Home

The Unveiling

This is a discussion on The Unveiling within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: The Unveiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the North American Football League(NaFL)2K6.

NaFL2k6 will feature 32 teams based on the current NFL cities.

Stay tuned as we unveil more features and get more in depth about features already released.
I like it! 'The North American Football League 2k6' sounds GREAT!! Though, you realize that it will have to be 2k7 right? There will be no title this year.

Anyway, I will play along to. backbreaker, can you disclose whether or not NAFL2k7 will have the long-awaited 'Switch-To-Blocker' feature that old NFL2kers have been waiting for? How about post-play player control? Will we now have the freedom to clock someone that clearly gave one of our teammates a shot after the whistle?
Old 05-03-2005, 09:37 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

That is not nice! For a second I thought we had something there.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:50 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
I like it! 'The North American Football League 2k6' sounds GREAT!! Though, you realize that it will have to be 2k7 right? There will be no title this year.

Anyway, I will play along to. backbreaker, can you disclose whether or not NAFL2k7 will have the long-awaited 'Switch-To-Blocker' feature that old NFL2kers have been waiting for? How about post-play player control? Will we now have the freedom to clock someone that clearly gave one of our teammates a shot after the whistle?

'Switch-To-Blocker'

Sounds intriguing, will have to toss it around with the production team and see if there is enough developement time to implement this feature. I can see devastating blocks to clear the path of the runner.

NaFL2K7, will allow for a little extracurricular activity, but nothing over the top. This leads me to the next feature which is personality types. Players will hold grudges against other players and teams or its management. These grudges and or beefs can be over a game, season, or carreer, also retaliatory actions can come in the form of airing out the laundry to the press or handling it on the field. The players can stop the beefs, by extended an olive branch of friendship.

We do have all new taunts and celebrations all based on personality types. We have the Barry Sanders and Larry Fitzgerald's types(play does the talking) and we have Ray Lewis and Terrell Owens types(mouth and play does the talking).

We have went one step further digging into our other franchises. We call this our "SCOUTING PROJECT" you will be able to take players from our College Hoops game and our NBA game and try to convert them into a NaFL2K7 Players at whatever position you have in mind. You will have to develope the bball player through attribute building drills.

Show them our motto "YOU CAN'T COACH THAT"

Last edited by backbreaker; 05-03-2005 at 11:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
That is not nice! For a second I thought we had something there.

Don't worry man, we play in the biggest nation here on the ESPN board and thats the "IMAGI NATION.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:56 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

It's fun to play!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:54 PM   #14
Banned

As we creep slowly to E3, another featured is leaked through viral marketing. The link escapes me at the moment, but I'm sure it will be back up soon. The feature is called "Competitive Training Camp" what, whatever do you mean. We are all familiar with the way the great madden series handles training camp, well we've taken that process and merge it with your tried and true track and field olympic games. You will compete directly with your competitor in a button mashing adrenaline pumping 40yds dash. Strenght training i.e. like Carl in GTA San Andreas, Right Stick Agility drills design to get you out of those tough situation, chaining moves as directed by the CPU(think simon sez) and then trying to use those same moves in a Controlled environment to build up your attributes.

Show them Our Motto: "YOU CAN'T COACH THAT"
Old 05-04-2005, 05:58 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
It's fun to play!
Not that I play D&D, but this is sounding a lot like it. Imaginary football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2005, 01:20 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

throw in legends from the past like Butkus, Jim Brown and more legends then you have a great game. Make the game with a little of the upcoming blitz game(the nasty but realistic hits such as joint breaking tackles,etc..) and i'll buy it!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »