Home

Take 2 Speaks...Football Vaguely Referred

This is a discussion on Take 2 Speaks...Football Vaguely Referred within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2005, 06:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Take 2 Speaks...Football Vaguely Referred

Here are a few key points...

First of all, expect little in terms of innovation from Madden for the XBOX and PS2 this August. Yeah, there might be some things tightened up, but graphically, these systems have given all they can give. Saying that, Madden releases their yearly 49.99 roster update and this year..."Create Your Momma Mode" al la Donovan McNabb's momma in the luxury box!

Meanwhile, the Football team at VC can throw out something generic (keepin' their name out there) and be practicing the innovations they can use for the new consoles. Most people speculate they are already 1/3 done anyway. It might be as simple as stripping 2K6 down a bit and creating some "generic" teams, stadiums, and just have ROBUST league play. Personally, If I am kicking butt online...i forget who i am anyway as far as teams....

Like I said, a generic 2K6 keeps the company name out there and after the XB 2...they might drop a college game on us with the hot graphics!
Old 02-01-2005, 06:45 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
There will definitely be another football game from VC.
Jedi mind trick? :-) ??? Nah...I believe you! You are probably under a NSA gag order per Condolezza Rice!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
Jedi mind trick? :-) ??? Nah...I believe you! You are probably under a NSA gag order per Condolezza Rice!!!
FUZZY MATH!!!!!!! LOL!

Nah for real though, I think if they make another football game it will be college. People have to remember 100 people posting on this messge board is not enough to make Take Two make a business decision either way. I just makes me feel bad for some people to get hyped up about it. I mean I can understand being on the board and everyone trying to make everyone feel better about the situation, but I really dont see TT making any kind of football game BUT a college one, and even then that might not happen..at least I dont think in time for this years season. People have to understand that these companies start working on next years games even before they ship and release this years. EA and VC were working on NFL2k6 and Madden 2006 before thier 2005 games hit the shelves.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:32 PM   #20
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

blackceaser, you're pretty smart for a run away. seriously though, those are my thoughts exactly but i'm going to stop trying to take the wind from people's sails. time will tell.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:47 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
blackceaser, you're pretty smart for a run away. seriously though, those are my thoughts exactly but i'm going to stop trying to take the wind from people's sails. time will tell.
The guy that won the Titanuim Bowl said they are coming out with another football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2005, 04:52 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

It's not that I don't want to see VC do a college game, I'd buy it, but unless they planned one back in the middle of 2004 (with a 2005 release in mind) it is too late to get one out this year.

I don't believe VC wasn't doing work on the next NFL game, even with the uncertain license situation. How much time to rework the game and make it a generic pro game? Can they do it in time for an early August release? Madden 2006 already has a release date of August 9th according to my local EBgames store.

VC would need at least a simultaneous release date, or much preferably a week or two earlier. An early release, much cheaper price, and those ready for a new football game might give it a try, even if they still plan on getting the new Madden.

Will we see a pro game this year? Or a college one? Or both? We can only wait and see. I'd expect that VC/T2 will make their plans known by E3 at the latest. So it might be May before we know what to expect.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:10 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 21

I'm thinking if they are doing something football related, we'll begin hearing about it in April. I'm sure they'd want to have info released for the print magazines, which has to have a couple months lead time. But I'm sure they'd like to hold any info until E3.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #24
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'm thinking if they are doing something football related, we'll begin hearing about it in April
doubtful

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »