Home

The AGRESSION rating.....the most important rating in the game??

This is a discussion on The AGRESSION rating.....the most important rating in the game?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
The AGRESSION rating.....the most important rating in the game??

I played a few games this week of NFL2K5 again(grounded for Spring Break ) and I did some dramatic rating tweaks, just seeing how good everything works in the game. It's amazing because there have only been a few games(WE and NBA ID) that comes close to the depth of ratings that this game has and how they interact with each other

The agression rating really stood out tho. We all know what it can do for DB's and how that makes DB AI 80% better, however it may have a greater effect on the offensive linemen. It makes sense. At the depth chart, look at the OL positions. The ratings that are underneath there picture: Run blocking, Pass Blocking, and AGRESSION. Problem is most OL have aggression ratings that are really, really low(I'm talking about 12's and 5's for top tier Offensive Linemen). So I increased the aggression rating to all above 80 for the Vikes OL.

Playing 10 minute quarters, Melwede Moore had 17 car. for 94 yards in the first half and finished with 36 carries for 177 yards in the game. The OL played so much better, you didn't get the stupidity that they normally have. You couldn't overpower them with charge D-Line moves. They pulled and trapped better. You could even blitz better because they would get there man leaving blitz lanes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2005, 12:51 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: The AGRESSION rating.....the most important rating in the game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I played a few games this week of NFL2K5 again(grounded for Spring Break ) and I did some dramatic rating tweaks, just seeing how good everything works in the game. It's amazing because there have only been a few games(WE and NBA ID) that comes close to the depth of ratings that this game has and how they interact with each other

The agression rating really stood out tho. We all know what it can do for DB's and how that makes DB AI 80% better, however it may have a greater effect on the offensive linemen. It makes sense. At the depth chart, look at the OL positions. The ratings that are underneath there picture: Run blocking, Pass Blocking, and AGRESSION. Problem is most OL have aggression ratings that are really, really low(I'm talking about 12's and 5's for top tier Offensive Linemen). So I increased the aggression rating to all above 80 for the Vikes OL.

Playing 10 minute quarters, Melwede Moore had 17 car. for 94 yards in the first half and finished with 36 carries for 177 yards in the game. The OL played so much better, you didn't get the stupidity that they normally have. You couldn't overpower them with charge D-Line moves. They pulled and trapped better. You could even blitz better because they would get there man leaving blitz lanes.

Well to get a realistic game you should increase aggression for Defensive linemen above 80's too.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Well to get a realistic game you should increase aggression for Defensive linemen above 80's too.

Amen...
Old 04-02-2005, 02:08 PM   #4
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
You wouldn't need to, most of them already have aggression ratings above 80.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Rocky,

Heres a thread that is full of exhaustive research regarding aggressiveness and other attributes...

click: Aggressiveness = Bad animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Rocky,

Heres a thread that is full of exhaustive research regarding aggressiveness and other attributes...

click: Aggressiveness = Bad animations.
Well yeah, I knew there was a thread like that since I posted in it lol.

But this focuses more on O-Line play more than anything.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Well yeah, I knew there was a thread like that since I posted in it lol.
lol! My bad.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

Thanks for the info Rocky, and thx for the link to the thread Kanobi. I hadn't played the game in a while, and hadn't made any edits to the player ratings. I went through and edited a couple teams, played a couple games... and found myself in love all over again. I'll be purchasing an Action Replay this week for sure. Can't believe I missed out on all the work people were putting in w/the game. Thx again for the info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »