Home

EA owning the rights to football games

This is a discussion on EA owning the rights to football games within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: EA owning the rights to football games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank103
Yuor right the QB spy worked just as well as the pass interferance calls the ping pong running game the super human line backers etc. In 2k3 everyone was up in arms about super tackling dives, EA implements it and its worshiped
I will never understand.

Yes, the running game is better in ESPN and i agree that Madden has super-human LB's, but the glitches in ESPN are game killers, one's that the play testers should have found. Shoot, must of us found them in the first couple days we had the game.

And the LB's jumping ability in Madden is pretty bad, but on the other side of the fence, the players in ESPN have NO UPS at all! So, in that aspect, i think that point is a draw between the two games.

And i have to thank you for realizing QB Spy isn't in the game, i can't believe how many people put the blinders on and say that we just don't know how to use it!

But because of the fact that it doesn't work, QB's like Vinny Testeverde can run all over the place.

And don't get me started on the DB play, that's a whole nother animal.

It seems that 2K games has some pretty incompetent playtesters in their camp. Every single one of their games has some sort of glaring flaw, except NHL

NFL - broken QB Spy and illogical, franchise-killing, trades and ******** DB play
NBA - the CPU never calls TO's, but i heard there was a patch for it??
MLB - Pass Balls are way to common in the game and there's no difference between a gold glove infielder and a scrub.

If you don't believe me, take a look at these very forums. Every single "glitches" thread in the ESPN games are, on average, twice as long as their EA counterparts. I'm not saying EA doesn't have their flaws, formation shift fatigue problem, but it seems that many of them aren't game killers like the ESPN series. It's like 2K Games rushes their games without putting the finishing polish on it.

I feel sorry for MLB fans, since 2K Games is going to be the sole supplier for the games. But maybe it will work out for them because they won't have an NFL game to hurry out for release.

Don't get me wrong, i own ESPN, I play ESPN, I like ESPN, but i also realize that the game really fell dropped the ball as far as their playtesting is concerned.

Last edited by bangpow; 03-05-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2005, 10:04 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Yes, the running game is better in ESPN and i agree that Madden has super-human LB's, but the glitches in ESPN are game killers, one's that the play testers should have found. Shoot, must of us found them in the first couple days we had the game.
LOL but as someone said to me, I'd rather have superhuman backers that can tackle than b*tch backers who get sent back 4 yds just because you hit the Y button or fall all over the ground because of the right juke stick.

I like both games, but you know that really kills me for linebackers to get treated like ehhh nevermind. As someone pointed out to me earlier, go look at all the online leagues, why are Safety's leading the leagues in tackles in every league. That indicates a problem.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:25 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
LOL but as someone said to me, I'd rather have superhuman backers that can tackle than b*tch backers who get sent back 4 yds just because you hit the Y button or fall all over the ground because of the right juke stick.

I like both games, but you know that really kills me for linebackers to get treated like ehhh nevermind. As someone pointed out to me earlier, go look at all the online leagues, why are Safety's leading the leagues in tackles in every league. That indicates a problem.
Its not uncommon for safties to have high tackles. I notice that alot of people people play with 3 and 4 wr sets. So many times teams only play with one or two linebackers. I think 2k can still improve in this areA.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:27 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Its not uncommon for safties to have high tackles. I notice that alot of people people play with 3 and 4 wr sets. So many times teams only play with one or two linebackers. I think 2k can still improve in this areA.

Yeah, I'm just repeating what someone else said as I was running up and down the field on them LOL
Old 03-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2005, 02:36 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank103
Yuor right the QB spy worked just as well as the pass interferance calls the ping pong running game the super human line backers etc. In 2k3 everyone was up in arms about super tackling dives, EA implements it and its worshiped
I will never understand.
Don't forget the lack of responsiveness when controlling LB's in Madden. They offer the poorest lateral movement that I have seen. Very hard to chase a RB down with a LB...
Old 03-05-2005, 02:41 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
And the LB's jumping ability in Madden is pretty bad, but on the other side of the fence, the players in ESPN have NO UPS at all! So, in that aspect, i think that point is a draw between the two games.
Let's see....How many INT's in the real NFL did the TOP LB's get? How many had MAAAADDDD UP's? I think ESPN represents the LB position better. See NFL.com if you doubt me.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:55 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
Let's see....How many INT's in the real NFL did the TOP LB's get? How many had MAAAADDDD UP's? I think ESPN represents the LB position better. See NFL.com if you doubt me.

Both of them have problems at this position IMO. Tackle numbers are better in madden. ESPN has about the right amount of INT's. Madden A.I LB's diagnose plays quicker and drop to their zones when they are supposed too. And they have better closing speed. Madden linebackers get so many INT's because you can't even see them in the middle of the field and their leaping ability is too much. But at least they try to make a play on the ball. Neither game displays great lateral movement as the linebackers do not scrape in either game. NFL FEVER 2004 had that down pretty good (scraping). No force and flow logic in either game. I'd say they are about equal

Somewhere in between both games would be ideal with some added elements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »