Home

Why People Will Still Play 2K5 Until The New Consoles

This is a discussion on Why People Will Still Play 2K5 Until The New Consoles within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Why People Will Still Play 2K5 Until The New Consoles

Ok, If VC and Take 2 throw in the towel after reading all the reasons Big Tim and Black Ceasar cite that they should give up (Laughs)...will you continue to play ESPN 2K5 on XBOX Live (or Ps2) even without new rosters and the league website? Will you go back to CLSN and League Daddy formats for leagues? Or, will you ante up for a SLIGHTLY changed Madden with updated rosters, the same old engine, and 10 more single player franchise options? Oh I forgot,... $9.99 per month to get to their leagues and download roster updates? Just curious. Whatever happens, I will play ESPN 2K5 until the new consoles (if I get one) or EA provides the "WOW FACTOR" which is highly unlikely in my formative gaming years. Guess I will become like the guys who play the "dead" NFL Fever game but have a blast doing it! And I can save $50 for a good meal!

I believe there will STILL be a robust online comminity playing 2K5 until the nextgen consoles come out, maybe longer.

Last edited by humpdump66; 02-12-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2005, 09:58 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Why People Will Still Play 2K5 Until The New Consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
Ok, If VC and Take 2 throw in the towel after reading all the reasons Big Tim and Black Ceasar cite that they should give up (Laughs)...will you continue to play ESPN 2K5 on XBOX Live (or Ps2) even without new rosters and the league website? Will you go back to CLSN and League Daddy formats for leagues? Or, will you ante up for a SLIGHTLY changed Madden with updated rosters, the same old engine, and 10 more single player franchise options? Oh I forgot,... $9.99 per month to get to their leagues and download roster updates? Just curious. Whatever happens, I will play ESPN 2K5 until the new consoles (if I get one) or EA provides the "WOW FACTOR" which is highly unlikely in my formative gaming years. Guess I will become like the guys who play the "dead" NFL Fever game but have a blast doing it! And I can save $50 for a good meal!

I believe there will STILL be a robust online comminity playing 2K5 until the nextgen consoles come out, maybe longer.
I guess it comes down to whatever makes you happy..that's why we play games.Guys that are still playing fever are enjoying it...no big deal...it's a video game.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

I will buy whatever football game VC/Take2 decides to release. Whether its a College or non NFL licensed Pro game and I will buy it even if its priced at $50.

If VC/Take2 doesn't release a new football game I will continue to play ESPN NFL 2K5. I refuse to be subjected to the crappy gameplay, unrealistic and moronic strategy Madden has to offer.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'll probably keep 2k5 and my XBOX well after the new consoles come out just to have a football game I enjoy playing. I will give the new Madden a chance, but I doubt I'll enjoy it. It's not that I think Madden is crap or anything, its just not my cup of tea. And if I am asked to fork over 5-10 dollars extra a month to pay for online play, leagues, etc. I'm not doing it for ANY game, EA or otherwise. I was desperatley hoping for VC/TT to make a killer NCAA footbal game, but that looks unlikely due to the Dark Shadow That Is Falling Over The Gaming Industry Also Know As EA. So my only vice will be to keep 2k5 and manually update rosters, rookies, and the like ......FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS!!! (sigh)
Old 02-13-2005, 12:18 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbyevil
I'll probably keep 2k5 and my XBOX well after the new consoles come out just to have a football game I enjoy playing. I will give the new Madden a chance, but I doubt I'll enjoy it. It's not that I think Madden is crap or anything, its just not my cup of tea. And if I am asked to fork over 5-10 dollars extra a month to pay for online play, leagues, etc. I'm not doing it for ANY game, EA or otherwise. I was desperatley hoping for VC/TT to make a killer NCAA footbal game, but that looks unlikely due to the Dark Shadow That Is Falling Over The Gaming Industry Also Know As EA. So my only vice will be to keep 2k5 and manually update rosters, rookies, and the like ......FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS!!! (sigh)
Makes sense to me. Once the ESPN Videogames servers are forced offline sometime at the end of the summer, the "basic" version of the game should still play on XBOX Live. This might just allow the first rosters the game offered back in July 2004, but it is better than nothing. XBOX live is good like that. You can still play 2K4 or 2K3 online if you wish....just few are on. I assume there will be a group that still will be online playing 2K5 long after Madden releases. I'll be one of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2005, 01:29 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

"$9.99 per month to get to their leagues and download roster updates?"

huh...where have you seen this?

Ive seen that they MIGHT charge a small fee, but are looking into the possibilty of a corporate sponsor(like last year) or not doing it at all, since they know that 50% of their users dont own a CC.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:33 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

I GUESS I WILL BE PLAYING 2K5 on ps3..........last night i was watching the pro bowl challenges..and me n my friends was saying those are like the TRAINING CAMP DRILLS in madden..and i was thinking how great those would have been in nfl 2k6 maybe!!

and then a cold chil came to me..because i thought about how horrible madden's gameplay is to me(very,very disgusting i.m.o) and how i might have to be playing that game for years to come if i want my nfl vg fix!!!..

then i think about how much i enjoy nfl2k5 everyday still.and what fixes 2k6 could have brought to the table like..

.better db reaction & a.i
.better short passing game
.franchise trade n draft a.i.. being fixed again
.new features probably---in franchise,training mode,off season drills,,and mini games,edit a team/relocate..better everything..a more POLISHED VERSION OF 2K5!!

damn i can't imagine playing a full game in madden n enjoying it..TRUST ME I'VE TRIED MANY TIMES!! my friends do it easily...but anyway r.i.p. nfl2k to me the closest to really representing the real life sport.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTim
"$9.99 per month to get to their leagues and download roster updates?"

huh...where have you seen this?

Ive seen that they MIGHT charge a small fee, but are looking into the possibilty of a corporate sponsor(like last year) or not doing it at all, since they know that 50% of their users dont own a CC.
They will still allow "basic" usage via XBOX Live or Sony Online free of charge. That most likely will entail the general lobby format, etc. However, it it rumored that if you want to get the roster updates and play in leagues, you will pay a fee. There was a promo to sign up for the EA/Madden premuim package "free" and win a dodge truck, etc. I believe it specified "free" until 8/05. What happens in 8/05 is most likely pay-to-play. It's just the way things are going. I expect XBOX Live to go 9.99 monthly (or something) when the new consoles drop versus $50 per year. Especially if they offer games strictly available on their servers via download. Cable companies like comcast are exploring On-Demand gaming for a monthly fee with a new "gaming box" as well. The industry is changing. Actually, Microsoft pioneered this with the $5 downloads for LINKS golf courses back in the day. What does EA have to lose. Most people will blindly pay it anyway, especially XBXO Live guys who have a CC anyway since you need one to get XBOX Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »