Home

Why A 2KSports Football Game Can Succeed In 2K6

This is a discussion on Why A 2KSports Football Game Can Succeed In 2K6 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2005, 03:34 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why A 2KSports Football Game Can Succeed In 2K6

I think people speak bad about Madden including me a long time Maddenite, because they have had 15 plus years to add in gang tackling. They have had 15 years to come up with the quote if its in the game it in the game, but yet it is not. they have had 15 years to come up with the slogan EA games challenge everything, and yet it is now EA games buy everything. I think many a person out there see's that. Each game has made improvements and had slips in the process. But a company like VC, which is not as old as EA will not get blasted as much. Ea to me IMO had 15 years to make a stellar stick game!!!!!!!!! The glitches or jetpack or hot blitzes, or the studda or the etc etc etc, I guess if this is a true rendidtion of football then so be it.

Every game has its flaws. I watched the Madden Challenge where Big Jean beat pretty boy for the big prize of $50,000, and all i saw was roll left with vick wait for coverage to break down, then pass it or have Vick Jet. They marketed the game for defense. I watched as the QB dropped back some 15 or 20 yards to throw a 70 yard bomb. It took them all of 15 years to fix this?????????????? It still aint fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!! When was the last time someone in a Madden game over threw the WR? Underthrew the WR? Like I said each game has its faults, but Madden IMO I am just sick of the baby steps. That game should be top notch and had stuff implemented years ago. Things like over or under thrown balls. No such thing as a 20 yard drop back pass. Gang tackling. ETC ETC ETC. Both games are good but my choice is ESPN.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:37 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
Let's be clear on something. NFL2kers will buy Madden this year because it will be the LONE PRO FOOTBALL available this year. They won't buy it BECAUSE EA has the NFL license. If Take Two gave us a generic pro football title this year, NFL2kers would buy it over Madden guaranteed.

Let me illustrate it another way. If you had a choice of driving a Lexus LS 430 or a Dodge Neon, then of course you are going to choose the Lexus. But if someone says you can either drive the Neon to work every day or WALK to work every day, all of a sudden the Neon does not look so bad. Same applies here.

Hey lets get the class of cars closer could we? lets compare a Lexus and a cadillac or Mercedes or BMW, but a Neon???????
Old 02-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #35
Rookie

Not to be funny or start a flame war or anything, but it sounds like Big Tim has no skills in ESPN. I have yet to have anyone go for it on 3 and 6 and run it and get a 1st down. I know this is not the compare thread, but if you watched the Madden Challenge, you saw those guys go for it on 4th and 12 and make it 4th and 17 and make it. I mean the 4th down conversions, were about 60% plus. I know that is not real in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!! They just drop back 20 and heave hooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Tim I would love to play you have have you try to run J lewis on me like that. I would also love to see your play calling and see if you run the same play over and over again like they do not do in the NFL. I am up for a challenge if you are. My tag is my name here. Add me, send me a note, lets battle.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »