Home

D.I.C.E. Best sports game

This is a discussion on D.I.C.E. Best sports game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2005, 11:54 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
D.I.C.E. Best sports game

I was watching Screen Savers on G4TV, and ESPN2K5 NFL got the best sports game award from the developers(could have been sympathy). But, what was funny is the reporters statement about how when the award was announced the audience(their peers) got up and cheered and then realized the EA was there the mood changed, you can hear a pin drop.

That was funny as hell too me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: D.I.C.E. Best sports game

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I was watching Screen Savers on G4TV, and ESPN2K5 NFL got the best sports game award from the developers(could have been sympathy). But, what was funny is the reporters statement about how when the award was announced the audience(their peers) got up and cheered and then realized the EA was there the mood changed, you can hear a pin drop.

I missed that. When I turned to G4 they were showing footage of the game... Ironically, I thought it was Madden for a sec.

Anyway, what do you mean they realized EA was there?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
Anyway, what do you mean they realized EA was there?
From what I gather, they got caught up in the moment because it was the last ride for NFL2K5, thats why I put the sympahty vote in parenthesis(sp?) and then they realize EA was there and buying up every body and got quiet.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:32 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
From what I gather, they got caught up in the moment because it was the last ride for NFL2K5, thats why I put the sympahty vote in parenthesis(sp?) and then they realize EA was there and buying up every body and got quiet.
I wish I woulda seen it. If it was sympathy, a fat lotta good it does now! It still puzzles me that year after year developers and reviewers give big props to the 2k series, yet when it comes to sales, it gets destroyed every year. This year they made inroads, but, it seems all for naught.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:01 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

well, few people have seen most of the academy award winning movies and in many cases i really wasn't feeling the ones i have seen (similar to how some madden fans feel about the 2k style). awards really don't mean much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2005, 02:12 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
well, few people have seen most of the academy award winning movies and in many cases i really wasn't feeling the ones i have seen (similar to how some madden fans feel about the 2k style). awards really don't mean much.
So true, I just found it funny, the way the reporter made the statements. And I had to throw the ESPN guys a bone since they are suffering. Awards mean everything too me when I win and nothing when someone elses win. Call me selfish but I'm a front runner...lol
Old 03-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #7
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Well not to start any flames or anything this reminds me of when a kid shows up at the playground court and everybody knows he really doesn't have any game but it is his ball so either he gets to play or he leaves and takes the ball with him...kinda sad if you ask me...but it is his ball.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 03-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #8
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
So true, I just found it funny, the way the reporter made the statements. And I had to throw the ESPN guys a bone since they are suffering. Awards mean everything too me when I win and nothing when someone elses win. Call me selfish but I'm a front runner...lol
i hear you... was just responding to goober's post.

rickster, i hear you too but i think this thought process is a little different. it's more like you know it's not important to begin with but you make it more important in your head when you win. your example would be more the other way around. i think all the threads around here show that this is definitely a case of things involving 2k5 being more important to us than the rest of the world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »