Home

For the record people.

This is a discussion on For the record people. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2005, 09:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: For the record people.

I for one will not buy an EA game. However, it would be inconcieveable to think T2 would not even try after all the new fans they pulled in. If they market the game right. People who know about T2 from espn 2k5 will try there game. It is the kids that it might miss. However, the age group from 18-30 will try it. I was one of those who sad I would never try Madden again after 2003 . Well I did try 2004 and hated it. So to say ppl won't try is a misconception. When 2k5 came out , I saw no reason to try Madden and still have not tried it because 2k5 is simply the best game I have ever played hands down.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:52 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

If I were T2, I would build a fantasy football game. By that I mean totally customizable, uniforms, stadiums, everything, then totally integrate it with Xbox Live. I'd set it up where you could have standard head to head play, manage only play, even offline play where you set your coaches tendancies and your opponent plays the game offline (would be good for those of us who can't get online as often as we'd like). Since they lost the NFL, I'd go in the other direction, and let the fans build the game they want, then let them take it online in a full fantasy league.

I have to admit it will be tough. Heck, I bought FIFA for years because I wanted a game with Newcastle United in it. Now that I have WE8, I'll never go back to FIFA, liscense or no. It can be done, but you need a solid game. I think T2 has it, now it's time to see what they do with it. Remember, there is a reason EA bought the NFL; they were starting to lose the console football game war. T2 should take that to heart and build a football game that people will be breaking down their doors to have.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:16 PM   #11
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

One correction. EA bught the NFL rights b/c the NFL offered and they had the money to do it. People can talk about how scared EA is all they want. It's about money. They have the money and were presented with an opportunity that they'd be stupid to pass up. Yeah, it screws us but they'll choose making money over screwing us any day of the week, and best believe T2 would've done the same if they could have. I guess then all the Madden fans would've said they were scared.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2005, 02:37 PM   #12
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
One correction. EA bught the NFL rights b/c the NFL offered and they had the money to do it. People can talk about how scared EA is all they want. It's about money. They have the money and were presented with an opportunity that they'd be stupid to pass up. Yeah, it screws us but they'll choose making money over screwing us any day of the week, and best believe T2 would've done the same if they could have. I guess then all the Madden fans would've said they were scared.
Thousands of other companies could have gone this route but chose not to in the interest of the fans and the industry. A prime example of this was in Professional Wrestling when the then WWF helped a small time ECW reach higher levels when they could have easily just bought them out at the first signs of competition. How much is enough for EA, already the leader in sales for software? Instead of challenging their developers and programmers to create a better product they went the easy way out and just threw down so cash, that my friend is weak.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:54 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreBly
Thousands of other companies could have gone this route but chose not to in the interest of the fans and the industry. A prime example of this was in Professional Wrestling when the then WWF helped a small time ECW reach higher levels when they could have easily just bought them out at the first signs of competition. How much is enough for EA, already the leader in sales for software? Instead of challenging their developers and programmers to create a better product they went the easy way out and just threw down so cash, that my friend is weak.
I agree with Dre...
EA did not HAVE TO buy the EXCLUSIVE rights. Even if they were offered the OPPORTUNITY! This was done for the SOLE purpose of squashing the competition...They didn't NEED exclusive rights to make a game...they needed exclusive rights to keep every one else from making a game!

It was about money though...They didn't want vc STEALING their customers...VC was taking over the football gaming industry and EA knew it!

It was a well orchestrated hit...just like the mafia...They eleminated the threat because they knew that VC was FINALLY going to overtake them in 2006!!!

PEACE!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:10 AM   #14
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMo
I agree with Dre...
EA did not HAVE TO buy the EXCLUSIVE rights. Even if they were offered the OPPORTUNITY! This was done for the SOLE purpose of squashing the competition...They didn't NEED exclusive rights to make a game...they needed exclusive rights to keep every one else from making a game!

It was about money though...They didn't want vc STEALING their customers...VC was taking over the football gaming industry and EA knew it!

It was a well orchestrated hit...just like the mafia...They eleminated the threat because they knew that VC was FINALLY going to overtake them in 2006!!!

PEACE!
Perhaps you feel EA should have simply sat by and watched while the NFL reached an exclusive deal with someone else?

The NFL made the decision that it was going to go with one video game company. EA had two choices, either be the high bidder or allow 15 years of building the Madden franchise to go up in smoke. How any rational person can say that what EA did was somehow wrong just boggles my mind.

Apparently, neither you or DreBly have the slightest idea of what life is like in the real world.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:39 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreBly
Yet the WWE does now onw ECW and WCW, so that was pretty much irrelevant to anything. And they helped them by stealing their ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2005, 10:56 AM   #16
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheroad
Yet the WWE does now onw ECW and WCW, so that was pretty much irrelevant to anything. And they helped them by stealing their ideas?
ECW went under well before WWE purchased its rights.
WWF did a lot for ECW compared to other peeps like WCW who were content with blowing it out of the water.
How WWF stealing ECWs storylines and hardcore style has anything to do with putting them under I have no idea. Its like saying there isnt a difference between Madden copying ESPN's play mechanices and scooping up the Exclusive NFL license.
If I'm EA I tell my programmers to get off their *** and make a game better then the one the guys at VC are coming out with...but no, a few of you believe you should just buy the other guy out and have everyone keep their mouths shut....shame on some of you. Say VC doesn't make another football game, some people therefore will out of jobs because of this. But i guess you guys know what its like in the real world so who cares? Right

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »