Home

Will default uniforms be important in a non-licensed football game

This is a discussion on Will default uniforms be important in a non-licensed football game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Will default uniforms be important in a non-licensed football game

Has there EVER been a football game that wasn't complained about by some? No matter how many features were added? No matter how good the graphics looked?

Some will never get over not having an NFL license, despite being able to customize things as they like. Developers NEVER have time/resources to do everything they would like either.

VC will most likely have time to take 2K5 and add most (certainly not all) the custom options talked about here. Some gameplay tweaks here and there, and that is it. It will be 2006 (or the 2K7 version if you like) before they can add some of the more interesting custom features.

In many ways they are heading into unknown waters here. They must also watch the legal line of what they can and can't do, like having player faces TOO close to the real thing.

This is still an exciting time though. If anyone can pull this off, it is VC.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:38 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Actually it's you that's heading into unknown water. My point is all these things mentioned, none of them came from VC. This is all what people HOPE and talk has changed to what's going to happen. Gonna be world war 3 when reality doesn't meet expectation.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:25 PM   #35
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

People who are uptight about logos, colors, faces, stadiums, etc.-essentially all non-gamplay/A.I./franchise elements- should probably avoid a generic game like the plague. Otherwise they're setting themselves up for bitter disappointment replete with lots of whining and complaining.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2005, 12:13 AM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Actually it's you that's heading into unknown water. My point is all these things mentioned, none of them came from VC. This is all what people HOPE and talk has changed to what's going to happen. Gonna be world war 3 when reality doesn't meet expectation.

It is far too early for VC to talk about features they want to add into a generic game. You can't really list things until you get well into the development cycle and you have a solid idea of what will -and what won't make it into the final game. The worst thing is to mention features and then have to cut them due to time constraints. THAT is what irks people.

Most of the ideas people are tossing around are no doubt things the VC guys talked about when they learned about the EA/NFL deal. Why not speculate about what might be done? What might be cool to see in a game? That is part of the reason for ANY forum, to provide a chance to talk, throw out ideas and suggestions.

Some people will set unrealistic expectations. They will be disappointed. Others will be more realistic, but still excited to try some of these new possible features.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:49 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
Look at the Broncos, the Bucs, the newest expansion team the Texans and now the Cardinals have a modified logo and announced new uniforms.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8138845
Oh my. I am scared and intimidated. That growling Cardinal has me shaking in my cleats. Please don't beat me up Mr. Growling Cardinal.

Are you kidding me?!? This is about as much of an update as the pathetic Seahawks logo!! Arizona needs a new team name all together. A little pissed off bird the size of a canary on the side of their helmets just makes them look ridiculous.

(Sorry, slight rant a little off subject.)
Old 01-31-2005, 11:09 AM   #38
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
It is far too early for VC to talk about features they want to add into a generic game. You can't really list things until you get well into the development cycle and you have a solid idea of what will -and what won't make it into the final game. The worst thing is to mention features and then have to cut them due to time constraints. THAT is what irks people.

Most of the ideas people are tossing around are no doubt things the VC guys talked about when they learned about the EA/NFL deal. Why not speculate about what might be done? What might be cool to see in a game? That is part of the reason for ANY forum, to provide a chance to talk, throw out ideas and suggestions.

Some people will set unrealistic expectations. They will be disappointed. Others will be more realistic, but still excited to try some of these new possible features.

People haven't been speculating for some time now. By the way, it's not far too early in the development cycle either AND no one knows what VC or Take Two have been thinking about this b/c they haven't told anyone that's put out a press release about it. I'm done trying to explain though. It's the circle of life around here which I don't know if you understand. When there is no game or the game that comes doesn't have all these things that were never promised there will be tons of bitching and the forum will be unbearable.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:01 PM   #39
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Well, I read and read and when I looked around for the 'quote' that someone had written, I couldn't find their post again

Anyway, I am a 60/40 text based sim gamer/console gamer, and I think without the NFL license an entire new vista of possibilities are open to VC/T2.

Without the NFL you can have Expansion teams(& expansion drafts), teams that relocate to other cities(if the fans don't support them), new(or random) uniforms that appear every few years or so, real money contracts that are tied to actual player values, retirement with players joining the game in other aspects(coaches or even color analysts), coaches retiring(& UNretireing), product sponsorships and a freedom to set the game up with any number of teams starting(8-32) in a free starting time frame(1948 or 1967 for instance) with the users choice of division/conference starting alignment.

Truly, it would be nice if this kind of a game actually was released on the PC Platform too. It would allow porting over of customizable details to the consoles much easier(if that is taken into consideration).

Just my thoughts and I am one of the few(very few I am guessing) who would PREorder a USFL based game(with expansion and yada yada )

It will be fun to watch how all this transpires...
Old 02-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
Oh my. I am scared and intimidated. That growling Cardinal has me shaking in my cleats. Please don't beat me up Mr. Growling Cardinal.

Are you kidding me?!? This is about as much of an update as the pathetic Seahawks logo!! Arizona needs a new team name all together. A little pissed off bird the size of a canary on the side of their helmets just makes them look ridiculous.

(Sorry, slight rant a little off subject.)

LOL. Yeah, I know. I'd rename the Cards the Arizona Coyotes in a heartbeat if it was up to me.

The point is valid though. Teams make changes. Gamers who demand exact uniforms and logos have to accept that there might be some changes in the future. Once you accept that, having alternate uniforms and logos is not such a big deal really. Granted, hard to see the Packers or Bears ever making serious changes, but who knows?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »