Home

The ESPN NFL 2K5 To MADDEN 2006 Community Project.

This is a discussion on The ESPN NFL 2K5 To MADDEN 2006 Community Project. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2005, 03:02 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: The ESPN NFL 2K5 To MADDEN 2006 Community Project.

In one season with the Raiders I lost. Gannon, Collins, Wheatley, Rice, Sapp, and Derrick Gibson. All were out for 6 games or more. Gannon Played 2 games with Collins playing 4. I had Tui at qb for 10 games.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Alright, screw it!

It's quite obvious that there are way too many people on here so emotionally attached to their beloved ESPN that the thread went in the wrong direction and, once again, turned into a counter-productive flame war.

So, if anyone would like to add to the list and provide some input, feel free to do it here:

http://www.consolefootball.com/modul...ic&p=5413#5413

The thread will be moderated so that the flame war does not continue and people that actually care about their football gaming experience for the next 5 years will be heard.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #19
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
I guess it would be asking too much to expect some people to act like adults and deal with the hand that's dealt to them.

Hmm, so the only hand dealt to me is to hear Quiet and Bang tell me I should play and comment on Madden in an ESPN forum. I see.. well when I want to loan constructive criticism to Madden I think I'll wander on over to the Madden forum. Is that a tough concept to grasp Bang? or are you gonna link another EA-lover website for us laugh at?

go back to Maddenville
Old 03-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #20
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

There will be no drastic changes for madden 2006 since the new systems will be coming out soon. There not going to waste there time especially when they have tha nfl license now. If any major changes it would be for when madden hits the new systems. I advise peeps to save their money untill we see how madden will look on the new systems.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:04 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
Hmm, so the only hand dealt to me is to hear Quiet and Bang tell me I should play and comment on Madden in an ESPN forum. I see.. well when I want to loan constructive criticism to Madden I think I'll wander on over to the Madden forum. Is that a tough concept to grasp Bang? or are you gonna link another EA-lover website for us laugh at?

go back to Maddenville

edit:

It's not worth it.

Last edited by bangpow; 03-14-2005 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #22
MVP

Actually, the point was to have people from outside the Madden box throw out some ideas. We figured that maybe through all the ESPN fanboys on this site that there are a few of you guys out there that don't like the deal, but understand the fact that there's nothing we can do about it.

Sure, not buying Madden is one thing, but what happens when you mastered ESPN 2K5 and it gets boring?? Are you not gonna buy a pro game??
Old 03-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #23
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Actually, the point was to have people from outside the Madden box throw out some ideas. We figured that maybe through all the ESPN fanboys on this site that there are a few of you guys out there that don't like the deal, but understand the fact that there's nothing we can do about it.

Sure, not buying Madden is one thing, but what happens when you mastered ESPN 2K5 and it gets boring?? Are you not gonna buy a pro game??
You know what guys? I understand why you're doing what you're doing, and I'm cool with that, because right now Madden will be the only NFL game in town for the next 5 years, and it would be nice if we all put our heads together to give EA some ideas to improve the game, but I do have one problem with the whole idea thing...EA doesn't listen to it's consumers, which is why a lot of people switched to the 2K series in the first place. So it really would seem like a moot point to make any suggestions that will fall on deaf ears. Now I'm not bashing EA/Madden, so please fellas don't turn my comments as into a roaring flame. I for one reacted in a very negative way when the whole EA/NFL deal hit, but now I have mellowed because there's not a damn thing I can do about it. All I do know is that I prefer the 2k series, but I'm more than willing to give Madden a chance, IF they are willing to really listen to us. So the question I have Bang and Quiet is how much will EA listen to us? Now I know they can't get everything in, but a least give some effort. Peace.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:38 PM   #24
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
forget about the complainers, quietcool... Don't forget my ideas above! Although I haven't bought Madden in a couple of years in favor of ESPN, if they make sufficient improvements, I'll buy it.

.. If it were up to me, I'd just have a videogame football forum like it used to be, and not split up into "camps." But, with flamewars and all...
Oh, trust me gooberstabone, I liked your responses. As a matter of fact, I started this post over at me and Bangpow's site. Its okay though- the funny thing is when you go about this stuff objectively (or try to) you end up getting hated by all sides.

A certain site (with "mania" in the title) has banned Bangpow for talking about the good things about ESPN NFL 2K5 when it came out to get the Madden camp to try it out. And here, the ESPN fanboys hate us too. You can never win. There's just so much polarization. I just recognize that there's video game companies and I talk about the merits/dismerits of their products. I'm hopeful with every release.

We cater to a different crowd. Perhaps a bit more objective. We want all the games to improve. OS is a great site, but its evident that the jilted ESPN fanboys have taken over the majority of the forums.

What they don't get is that we are ESPN NFL 2K5 fans too, but we don't advertise run around saying it was perfect or a world-beater.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »