Home

The ESPN NFL2K5 2006 Project?

This is a discussion on The ESPN NFL2K5 2006 Project? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
The ESPN NFL2K5 2006 Project?

Now that this NFL season is over with....is anyone interested in replicating the 2006 teams and rosters with NFL2K5. NFL2K5 has tons of replay value and could compliment Sega's generic football game if we update the rosters and enhance the gameplay a little. Here's what I have in mind:

-Updating rosters(involves changing ratings and creating players)
-Sliders and rosters that improve the game
-Franchise house rules
-downloadable VIP's of new coaches and playcalling(I replicated the Colts offense this year a little)

I have also discovered there are some pretty good workarounds to make replicating the NFL in 2006 a bit easier.

Anybody interested in doing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Cool Re: The ESPN NFL2K5 2006 Project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Now that this NFL season is over with....is anyone interested in replicating the 2006 teams and rosters with NFL2K5. NFL2K5 has tons of replay value and could compliment Sega's generic football game if we update the rosters and enhance the gameplay a little. Here's what I have in mind:

-Updating rosters(involves changing ratings and creating players)
-Sliders and rosters that improve the game
-Franchise house rules
-downloadable VIP's of new coaches and playcalling(I replicated the Colts offense this year a little)

I have also discovered there are some pretty good workarounds to make replicating the NFL in 2006 a bit easier.

Anybody interested in doing this?
Rocky, I think this will be a great idea, I've tried to keep my rosters updated and change up the attributes as well. Keep us posted on any new ideas.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: The ESPN NFL2K5 2006 Project?

Rocky, I am afraid that updating roster names is not going to be enough to keep the game fresh and interesting. We would still have the same cut-scenes, graphics, sound elements, gameplay issues, menu disorganization and repeat commentary that we have now. My advice is to purchase EA's title this year to temporarily satisfy your pro football craving until Take Two gets their generic pro title next year.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #4
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
Rocky, I am afraid that updating roster names is not going to be enough to keep the game fresh and interesting. We would still have the same cut-scenes, graphics, sound elements, gameplay issues, menu disorganization and repeat commentary that we have now. My advice is to purchase EA's title this year to temporarily satisfy your pro football craving until Take Two gets their generic pro title next year.
Forget that...If it was updated (and if there was enough create a player slots to create all the '05 rookies) then this would be my football game of choice for NEXT year
Old 02-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I think this is a great idea but not personally anything that I would do. But if you prefer THIS style of play over what EA has offered up to this point why would you suggest not doing this if you have the time and energy just because of cut scenes, animation and commentary? I understand that this game isn't perfect but people that prefer it over Madden think that it's closer to perfect than Madden so why would you just go play a game you find inferior if you have the time and energy to do this? It's not like the divisions are shifting or anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Okay...I was thinking about starting out a site for a bit more exposure for the project but I decided for right now to keep it in this one thread.

I'm thinking about dividing the project up in these parts:
1-New Coaches/V.I.P's/Playbooks
2-Sliders/Rating Edits
3-Franchise House Rules
4-Updated Rosters

If you would like to contribute, just reply...
Old 02-12-2005, 05:17 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Okay...I was thinking about starting out a site for a bit more exposure for the project but I decided for right now to keep it in this one thread.

I'm thinking about dividing the project up in these parts:
1-New Coaches/V.I.P's/Playbooks
2-Sliders/Rating Edits
3-Franchise House Rules
4-Updated Rosters

If you would like to contribute, just reply...
The main thing for me is updated rosters for 2k5, that'd make me as happy as I could be without a new ESPN game if there isn't one.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Am I missing something? Can you edit the current head coaches of teams? A lot of coaches are fired but I didn't think you could change that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »