Home

Looks like there will be a football game next year

This is a discussion on Looks like there will be a football game next year within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #17
MVP

EXboxur's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Looks like there will be a football game next year

Or they can do like I said before, and just include the most thorough in-game editor we've ever seen in a sports game. Heck, if you guys want to know what I'm talking about, go rent Winning Eleven 8 (soccer) and look at their in-game editor (kits, shorts, shoes, socks, team badge/colors, team sponsors on kit, name & numbering font/style, etc.); now imagine one 10 times better for 2K football. A stadium editor should be included as well, so you can at least edit the logo at the 50 and the endzones.

I know a lot of people will say "I'm not going to sit there and edit everything," but I can tell you from experience with Winning Eleven, that when enough people are into a sport like soccer or in this case football, OTHER people will do the work for you, and edit EVERYTHING. All YOU will have to do, is buy Action Replay, to load the edited teams and rosters in. Simple.

The only thing I hope is that you can play with edited rosters and teams online, so long as the stats are NOT edited. In NCAA Football, you could play with edited rosters online (NO STATS EDITED), so why couldn't they do that with the 2K series next year???
Old 03-07-2005, 06:06 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar
Sorry for posting an original idea instead of posting useless crap about bugs and inaccuracies. I guess I should have complained that EA has the NFL license. Would that have made this post more acceptable?

Apology accepted.

Seriously, your idea sounds a lot like what Midway wants to do with Blitz:Playmakers this year. A football/RPG hybrid if you will.

To follow a guy from high school, college and the pros would be interesting, I suppose. That kind of depth would take 2-3 years to put together though, so don't expect it anytime soon. The market is a bit uncertain for a game like that too. Too RPG for sports gamers? Too much sports for RPG gamers?

If sucessful, I could see Blitz:Playmakers develop over the years into a more indepth game like you mentioned.

I'm all for a generic 2K6 game myself. Bring on those custom options! I'm not going to put a lot of stock into some post by some guy who claims to be a Ubisoft employee, but maybe Take-Two/VC have some other idea we have yet to read about here? They may surprise us all by what they come up with.

Last edited by VCdolphin; 03-07-2005 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:05 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Like I said. Ubisoft is entering the market as they purchased the technology and code to the MS first party titles including FEVER. If they are entering sports gaming and planning on developing a football game, someone out there thinks that there is a market or niche market that can be had outside of EA's NFL game. Whether or not these games will be a success remains to be seen, but you can't fault them for trying IF they do try.
But doesnt EA own 25% of Ubisoft now? So in effect its EA competing with EA.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
I second that! I hope Blackceasar and Big Tim are listening...Not everyone is going to buy Madden just because they are the only NFL game in the market. I'd rather finally play all the other games I bought and tossed aside due to my ESPN 2K5 addiction!!!
True. Not EVERYONE will be purchasing Madden just because they are the only game with the NFL license. However, I will say that MORE people will be purchasing Madden this year as opposed to any other year, when compared with the titles that were being introduced along with Sega NFL2k. Since Take Two will not be producing a title this year, I guarantee that this will be Madden's most lucrative year to date. Unfortunately, I will be a part of their success since I will be purchasing it this year. If I got used to eating steak for the past six years, and all of a sudden my choice is a hamburger or nothing, I will take the hamburger. Hunger for a new title year after year will ALWAYS be top priority.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:26 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know I'll be buying madden... for the first time since SuperNes days

I've been playing my friends copy of 2005 trying to get used to it.

But I can't wait to see what VC has up their sleeve...
If it's cool it will be bought as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
If I got used to eating steak for the past six years, and all of a sudden my choice is a hamburger or nothing, I will take the hamburger. Hunger for a new title year after year will ALWAYS be top priority.

We'll, I'm still holding out... Maybe someone simply overlooked a nice medium-well 16 oz. porterhouse in the kitchen that could be the non-licensed 2k football game.

I hope this story is true and there will be an alternative to Madden. Just let me have virtually limitless colors to customize my team (NOT TO EMULATE THE NFL [but if you want to that's OK], but so I'm not stuck with brown-and-chartruese uniforms!)
Old 03-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #23
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgamer
Ea owns 20% and ubisoft and the french goverment are trying to stop them from being partners at all.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgamer
Ubi re-shuffled things so now EA dosent own voting rights anymore... I think they went from 20% voting rights to 18%... which isn't enough to vote on company decisions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »