Home

For the record people.

This is a discussion on For the record people. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2005, 02:23 PM   #57
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: For the record people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It doesn't always, but usually it does. What's wrong w/people voicing their displeasure with the deal? No, Superman isn't going to reverse the Earth's rotation and we go back in time. We're doing nothing but discussing differing points of view. Some of us choose to look at this as it affects us, not the "great business move EA!" view that others are using. As someone else alluded to in another post, gaming is escapism. Yes, it's big business - for the people making money off it. Not the case with me, and I assume most people on these boards. Why wouldn't we feel the need to discuss an issue we're not happy about? If EA had lost the exclusive license, I'd damn sure expect a lot worse from Madden fans. But fans in general should just "deal with it"? C'mon.

I agree w/your Yankees/EA analogy; most would make the same connection. And why do many people hate the Yankees? Because they have more money than anyone else, and essentially try to buy a championship every year. That's why people have taken so much pleasure to them losing in the World Series to teams that have outworked them. As for rules... in the videogame world, the rules are there ain't no rules. So don't think it could be said EA's simply working within the rules, because there really aren't any. I also think people feel a general sadness that we're heading into an era where game development should be limitless, yet we're probably going to be more limited than ever in terms of choice. I just don't see why people should be expected to sit back, bend over and enjoy it.
I was the one that alluded to that. The type of logic you discuss I have also discussed and do agree with. It's funny that people read my posts as the same as anything negative about all of this. Some discuss sensibly about the happenings as you have and some have their heads in the clouds. All of my responses like the one you quoted are to those people. I won't even respond to BBMo b/c you're clearly one with your head in the clouds. My special friend? That's the best you could do. Even though you can't make an insult worth a chuckle I will say that coogrfan and I have had our share of debates b/c I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED THE 2K SERIES MORE THAN MADDEN. Anyone that's been here for even a short time knows that. But taking a realistic point of view gets some a little heated... and they are the ones that need to "Chill". I don't sympathize with EA and I do hate them as much as I hate the Yankees. But the intelligent thing to do (that some are and many aren't doing) would be to set aside personal feelings for any company or game and look at the happenings on an individual basis. Because someone has murdered before doesn't mean they've committed the murder in front of you. Because someone is black doesn't mean they are a criminal, because someone is gay doesn't mean they are a sexual predator, etc, etc, etc. I don't like the way EA has grown for many reasons and I don't like this deal for the future of any football game be it Madden, 2k6, or anything else. But the bottom line is it was a good business decision for them. Of course we can discuss how much it sucks for us but show me the posts that are doing that. All I see are posts claiming to know that EA did it because they were scared and/or so greedy and VC/T2 (who of course would never do this) will put together this super game in a few months b/c their hearts are with all of us. I personally choose to live in reality.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:31 PM   #58
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheroad
What people fail to understand, is that the only limits are in your own mind. There are plenty of tools that allow people to develop their own game. Instead of whinning and being pissed make your own game.
No offense but that's ********. Like 95% of us here have the time to do that(sarcasm). If I don't like the movies being produced in Hollywood, it doesn't mean I can just make my own.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:54 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
No offense but that's ********. Like 95% of us here have the time to do that(sarcasm). If I don't like the movies being produced in Hollywood, it doesn't mean I can just make my own.
Why not other people do it all the time. Look at what Mdickie has done with Wrestle Mpire. You seem to have a defeated attitude. Which is why most all you do is whine. Instead of whinning about games, get together with others and make your own game.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:15 PM   #60
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Agreed. Anyone that thinks they can make a game on their own is either delusional or a genius. If its that easy, why don't you make your own game and send everyone that wants a copy of it? I won't hold my breath in anticipation.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 4

No one said it was easy. Also no one said you should work alone. Mcdickie did all his games by himself. I choose to work with a team of people. Yet if you think it cannot be done before you start, guess what it will. Also you can feel free to keep complaining, and accept anything that gets pushed towards you. Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »