Home

NCAA 2k6? - Apparently not likely

This is a discussion on NCAA 2k6? - Apparently not likely within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA 2k6? - Apparently not likely

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
NOW this is beyond madness..the wigs @ ea must be really pissed off that vc's football game IS BETTER THAN THEIRS & represent the sport much closer than their garbage pile...!!!

imagine if vc had only an ncaa game to develope..it would be the same story again..ncaa fb 2k =better than ea's ncaa fb..lol!! better graphics,running game,presentation,and overall fun factor...ea get's pissed off again n spend half their company to kick vc to the curb lol!!!!!....

vc should keep it up n make ea go broke trying to buy out everything..including subway store,wall marts,homedepots,payless .................lol!!! awwhh man lol!! EA suck balls!!lol they have no notion in developing a good game n have no confidence in their developers....scared of a challenge since how many years..wussy!!!
EA go broke? In our dreams. EA could have bought VC 10 times over if they wanted to. EA is to sports games now as what Microsoft is to operating systems. EA could care less if we thing thier game sucks or not. For every one of us that has "seen the light" and got away from EA's lousy efforts to produce sports games, they pick up 5 more new customers who buy it cuz they see it on TV with real players. Its all about whos got the $$$$ and EA has it.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:36 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

"imagine if vc had only an ncaa game to develope..it would be the same story again.."

they did develop an NCAA game, and it was a stinking garbage pile.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #19
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTim
"imagine if vc had only an ncaa game to develope..it would be the same story again.."

they did develop an NCAA game, and it was a stinking garbage pile.
But they weren't focusing on it, they were spending almost all of their resources on the nfl game, and that's why they stopped making it. If they got into it again, I'm sure they wouldn't make the same mistake especially sense they don't have an nfl game to worry about for the next 5 years.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-13-2005, 07:58 PM   #20
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Lmao ea just won't stop. I can't do anything but laugh, of course I wasn't really expecting a college game anyway. It's amazing what lengths ea will go to to make sure vc stays out of football. If only they spent half that energy developing games....

And thats what has me raising an eye brow when it comes to ea and their motives and tactics they seem almost unstoppble and a bit scary at the same time could it be that they'er just that "Powerful and intimidating" to the point where they leave us consumers with no choice as far as other competitors,it just seems all so wrong and unfair and all of this is done under the guise of "Buisness as usual"...sorry if I'm ranting a bit here but whats going on here with that company or any company that just eliminates all of its competition is just not right and not healthy for us gamers right now...guess we can call this the begining of the "Dark Ages" of sports video/Interactive gaming as we've come to know it.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 02-13-2005, 08:17 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 10

It was pretty obvious this was coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #22
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
And thats what has me raising an eye brow when it comes to ea and their motives and tactics they seem almost unstoppble and a bit scary at the same time could it be that they'er just that "Powerful and intimidating" to the point where they leave us consumers with no choice as far as other competitors,it just seems all so wrong and unfair and all of this is done under the guise of "Buisness as usual"...sorry if I'm ranting a bit here but whats going on here with that company or any company that just eliminates all of its competition is just not right and not healthy for us gamers right now...guess we can call this the begining of the "Dark Ages" of sports video/Interactive gaming as we've come to know it.

Holla Back ya'll

I actually think it's kind of a good thing that some young guys see how the business world is. It's not pretty. For us older folk, it sucks that our escape from the real world has now been intruded upon but it will teach a good lesson to many. Of course that's a very very small part of it but it is one positive to be taken from these things.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:52 PM   #23
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I actually think it's kind of a good thing that some young guys see how the business world is. It's not pretty. For us older folk, it sucks that our escape from the real world has now been intruded upon but it will teach a good lesson to many. Of course that's a very very small part of it but it is one positive to be taken from these things.

Well put and there is a lesson to be learned here the irony of all this is that being from an older generation of gamers we've seen the very early beginings of this "Industry" and it appears that they've out grown themselves and have almost ruined the most hallo place of privacy that one could retreat to and that is our very creative imaginations themselves.

Its no longer a nice place or company to think about with the issues they have and whispers and rumors of mistreatment of their very own employees,this is just one sad story and their business practices are done with precision and skill as to leave no stone unturned they've completly changed the course and history of video gaming with one stroke of the pen signing and buying,selling whatever their business compadres (lawyers) can get their hands on in order to become one "ugly" corporation nothing like the ea I use to know and respect.

I know the handwriting is on the wall for awhile anyway nothing is forever but when a company of this magnitude and prestige blantly over looks its loyal fans and customers for "quanity" over "quality" they won't have that respect from fans for long and will have evolved into just another company after a "quick" buck. But I still believe in that silver lining and therefore remain and still hold on to being "Optimistic".

Holla Back ya'll
Old 02-14-2005, 05:31 PM   #24
Banned

Grandmaster1's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
NOW this is beyond madness..the wigs @ ea must be really pissed off that vc's football game IS BETTER THAN THEIRS & represent the sport much closer than their garbage pile...!!!

imagine if vc had only an ncaa game to develope..it would be the same story again..ncaa fb 2k =better than ea's ncaa fb..lol!! better graphics,running game,presentation,and overall fun factor...ea get's pissed off again n spend half their company to kick vc to the curb lol!!!!!....

vc should keep it up n make ea go broke trying to buy out everything..including subway store,wall marts,homedepots,payless .................lol!!! awwhh man lol!! EA suck balls!!lol they have no notion in developing a good game n have no confidence in their developers....scared of a challenge since how many years..wussy!!!

It takes two to tango,chief. You guys need to stop,really you do. Some of you paint it has if EA forced the NFL into the exclusive deal. You act has if they're forcing the NCAA into this. That's simply not the case. The NFL and the NCAA want to make money and right now they know there is money to be made with EA Sports.

So no,the NCAA is not in the back pocket of EA Sports. The NCAA wants to make money,and last time I checked EA Sports makes a ton of it with their NCAA football series. All the NCAA is doing is making a business decision.

What I want to know is,how many of you would be bitching if it was Take-Two and Visual Concepts who got the exclusive NFL rights. Or were close to locking up exclusive NCAA rights?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »