Home

The NFL got owned

This is a discussion on The NFL got owned within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2005, 05:32 PM   #57
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The NFL got owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheroad
You ask why I do it? The easy answer is because i can.

End of Line.
mod comes home - logs on - reads - irony.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:31 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
There are some around here that deserve that treatment but I don't see how you figured this guy is one of them.
Thanks man. '93 was when I first got a SNES and first played Madden. NHL 93 was awsome, but I have to say that my favorite sports game of that time was NBA Jam. Man I loved that game. Funny, 'caus I don't enjoy the Street games etc... But times have changed.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:00 PM   #59
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheroad
You ask why I do it? The easy answer is because i can. The hard answer would be, if you are going to post something. Also be ready to back it up with facts.

End of Line.
Back it up with facts? You've been talking out of your *** the whole time. If you are here just to annoy people because you can, the mods can take care of trolls like you.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:52 PM   #60
MVP

Radja's Arena

ea really is not looking good right now. last week they dropped quarterly estimates by at least $150 mil now this. if they lose investors, they will be the owned one in this whole deal. you cant pay for licenses if you dont have the money.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03...s_6121194.html
Old 03-29-2005, 06:04 AM   #61
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
ea really is not looking good right now. last week they dropped quarterly estimates by at least $150 mil now this. if they lose investors, they will be the owned one in this whole deal. you cant pay for licenses if you dont have the money.
But as the article alludes to, one of the reasons they didn't make as much money was the competition. Madden didn't make nearly as much because of 2K5 selling so many copies and that Madden had to drop its price by $20. They won't have to do that next year so they might be hurting now but the exclusivety will benefit football for them next year despite the amount they paid.

However, if they have to throw all of their MVP baseball sales out the window, that will certainly hurt as well. Wouldn't it be nice if both TT and EA just agreed to share the football and baseball licences? I know that their is little to no chance of that but I do think EA would be smart to do it to avoid losing baseball. If they included a clause that said TT couldn't release their football title before Madden and had to sell it at the same price as Madden, I don't think they would really lose much market share. Keeping baseball going would also be a strong benefit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2005, 09:54 AM   #62
MVP

Radja's Arena

i understand what you are saying, but i think this article is more indicitive of EA in general rather than simply the EASports division.

they lost money dropping their sports prices down, their titles in other areas were hurt by better competition like halo and GTA and all of this is most likely before they need to shell out the bulk of the money for the NFL license.

if the lawsuit goes through and they lose, they may lose a few of the investors that keep them going. when your stock drops over $10 in one week and then you get news of an investor lawsuit, you have some poo-poo to clean up.

half the analysts feel jump ship and the other think this is the low point for ea stock so buy now. all this may mean there will not be an ea/ncaa exclusive license announcement anytime soon. at least not until some stability is shown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »