Home

Since it's inevitable Take2 is coming out with a football game let's try naming it!

This is a discussion on Since it's inevitable Take2 is coming out with a football game let's try naming it! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2005, 09:20 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Since it's inevitable Take2 is coming out with a football game let's try naming it!

Despite the title of this thread, I would think this game is just for giggles because I don't think there will be a game. Sure does suck though. Hey, but on a lighter note, those True ads sure are nice to look at! I prefer the tan button down cleavage myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2005, 10:52 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Since it's inevitable Take2 is coming out with a football game let's try naming it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
Nice work Vader, or whoever came up with that North American Football League title.
Thanks VC. However, I cannot take credit for the title, 'North American Football League 2k7'. Another poster around here came up with that one. I can take credit for the names and structure of the divisions and playoff games though.

With regards to the 'Fox Sports Professional Football': my biggest fear with that is Take Two would just be replacing the NFL's ridiculous restrictions, with Fox Sports' restrictions. Now that Take Two is FREE to do whatever title they want, with as many features as they want, and most importantly, all the cut-scenes that they want, it would not make sense to employ Fox Sports for their name, just to have them start dictating to Take Two things like, 'Well, you can't have late hits in the game because we don't want Fox Sports associated with such brutality.'

See what I mean?
Old 05-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #27
Banned

How about Take Two REALLY slam the NFL and call it:

MFL2k7: Mega Fun League 2007 You know, as opoosed to the current 'No Fun League'.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #28
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

"Madden Can Eat My Shorts Football"
Old 05-04-2005, 02:03 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
Thanks VC. However, I cannot take credit for the title, 'North American Football League 2k7'. Another poster around here came up with that one. I can take credit for the names and structure of the divisions and playoff games though.

With regards to the 'Fox Sports Professional Football': my biggest fear with that is Take Two would just be replacing the NFL's ridiculous restrictions, with Fox Sports' restrictions. Now that Take Two is FREE to do whatever title they want, with as many features as they want, and most importantly, all the cut-scenes that they want, it would not make sense to employ Fox Sports for their name, just to have them start dictating to Take Two things like, 'Well, you can't have late hits in the game because we don't want Fox Sports associated with such brutality.'

See what I mean?

A factor I hadn't given much thought to. I don't want VC to try and compete with Blitz for over-the-top hits and such, just add very realistic elements like drug testing/steroids, player arrests/suspensions for DUI/spousal abuse, motorcycle accidents (Winslow anyone?) and other factors that are very real in NFL teams making drafting decisions or whether to keep certain players or not.

The hypocrisy of Fox Sports lovingly reporting every detail of above events, and yet refusing to allow them in a game with its name on the cover? Laughable. I don't know if Fox Sports would really care that much, as long as things are not too over the top. Players plotting the murder of pregnant wives would be going too far for example.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:09 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
A factor I hadn't given much thought to. I don't want VC to try and compete with Blitz for over-the-top hits and such, just add very realistic elements like drug testing/steroids, player arrests/suspensions for DUI/spousal abuse, motorcycle accidents (Winslow anyone?) and other factors that are very real in NFL teams making drafting decisions or whether to keep certain players or not.
Agreed. I am not hopeful that Take Two makes a Blitz-esque title. I don't want crap in the game like players grabbing each other by the foot and arm and swinging them around and throwing them for a tackle animation. Or crap like flame coming off the football. Or even crap where you go into a Mortal Combat fight mode when a player challenges you right there on the field. I am talking real stuff like having your CPU opponent get frustrated because you are kicking his a$$ so he gives you a forearm to the head after the whistle. You then would have the FREEDOM to choose how you respond. If the game happened to be close, then you would be more apt to keep your cool, let the Ref throw the flag and take the benefit of the penalty. But if you are whooping him by 21 points and there is only :37 seconds left, you could now choose to respond by knocking his dick in the dirt!

I'm with you about the off the field activities too. Let's say it is Draft Day and according to the news reports, Tyronne Quanishie should be your first round pick. However, you get an email from your coaching staff that says, 'He is constantly in trouble. We should not draft him because he is going to be more trouble than he is worth.' You now have the decision of going with the fans/Draft Experts point of view, or, keeping your coaching staff happy. Things like this would really add an interactive human element to the game.

Quote:
Players plotting the murder of pregnant wives would be going too far for example.
I agree here too. That is starting to get into Crap Territory. I do however think things like this should be included:

• Player refusing to join mini-camp.
• Player failing the drug test.
• Player failing the steroid test.
• Player holding out for more money and sitting games out until you blast his a$$, give him the money, or go to the negotiation table.
• Player getting in an argument/altercation with a star player. (T.O vs. McNabb)
• Player getting busted for D.U.I.
• Player getting caught betting on the game.
• Player getting caught doing an activity that is forbidden by his contract with your team–like sky diving or motorcycle riding.
• Player demanding a trade.
• Player getting injured too often.
• Player getting in an altercation with you, the owner/coach.

These are just some of the things that DO occur in the NFL but are ignored when it comes time to create an NFL Video Game Title.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:13 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

They should name it the WFL ( 1970's World Football League), USFL (1980's US Football League) or the XFL ( 2002's Vince McMahon Disaster). They are al defunct leagues for a defunct game.

Here's many other names you can use at this link:

http://logoserver.com/Football.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2005, 08:33 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny
Let's face it, companies smaller than Take 2 and less succsessful in the sports market are attempting to make a non licensed football game, what makes you think that a company that brought us the ground breaking Grand Theft Auto series and the highly acclaimed 2K football series won't at least try to do the same with football (make it ground breaking that is)? They did not buy VC and there football engine to heel over and kneel to EA PORTS, and I'm sure they had the inside information long before we found out they were going to be locked out of the NFL license; therefore I'm sure they have been working on this for alot longer than we think. I would'nt even be surprised to find out that, that contest that they were doing last year with us sending in our ideas on how to improve the series, had to do with the fact they knew they weren't going to have the NFL license and knew they were going to have to think differently and give us the ultimate peoples choice football game. Makes sense don't it?! Anyways back to the topic, since Take 2's football game can no longer have ESPN or NFL in it's title I thought it would be fun to try and make our own name for it. Sony's football title Road To Sunday is a good example,and a pretty cool name if you ask me,but I think if we put our creative juices together we can come up with something just as good or better maybe combine differnt names into one to make the perfect name for our beloved 2K series.My rough name ideas are Masters Of The Gridiron 2K6, Ultimate Football 2K6, and GM Football 2K6. Please feel free to add or improve my names and come up with your own!
Wow and you would think the wishful thinking and dellusions would have went away by now. Just because in YOUR mind you think Take Two could make a game doesnt mean they will. There are things they have factored in that you havent begun to think of in as detail as they have because you arent on the board or the CEO or whatever there. It just saddens me to see that there are still people out there that are going to get hit with and UGLY dose of reality. For some of these people it will be like finding out for the fist time when you were a child that Santa Clause isnt real.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »