Home

TT/VC plan B was in motion months ago

This is a discussion on TT/VC plan B was in motion months ago within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
TT/VC plan B was in motion months ago

Take2 was one of the bidders on the NFL deal way before 2K5 came out, they knew that EA was outbidding everyone and they probably had alternate plans in motion for a football game. The market is big enough for an alternative to ho-hum annual Madden offering...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2005, 10:42 PM   #2
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: TT/VC plan B was in motion months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoG
Take2 was one of the bidders on the NFL deal way before 2K5 came out, they knew that EA was outbidding everyone and they probably had alternate plans in motion for a football game. The market is big enough for an alternative to ho-hum annual Madden offering...
It's no secret they are putting a game out.Now if plan B is a generic professional football game,then their plan has come to full fruition.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #3
Glory, Glory, Man United!

AtXj's Arena

OVR: 11

Im sure what ever they come up with will be ingenius.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:42 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

It's no secret they are putting a game out"

link?

its all about money to them, just like at EA. This isnt the days of NES, non hardcore people want official players and logos.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Does anyone know if they already got the license before the deal was made? Could they still come out with an nfl game this year?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2005, 06:22 AM   #6
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Their NFL and NFLPA license expires this year.In interviews, people from Take Two and people from VC have said there will be a game this year.That doesn't preclude it from being cancelled at some point,but right now the plan is to put out a game.It may be an "extreme" type of game or more of a front office simulator.It may be a continuation of the current model,but with generic teams and players.The key to any success the game would have is how much editing it will allow,IMHO.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:09 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

i don't know why vc & tt is _______ time on crap..THERE IS A FOOTBALL LICENSE LEFT.............NCAA dammit!!!

take the goodness of nfl2k5 and make an ncaa game..
Old 02-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
Their NFL and NFLPA license expires this year.In interviews, people from Take Two and people from VC have said there will be a game this year.That doesn't preclude it from being cancelled at some point,but right now the plan is to put out a game.It may be an "extreme" type of game or more of a front office simulator.It may be a continuation of the current model,but with generic teams and players.The key to any success the game would have is how much editing it will allow,IMHO.

where is this interview you speak of?

I read all the sports sites, and get insider video game magazines delivered to my house, yet I have seen nothing about them SAYING there will be a game.

All I have seen is a cryptic line of "we have them(the NFL devs) working on something"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »