Home

Why People Will Still Play 2K5 Until The New Consoles

This is a discussion on Why People Will Still Play 2K5 Until The New Consoles within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why People Will Still Play 2K5 Until The New Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
missed this before....

that's cool, i definitely enjoy 2k5 more than madden. i just remember when people said bad things about the 2k series... mostly 2k3, the first question would be how long have you played it? if the answer was less than say 5 or 10 games then the entire forum would be all over the guy. so when someone disses madden after playing for 5 minutes he deserves the same ridicule. i'm not here to defend madden by any means but credibility is lost when talking about ANYTHING if judgement is made on anything like that.
Ever eat chitterlings (more affectionately called chitlin's)...It is a delicacy to some, but most can't get past the stench. Same with Madden...I couldn't get past the stench!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2005, 02:27 PM   #42
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

interesting example. I for one refuse to eat chitterlings, pig feet, pig's tongue and other southern delicacies that my family loves. However with that if someone asked me how chitterlings taste my response wouldn't be "they're horrible" or "they suck" but instead I'd say "I don't know because they smell too bad for me to even try them".

if you've played madden (or 2k5 for that matter) for 5 minutes and then gave up then you shouldn't say "it's horrible" or "it sucks" but instead "i don't really know b/c i couldn't get into it after just 5 minutes". there's a big difference in that the first two would be a misrepresentation of your true ability to give an unbiased opinion of the meal or the game.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:23 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
interesting example. I for one refuse to eat chitterlings, pig feet, pig's tongue and other southern delicacies that my family loves. However with that if someone asked me how chitterlings taste my response wouldn't be "they're horrible" or "they suck" but instead I'd say "I don't know because they smell too bad for me to even try them".

if you've played madden (or 2k5 for that matter) for 5 minutes and then gave up then you shouldn't say "it's horrible" or "it sucks" but instead "i don't really know b/c i couldn't get into it after just 5 minutes". there's a big difference in that the first two would be a misrepresentation of your true ability to give an unbiased opinion of the meal or the game.
I have a bit more experience with Madden than I let on. I just exaggerate a bit. I still own a copy of Madden and despite the graphical inferiority, I admit is plays well and there are some things I like. I just love ESPN...I'll probably find time for both. Hopefully, VC will make a generic and Madden will improve dramatically...and all will be well. Then everyone can cease slandering each game and company and actually play some ball!
Old 02-22-2005, 04:58 PM   #44
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Hey, hump, I believe me and you have been on the same page from the beginning and were both debating a different topic entirely. My comment was based on this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I've never completed a single game of Madden. Example: I rented 2005, brought it home, slapped it in the Xbox, played for four minutes, felt sick, shut it off, drove back to Blockbuster and rented another game for the weekend. I try to play, but I can't.
I then generalized to say that anyone that does this with any game is wrong and has no right to comment. None of it was directed at you or your original post which I think we agree on.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:22 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Hey, hump, I believe me and you have been on the same page from the beginning and were both debating a different topic entirely. My comment was based on this post.

I then generalized to say that anyone that does this with any game is wrong and has no right to comment. None of it was directed at you or your original post which I think we agree on.
Agreed. Both games have their places. I like Madden more when I play alone. ESPN is more fun online.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »