Home

I personally think that VC is still.....

This is a discussion on I personally think that VC is still..... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon12 I personally think that VC is still.....

I still feel that VC is still in the game & will suprise alot of people who think that the 2k football series is dead. I for one am a true fan of the 2k series since the dreamcast. I'm not a bandwagon player who just started playing this series so I will always support VC the same way the Madden faithful support EA. There are alot of us out here who are true fans that will buy a VC labeled product quickly.

I know that the EA deal is like a major shock right now because no one knows what VC will do to counter this move, so all of you are still awestruck over the deal. At first I was shocked until I realized what has been stripped from the game is just names, logos, & stadiums. These three things are easily replaced with an editor or hardcore fans who will do their own editing in todays technological world. I played 2k5 last night with historic teams and it has just the #'s being announced on #'s on the field wasn't a life altering experience that didn't make me not want to play the game.

Lastly, knowing VC they have a backup plan to make this alot easier than alot of yall are expecting. This is the same company who innovated a way for us to download other people playing tendacies & play them without even being in the same room with them. Their no dummies or lazy like the other company who just wants to buy themselves fans now that their base isn't as strong as it used to be. It wouldn't suprise me if VC has a feature in 2k6
that will allow you to use your 2k5 save profile or VIP profile to upload the names, stadiums, & logos for 2k6. It would be a easy fix for them to use 2k5
as a boot disc for 2k6 since there are million of copies out there already & you can find it anywhere & still buy it.

Whatever you all do don't count out the best sports developer on the market with great minds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I personally think that VC is still.....

I'm pretty sure that the guys at VC want to continue with football games.
The big question is, what Take2 decides to do: Will they call a timeout or will they take the knee?
Old 01-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

Football is a wrap for Take 2...
Old 01-29-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroman4ever
Football is a wrap for Take 2...
I know alot of you hope so, but when E3 rolls around I'll bet 2k Games will be the most popular booth there.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank103
I know alot of you hope so, but when E3 rolls around I'll bet 2k Games will be the most popular booth there.
Yeah it probably will be. MINUS football. I know people are trying to keep the "glass half full" here but it all boils down to money, even with Take Two. Id say the chances of Take Two staying in the football game business is about 25% chance. 75% chance they dont. I dont mean to sound mean Im just being realistic. I think Im alot more realistic than alot of people who keep posting the "i bet they will make a football game"...what these people are really tying to do is CONVINCE themselves that there is gonna be a new football game. Im not saying there wont be, but I wouldnt bet my money on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

VC still has a future in football gaming, but it will have to be a college game. EA's deal has sunk the 2K series...at least as a pro football game. They can compete with EA if they develop a college game and turn a profit...NCAA 2005 is horrible, but it sells because it is the only game out there. Of course, it's all up to Take-Two at this point. But I don't expect another pro game from VC until the EA deal runs out, and who knows what will happen then, the whole landscape of the gaming market could change by then. So if you want a new pro football title within the next few years, it'll be EA's or nothing...unfortunately.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:42 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

What it all boils down to is that the VG industry is still a business. THey will always need to look out for their bottom line first. They need to see a realistic demand for a game, and 50 people at one site does not create that.

Now, I am a newly turned Madden fan( a few days mind you), simply because of the fact that Madden has a more polished game IMO.

But even having said this, I want Madden to fail in their role as the exclusive NFl provider, so that VC can still create very good games to compete with Madden.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:13 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Are EA and VC/Take 2 still competitors in the football market? NO! If Take 2 allows VC to make a non-licensed game it will be judged against other si,iliar games. They no longer have to have the burden of competing with Madden. Quite possibly, if the costs are low enough, they could sell 150,000 copies and still turn a profit. 150,000 is an estimate- - but I hope you know what I mean.

I think Take 2/VC at least makes a game this year. You have to figure they were already in progress on 2K6. They will probably throw a generic game out there to please the loyalists. Remember, the clock is ticking on the XBOX anyway....new XBOX due Xmas 2005.

If it was over for Football from VC...it would have been announced already!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »