Home

Now that Sega is gone what was your all time favorite Sega Football game?

This is a discussion on Now that Sega is gone what was your all time favorite Sega Football game? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2005, 08:06 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Now that Sega is gone what was your all time favorite Sega Football game?

NFL 2K1--most fun i had playing a football game since JOE MONTANA(forgot the year)--i played the franchise mode in 2k1 for sooo long everyday of every chance i could,if that wasn't enough INTERNET football!!!! 2k1 was brilliant

to me 2k2 was trash!!!!!!!!!

2k3 was king of realism--and vc showed you didn't have to have stupid looking momentum physics to have a realistic playing game.REALLER THAN ANY FOOTBALL GAME TO DATE..screw what u have to say about dropped passes,super dives, and all that because they cancelled out some of the other b.s.evening out the game..LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME!!

2k4-was a nightmare in pretty clothes to me..

2k5-ALLMOST KING---the franchise mode bugs,and some instances of ******** A.I. kept it from being king!!--if the franchise mode ran as good as 2k4's
Old 02-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #18
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

1. NFL 2k1: This was the game that introduced to me to the 2k series on Dreamcast. It was actually my stepbrother's father who bought the game, and right around this time I was really getting into sports (most of them). Played this game a ton. This prompted me to get NFL 2k2. Probably not the best in the series, but it is the most memorable to me.

2. ESPN NFL 2k5: I did have ESPN NFL Football here because it re-introduced me to the 2k brand, but I had to go with this year's edition because it was pretty similar to ESPN NFL Football and I've played it a ton more then last year (only got ENF because I wanted something different then Madden 2004).

3. ESPN NFL Football: This game and 2k5 are very similar to me. After buying NFL 2k2 for Dreamcast, I switched to the Madden name (which I hadn't played since the old SNES days...and I hadn't really played that too much either) and stayed there for 2003 and 2004. However, I bought this game late in the football season and absolutely LOVED it. It was so different, so refreshing. The best $45 I had spent in a long while.

4. NFL 2k2: Really not too much different then NFL 2k1 if I remember correctly. But it seemed more improved, so I still liked it. I just remember Randy Moss being on the cover and me (not really knowing TOO much about the game yet) picking the Minnesota Vikings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 02-08-2005, 05:54 PM   #19
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

1. ESPN NFL2k5.

Although there were some bugs, this game is still the best in the series.

2. Joe Montana NFL 94

There are things to this day that both Madden and VC could learn from this game. This game IMO was the best football game to ever come on to the Genesis. This game had the perfect package.

3. NFL2K

The first in the 2K series. I still remember drooling as I waited in line for 3hrs waiting to buy my Dreamcast and 2K. Not a perfect game, but set the standard for the future generations of video football games.

4. Joe Montana SportsTalk Football

The game that started play by play annoucing. Pretty decent gameplay. Good graphics.

Ahh, the Montana Series...Those were great times.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:49 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

NFL2k: the dawn of a new era of video football. Some problems were evident but nonetheless a great new beginning.

NFL2k1: Online console football on the Sega Sports Network Unfortunately out routes were MONEY grrrrrrrrrr

NFL 2k2 : Transition phase. Defense was crazy on Xbox and PS2, but not so much on the dreamcast. One thing it had over the last two installments 2k4 and 2k5 was defensive speed. The DB's were horrible at times though. They would jump way before the ball even got close to being there No pre snap blitz animations. But the defensive line was better than because they got off the snap fast like they SHOULD. This is an advantage it has over 2k4 and 2k5. No gang tackling though and sometimes the running backs grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

NFL2k3: Best zone drops by defenders, here guys actually dropped to their zone area and slid and spyed the WR's when doing so although even here it could be better. The DB's when you ran cover 3, didn't just turn their back to the QB upon the snap. They started with a backpedal and watched the nearest receiver. Running game was great, the intermediate and short passing game was pretty good albeit the deep passing game was kinda mehhh. Good presnap blitz animations, however blitzing was bad. Could not get a sack to save your life against the A.I. Of if you could it was hard as hell. Playing defensive line it was hard to get in. In this regard it is better than 2k5 where guys play defensive line and don't get touched at all. Shoulder charge was a problem though. People used it to gain speed and Alstott and Bettis were promised at least 5 yards everytime you hit it and with no two player tackling, the balance of the game had began to shift.

2k4: Crazy running game, super blocking linemen who suplexed, clipped tackled defenders. Bad tackling. All angles were bad angles. Running game on steroids. Backs in the flats for TD's, screens for TD's. This game was WIDE OPEN on offense. Turn on dime physics ect. Defense needed alot of help. No pre snap blitz animations to signal blitz. Blitzing was OK.

2k5: Running toned down, but passing gone wild, especially deep passing. Defense needs help again. Blitzing is bad especially the outside blitz. Only Patriots have good pre snap blitz animations QB scramble madness, no QB spy, defenders do a bad job of zone dropping, short and intermediate passing game on offense declined everything just deep. There is no way you should be passing deep against 7 man blitzes, but here it happens all the time and most of the time you can get a TD off of it. The blitz should force you into intermediate and short passing game DB's are about like 2k2 and 2k3, Premature ejumpulation.

By the time we get to 2k5 the offense has seen a SURGE and the Defense is lagging behind. This is not to say the offense can't use some work, because it can, but the defense needs the most work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »