Home

The ESPN NFL 2K5 To MADDEN 2006 Community Project.

This is a discussion on The ESPN NFL 2K5 To MADDEN 2006 Community Project. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2005, 04:47 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: The ESPN NFL 2K5 To MADDEN 2006 Community Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
So the question I have Bang and Quiet is how much will EA listen to us? Now I know they can't get everything in, but a least give some effort. Peace.
I honestly can't answer that. Actually, there might be a better answer to that once all the new features start leaking out about the new Madden. The Wishlist project that a bunch of sites worked on had a bunch of great ideas and were submitted to EA.

So, we will see what exactly they used and what they didn't.

But i would rather have a sounding board for ESPN fans to give construtive ideas as to how to improve Madden then a bunch of flame wars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2005, 05:01 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

I understood where quiet and bangpow were coming from. They're looking for ESPN players who are willing to try Madden if they want to play NFL football. Where else would they put this thread. People got a little defensive and thought it was a ESPN vs. Madden thing. But it really isn't.

I for one fall in the category of someone who likes to look at other options and not just "what-everybody-else-likes/is-most-popular" which is why I played Gameday back in the day, and now ESPN.

If ESPN, without a license, incorporates more (and it will have to be MUCH more) of the things that I want in a simulation football game than Madden, I'll buy it. But if Madden does, I'll buy it.

They've already (Madden) lost me on the graphics, so they better revamp those...
Old 03-14-2005, 05:16 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

build a new engine from scratch
if that's not done then all this other features (aka crap) is useless
Old 03-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #28
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
I honestly can't answer that. Actually, there might be a better answer to that once all the new features start leaking out about the new Madden. The Wishlist project that a bunch of sites worked on had a bunch of great ideas and were submitted to EA.

So, we will see what exactly they used and what they didn't.

But i would rather have a sounding board for ESPN fans to give construtive ideas as to how to improve Madden then a bunch of flame wars.
Good stuff. It took some bravery for you to post that here anyway.lol.

But we have to get past the hatred and move on. So for me, I won't give any ideas, I'm just going to wait until August/Sept to see what they present...and go form there.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:28 PM   #29
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon14 Re: The ESPN NFL 2K5 To MADDEN 2006 Community Project.

How about everyone buy Winning Eleven 2K6 football. Because thats what there going to do and you don't like it you can kiss my (I don't know something, I get back with you.]
Old 03-14-2005, 05:32 PM   #30
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
So, you won't play any pro game instead??

Sounds like fun.

Uhhhhh . . . no. I will be playing the Take 2 Professional football game. It's not going to be endorsed by the NFL, but it will indeed be a game based on PRO football.

And even if the T2 game didn't come out, I wouldn't waste money on EA's uninspired title. There are so many other great games out there.

Quite frankly, the 2K Sports online games are incredibly addicting when done with gamers who participate. I would just move on to online leagues in hockey, baseball, or basketball. I don't want to even attempt to endorse or deal with a mediocre football product, which is what Madden 2006 will likely be on my PS2 (if you don't think that the main focus is going to be the XBOX 2 game, then you are nuts!).

Now, this isn't "hate" or whatever, heck, it's just a video game. It's just that as a consumer, I will not reward a mediocre product with $50 of my hard-earned money. EA has managed to slowly convert me from a 100% Madden die-hard fanboy into some one who views their products with great cynicism.

No one else aside from 2K Sports has online leagues of any kind of quality. I'm sticking with them until an alternative arises.

Last edited by Dondadda; 03-14-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:35 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

well to be honest, it's too late for their input for Madden 2006 on PS2 and Xbox. But on the next Xbox that's a different story. The lists seem like they are taylored for the current engine. We do not know what the new engine will be like, although they are currently capturing animations and what not for it. In the end guys, if folks don't want to buy it, it's their right not to buy it. Let them be. Even if some of the reasoning is simply based on pure hatred, let them be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2005, 05:48 PM   #32
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
well to be honest, it's too late for their input for Madden 2006 on PS2 and Xbox. But on the next Xbox that's a different story. The lists seem like they are taylored for the current engine. We do not know what the new engine will be like, although they are currently capturing animations and what not for it. In the end guys, if folks don't want to buy it, it's their right not to buy it. Let them be. Even if some of the reasoning is simply based on pure hatred, let them be.

Okay LB, does that mean for the the PS2 and Xbox for this year we will probally se more of the same?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »