Home

Whats stopping them(VC) Now

This is a discussion on Whats stopping them(VC) Now within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #9
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Whats stopping them(VC) Now

I hope that all the writers coem back from E3 with great stories about the darkhorse football game.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADW
Ubisoft also made a run at the NFL license that was eventually awarded to EA.
You mean the one EA PURCHASED legally, yeah.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
Whats stopping VC are the people who wants to score 50 pts a game and play 2 man everyplay on defense. too much sim = no cheesers to sell game to
You see, I only posed the question because 2K is going to have to find a place for themselves in the market place as football is concerned. EA, has the market share covered 100%(college and pro). So, if EA has the market cornered, other companies who venture into the football realm(professionally) will have to consider that their market share will be miniscule at best.

Let this soak in, VC as far as football is concerned isn't a challenge to EA. Their competitors now are Midway and Ubisoft, and we see the direction midway is going. Ubisoft is taking the leap via NFL Fever engine, it is apparent to me that they have studied the market and see an opportunity to make a profit.

2K, Midway and Ubisoft are large software companies and all are trying to get that small market of hardcore and or alternative gamers. I'm sure they read message boards, and have surveys all the time about games and who purchases them.

2K has a solid core gameplay engine, the features are cool. Now the imagination must come into play on how to inflitrate the market with a game that people want to play. Do I want to play Blitz the league, or do I want to play a sim game with some elements of blitz the league i.e. suspension, drugs arrest ect...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 11:21 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
Whats stopping VC are the people who wants to score 50 pts a game and play 2 man everyplay on defense. too much sim = no cheesers to sell game to
If you're referring to Madden, which I suspect you are, play me online sometime and you won't score 50 points on me. You'll be lucky to get 14.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:03 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
If you're referring to Madden, which I suspect you are, play me online sometime and you won't score 50 points on me. You'll be lucky to get 14.
He's not referring to madden, he's actually referring to ESPN online. Most people are scared to death to run anything else other than 2 Man on D because of the bad DB coverage. Yet they run no huddle all day on offense, using stupid subs and having guys shine out of position. Brian Westbrook at TE Steve Smith and Mushin Muhammed as kick returners, Stephen Davis as TE, Steve McNair as kicker, it gets so damn old man. That same old stuff that madden used to have, lined up 4 WR, run no huddle, audible down to Jokers ect.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:55 PM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Steve Smith does return kicks, lol. It's also funny that Odogg comes to the defense of Madden but actually acknowledges that those things are problems with the series b/c no one even brought it up.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:38 PM   #15
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Steve Smith does return kicks, lol. It's also funny that Odogg comes to the defense of Madden but actually acknowledges that those things are problems with the series b/c no one even brought it up.
LMBAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2005, 05:58 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton

Yeah he does, but it's still outta hand with the other guys. I played this one Ravens guy, he put Edgerton Hartwell in as the damn NT and Hartwell actually dominated the Center almost every play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »