Home

My best ESPN NFL 2K5 game ever!!!

This is a discussion on My best ESPN NFL 2K5 game ever!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Icon11 My best ESPN NFL 2K5 game ever!!!

I'm the Chargers, in my third year. I finished 10 - 6 on the season, and made the Wild Card round. I ended up playing against the Jets at home (how strange...).

Anyway, my running game wasn't working at all, only got about 40 yards in the first half (only 20 by my HB Kevin Faulk), so I stuck to passing.

My best WR, drafted in 2005, Ray Rivera, had an amazing game today, and I mostly stuck with him. He had 15 receptions for 270 yards, and all 4 touchdowns that I scored today. A career game for him!

Anyway, after the second quarter, the score was 23 - 7, Jets were leading. Phillip Rivers only had one touchdown, and three interceptions. So, I figured it was probably all over.

But, then, in a flash, I scored a touchdown in the third quarter. Then I intercepted one in the endzone, but it was a pass interference call, and they scored the next play. 30 - 14.

Fourth quarter arrives... I have to make some great plays here. So, I mainly stick to my main man Ray Rivera. I connected with him many times. I connected 7 times with 2005 drafted WR Terry Hayes for 117 yards also, and then 2 times with Kevin Faulk, and 2 times with TE A. Gates (either Anthony or Antonio, I forget).

I kind of forget what happened (and don't want to go back into GameCast too much), but what happened was phenomenal. In the last two minutes, I scored a 42 yard touchdown with Ray Rivera, and got the extra point. With 0:56 seconds left and all 3 timeouts left, I tried for the onside kick, but failed. Then, they ran the ball three times, and I stuffed the run all three times. They ended up punting it at my 12 yard line, with 0:49 seconds left. So, time to reach 88 yards in 49 seconds, no timeouts left. Here was the rest of the play-by-play from here:

- 1-10. Phillip Rivers pass right side complete to Terry Hayes for 33 yards.
- 1-10. Phillip Rivers pass across the middle complete to Michael Rodriguez for 26 yards.
- 1-10. Phillip Rivers pass left side complete to Ray Rivera for 26 yards.

Now I was at their 3 yard line... and this play was beyond amazing. Rivera shook up a guy, and was open for a catch. Now, he dove and caught it, right near the sideline, and then as three guys came, I instantly got up with him, and juked one guy, which made the other two dive and miss. Then, one guy was right to the right of me as I sprinted toward the goal line, dove toward the... pylon thingy, and he just got me at the 3 yard line.

So now, four chances to get it into the endzone. 1st and Goal, I passed it across the middle, and it was deflected by Norman Ortega. 2nd and Goal, tried another play across the middle, deflected by Ortega again. This time I was going to trick them out, and I really needed it. Third and Goal, a PA rollout or something like that, but just as I started throwing it, I got sacked! So now, fourth down... this was my best play ever, I cannot believe that I pulled it off! So, here it was...

Fourth down, the score is 30 - 24, 0:11 seconds left. If I don't score, I lose the Wild Card round, and the New York Jets advance.

I call a Flea Flicker. I do some Hot Routes for Rivera and Rodriguez, making Rivera slant right and cut horizontally. So, I hike it, and the flea flicker starts. I get the ball back as Rivers, and see nobody open, not even Rivera, having not even cutting across the middle yet. A guy is coming in on my left, so I scramble to the right. Then, I decide to run it with Rivers. I'm going closer to the sideline and pass the line of scrimmage, nothing left to do but go for the endzone. The safeties recognize me, and charge towards me. I'm around the 4 yard line now, and I figure that there's nowhere to go. So, I do the unbelieveable. I try to juke... but instead, I accidentally press BOTH shoulder buttons because of nervousness.

So, I lateral.

The ball ends up in Rivera's hands, right behind me! Both safeties have already dove at Rivers and crushed him, so I go to the right of him, right at the sideline. At about the 3 yard line, there's somebody just to the left of me, so I charge up, and dive...

Rivera dives over the pylon this time, and sticks his arms (and football) in the endzone, about three seconds after the game clock has reached 0:00. And... TOUCHDOWN!!! TOUCHDOWN!!! TOOOOOOUCHDOWNNNNN!!!

We're tied! We're tied! WE'RE TIED!!!

And we hear Zombie Nation going in the background, while Rivera is leaping up in the air, and it shows Rivers throw his fists into the air (I think it was him). So, it was just up to my kicker Matt Stover to seal the deal. For the extra point, he kicks it right through, game over! The final score, 31 - 30, and the Chargers are going to the divisional playoffs!

And oh boy, it was such a rush! I couldn't believe my play, I saved it, and I've just been playing it over and over again! I've never had a play that was like an ending to a football movie or something, like the impossible, but it happened here. An amazing comeback by me, and I'm very proud of what I had done.

Anyone else have such a terrific ending like that that they want to share?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: My best ESPN NFL 2K5 game ever!!!

This got lost up in the whole EA with ESPN deal but man that sounded like an AMAZING play. If you had some sort of camera and someone thats able to host the movie on the internet, I'd love to see it.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

Yeah, that was a good read. Congratulations. It is good to have a ray of sunshine in the now chaotic storm of video football gaming.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
This got lost up in the whole EA with ESPN deal but man that sounded like an AMAZING play. If you had some sort of camera and someone thats able to host the movie on the internet, I'd love to see it.
I only have a standard video camera, and don't know how to host it.

But man, I'd LOVE to host it, it looks fantastic!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-19-2005, 05:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Great story there.
I can't remember EXACTLY how it happened, since it was many seasons ago, but I was also a playoff game with my Ram team with Bulger still at the helm. I was up most of the game, but made stupid calls trying to kill some clock and ended up punting alot in the 2nd half and the CPU would score here and there to get back in it.

So with about 2 minutes left in the game, I decide to let the CPU score (I was up by 5 at this point I think and the cpu was near the red zone and was running alot killing time) and save some clock so I could possibly return it, drive upfield and try to go for a field goal. They score and hit the PAT.

I get the ball back in the endzone and get about a 20-25 yard return. I put in a FB in the RB position and hot route him to block from here on out.
Then the drive starts: 5 yards here, 10 there, 15 here, 7 there...and then I get sacked out of a shotgun formation for a loss of about 15 yards. I'm now near my own 40 yard line with less than a minute to go and 4th down. I hot route Isaac Bruce and Holt to do a slant in and a post out (respectively and I hit Bruce across the middle and spin away from the defender, dive, reaches out with the ball and JUST barely get the first down...clock in ticking since I'm out of Time Outs at this point...

I No huddle Spike the ball with 20-25 seconds left leaving me technically 2 quick plays going out of bounds to get in FG range or a big play and spiking it again.

Out of the shotgun, I pass to the corner to Holt andhe catches it for less than a firtst down, but fumbles it...luckily it goes out of bounds. About 15 seconds left now.

I decide for another quick play to the sidelines and try setting up field position) and I pass it down the sidelines to holt again 2 times - 1 for an incompletion and the other was caught, but I couldn't get out of bounds (he had to come into the middle to make the catch!) so the clock is ticking.

Left with about 7-9 seconds left I goof and don't no huddle into a spike ball, but audible into the last play. Realizing it's too late, I end up hot routing Holt for a slant up the middle and lead him with a bullet. He catches it, outruns his man with turbo and has a defender on his heels as I'm gunning for the endzone (I was NOT going to reach the sideline and make it)...and I get to about the 5 yard line and Charge dive in and I jump and JUST miss being tackled as I inch across the endzone line on theway down. GAME OVER.

I was pretty jacked after that happened especially since I thought I blew the game by LETTING them score and I couldn't answer back with a FG.
I'll have to check if I have a replay of that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2005, 07:21 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Good story OmegaZero, sounded like fun! I forgot to post my story before so here goes mine.

My game was different from you guys because I was playing some guy online. It was just a couple weeks after the game came out, this guy was the Patriots. I played with the him the Ravens, because it was just after the first roster update came out. (I wanted to see how Deion Sanders was) We ended up going back in forth. My first TD was with Travis Taylor when I manually caught it over one of his defenders and ran toward the endzone. He got a pick on me with Phipher, on what I think was a BS play because I thought I red the defense perfectly and Phipher got some boost and caught it. (That may be the game trying to make the Patriots defense amazing. I haven't seen any "speed up" like that since so I guess its a rare thing) So he goes down gets a score. We trade punts in the second half until the 4th quarter where it gets interesting. He's up by 3 with about 4 mins left. He goes down and scores a TD on me. The PAT is good and he's up by 10! I'm in trouble. So I work drive my team down the field with Kyle Boller. Todd Heap made a great catch on 3rd down to keep my drive alive. I capped off the drive with Todd heap scoring in the corner of the endzone.

There was about 2:15 seconds left in the game... Decision time, 3 timeouts, 2 minute warning, and I was down by 3. I was confident in my D and I thought I had to be in good field position to score on the Pats D if I wanted to win. So I kickoff, he gets to about the 25. First play he runs it, gets minimal gain, which brings us to the 2 minute warning. Here's where he makes a decision he'll regret for the rest of the day. Passing on 2nd down, up by 3, with under 2 mins left, and if he gets a first down he could win the game. I see he picked Quads so I picked Nickel Coverage so I'd have an extra LB in (then Dime would have) in case he did run. He doesn't run, he passes as I said before. There's a streaking David Patten over the middle and he fires the ball to him, "OH NO THATS THE GAME RIGHT THERE!" I thought, but out of no where the ball is picked off. "YES!" I tap turbo and right stick juke a lineman coming toward me on the sideline and reach the endzone for the TD. Who got the pick? OL' NUMBER 37 DEION SANDERS BABY! Coming up in Primetime and making the game changing play. If you could save plays online then you sure of hell know that would of been the first one I saved.

There was still time left but I ended up picking the ball off from Ed Reed (from the U) and didn't take any chances (as he did), I kneeled 3 times and the game was over. Trust me, you had to be playing the game to understand how great it was to win that game that way. This guy had his cheap as passes over the middle going for him all day, and the time he should have never done it penalized him the most.

LOL and as I said before, the main reason for playing with the Ravens was just to see how they made Deion sanders. How fitting was it for him to score the game winning TD?

Peace.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:14 PM   #7
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm the Chargers, in my third year. I finished 10 - 6 on the season, and made the Wild Card round. I ended up playing against the Jets at home (how strange...).

Anyway, my running game wasn't working at all, only got about 40 yards in the first half (only 20 by my HB Kevin Faulk), so I stuck to passing.

My best WR, drafted in 2005, Ray Rivera, had an amazing game today, and I mostly stuck with him. He had 15 receptions for 270 yards, and all 4 touchdowns that I scored today. A career game for him!

Anyway, after the second quarter, the score was 23 - 7, Jets were leading. Phillip Rivers only had one touchdown, and three interceptions. So, I figured it was probably all over.

But, then, in a flash, I scored a touchdown in the third quarter. Then I intercepted one in the endzone, but it was a pass interference call, and they scored the next play. 30 - 14.

Fourth quarter arrives... I have to make some great plays here. So, I mainly stick to my main man Ray Rivera. I connected with him many times. I connected 7 times with 2005 drafted WR Terry Hayes for 117 yards also, and then 2 times with Kevin Faulk, and 2 times with TE A. Gates (either Anthony or Antonio, I forget).

I kind of forget what happened (and don't want to go back into GameCast too much), but what happened was phenomenal. In the last two minutes, I scored a 42 yard touchdown with Ray Rivera, and got the extra point. With 0:56 seconds left and all 3 timeouts left, I tried for the onside kick, but failed. Then, they ran the ball three times, and I stuffed the run all three times. They ended up punting it at my 12 yard line, with 0:49 seconds left. So, time to reach 88 yards in 49 seconds, no timeouts left. Here was the rest of the play-by-play from here:

- 1-10. Phillip Rivers pass right side complete to Terry Hayes for 33 yards.
- 1-10. Phillip Rivers pass across the middle complete to Michael Rodriguez for 26 yards.
- 1-10. Phillip Rivers pass left side complete to Ray Rivera for 26 yards.

Now I was at their 3 yard line... and this play was beyond amazing. Rivera shook up a guy, and was open for a catch. Now, he dove and caught it, right near the sideline, and then as three guys came, I instantly got up with him, and juked one guy, which made the other two dive and miss. Then, one guy was right to the right of me as I sprinted toward the goal line, dove toward the... pylon thingy, and he just got me at the 3 yard line.

So now, four chances to get it into the endzone. 1st and Goal, I passed it across the middle, and it was deflected by Norman Ortega. 2nd and Goal, tried another play across the middle, deflected by Ortega again. This time I was going to trick them out, and I really needed it. Third and Goal, a PA rollout or something like that, but just as I started throwing it, I got sacked! So now, fourth down... this was my best play ever, I cannot believe that I pulled it off! So, here it was...

Fourth down, the score is 30 - 24, 0:11 seconds left. If I don't score, I lose the Wild Card round, and the New York Jets advance.

I call a Flea Flicker. I do some Hot Routes for Rivera and Rodriguez, making Rivera slant right and cut horizontally. So, I hike it, and the flea flicker starts. I get the ball back as Rivers, and see nobody open, not even Rivera, having not even cutting across the middle yet. A guy is coming in on my left, so I scramble to the right. Then, I decide to run it with Rivers. I'm going closer to the sideline and pass the line of scrimmage, nothing left to do but go for the endzone. The safeties recognize me, and charge towards me. I'm around the 4 yard line now, and I figure that there's nowhere to go. So, I do the unbelieveable. I try to juke... but instead, I accidentally press BOTH shoulder buttons because of nervousness.

So, I lateral.

The ball ends up in Rivera's hands, right behind me! Both safeties have already dove at Rivers and crushed him, so I go to the right of him, right at the sideline. At about the 3 yard line, there's somebody just to the left of me, so I charge up, and dive...

Rivera dives over the pylon this time, and sticks his arms (and football) in the endzone, about three seconds after the game clock has reached 0:00. And... TOUCHDOWN!!! TOUCHDOWN!!! TOOOOOOUCHDOWNNNNN!!!

We're tied! We're tied! WE'RE TIED!!!

And we hear Zombie Nation going in the background, while Rivera is leaping up in the air, and it shows Rivers throw his fists into the air (I think it was him). So, it was just up to my kicker Matt Stover to seal the deal. For the extra point, he kicks it right through, game over! The final score, 31 - 30, and the Chargers are going to the divisional playoffs!

And oh boy, it was such a rush! I couldn't believe my play, I saved it, and I've just been playing it over and over again! I've never had a play that was like an ending to a football movie or something, like the impossible, but it happened here. An amazing comeback by me, and I'm very proud of what I had done.

where's LT?
Old 01-20-2005, 12:26 AM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
where's LT?
Well, it's my third year, and his contract expired after the second year. I picked up Faulk instead.

Don't worry, I have a LOT of money left, about $14 mil. I feel like saving it for some reason though... in case some really important guy turns up in the free agent wire.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »