Home

The ESPN NFL 2K5 To MADDEN 2006 Community Project.

This is a discussion on The ESPN NFL 2K5 To MADDEN 2006 Community Project. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #57
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The ESPN NFL 2K5 To MADDEN 2006 Community Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
There will be no drastic changes for madden 2006 since the new systems will be coming out soon. There not going to waste there time especially when they have tha nfl license now. If any major changes it would be for when madden hits the new systems. I advise peeps to save their money untill we see how madden will look on the new systems.
That's pretty much the stance I'm taking,I know Madden won't change in the areas of gameplay(which is why I don't like it)on the current generation of systems,so I'm hoping EA takes a good hard look at what 2k did with they're football game and start from the ground up and build a new game in terms of gameplay.All of the options EA puts into they're game is cool,but on the field of play is were the game will win people over.Although I prefer 2k games right now I have no problems buying Madden if it's the better game of the two.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:21 AM   #58
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Then I will be a hypocrite to you...............and you will be naive to me, and EA "did that to you."
So big, bad EA forced the poor, powerless National Football League into going along with this?

Yeah, I'm the naive one here.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:45 AM   #59
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

to be fair if you look at the 2k sports line none but the baseball game has gotten a new engine. NBA 2k series has pretty much been the same game since it was NBA Action 98 on the Saturn. The hockey game runs pretty much the same engine since NHL 2k on the Dreamcast. The biggest changes to me have been the Graphics upgrade VC has obviously spent time on and the Gameplay mechanics.

EA for whatever reason started off on the wrong foot with its player models for Madden and its sports games when moving to the PS2 and didn't want to take a step back and reorganize and try a different path, probably cause they were selling so why change. The player models in NFL 2k series have changed dramatically in the 4-5 years since NFL 2k on the dreamcast. Same game engine but drastically different visuals while Madden stayed pact.

I just don't see why EA would change a top selling game for hardcore-sim-sports-board-posting-geeks. NO WAY are they gonna change the gameplay mechanics that have been a staple of the series since Madden 92. Drop back 20 yards with your qb and throw a strike to your wide out (okay maybe its not that bad anymore that was just last year and the year before that and ......).
Old 03-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
NBA 2k series has pretty much been the same game since it was NBA Action 98 on the Saturn.
If you can find 1 other person that agrees with that statement on this planet or any other planet in the solar system. Ill call you master.

other than that your game reviews hold no weight. Everyone is intitled an opinion but if you really believe that statement............................
Old 03-21-2005, 12:46 PM   #61
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

lol, I was thinking the same thing. NBA has changed A LOT on even a year to year basis. Football has actually changed quite a bit too, especially from 2k3 to 2k4 but if you look from 2k to 2k5 I'd say the games really barely even play the same.

I agree with the last paragraph though. I'm happy with games that come closer to my needs but I accept that I'm in the minority. One of the great things about this site is that many of us here want the same things in our games but we're still the minority. Not enough people want to accept that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2005, 06:51 PM   #62
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
If you can find 1 other person that agrees with that statement on this planet or any other planet in the solar system. Ill call you master.

other than that your game reviews hold no weight. Everyone is intitled an opinion but if you really believe that statement............................
I put up a link to NBA Action 98 on the espn basketball forum, its a demo vor the pc and you tell other than the graphics what has changed. Obviously you have not played the series since the beginning. Its the exat same engine just better graphics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »