Home

Questions concerning Finn editor...

This is a discussion on Questions concerning Finn editor... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Questions concerning Finn editor...

When you make an update to your rosters , using the editor , how do you make sure you are getting the right file on action replay. I have action replay for xbox and when I go to load my file there is more than one , shouldn't there be only one? Can someone explain what it is that I'm doing or not doing to get the correct file over to my action replay. Also I need to know how the percentage and fixed portion of the editor works , but I'm seriously concerned about the proper saving part because out of friggin anger I deleted the entire files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2005, 02:32 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Questions concerning Finn editor...

It's hard to tell what your doing or not doing exactly, but first of all, if you're unzipping the rosters files, that's a big mistake. Don't unzip or rename the file manually as it will be corrupted when trying to import back to the game.

As far as the "right file"...what do you mean? There's going to be files on your mem card that you put there, so whether you DL'd it or brought over something you created on the Xbox, you should know the name of the roster file.

Percentage increases or decreases are just that.... portions added or subtracted to a particular attribute. So you'll need to specify the percentage amount you want, add or subtract it, set any maximum or minimum limits. BTW, if you want to set a max or min limit without affecting the attribute percentage wise, just simply set the percentage to increase at "0", and put in your max/min numbers desired.

Fixed means setting an attribute the same for everyone, whatever positions and attributes you specify. So if you want all of the QB's to have a 100 pass read attribute, pick the corresponding boxes and fill in that value.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here is what I usually do. I take the save from my memory card and drag it to my PC database. I then drag the file from my PC database to a newly created folder. Run the editor and open the file in the newly created folder. Save. Drag the file back from the newly created folder back onto the memory card, overwriting the existing 1. Delete the newly created folder.

Now, the edit file is on my memory card and I have a back up of my file in my PC database in case the editor corrupted it.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I kind of get what you're saying about numerous files. If you have the same roster save name, but there is any difference between the rosters, it will create a new file. Its hard to explain, but I know what you're saying. It can be a little frustrating.

What I do just to make sure I'm using the right file, right click on the file and go to properties. Check the dates on the "last modified", or "last accessed", or whatever they are called. That should give you a good idea on what one you want to be using.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:57 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
I kind of get what you're saying about numerous files. If you have the same roster save name, but there is any difference between the rosters, it will create a new file. Its hard to explain, but I know what you're saying. It can be a little frustrating.

What I do just to make sure I'm using the right file, right click on the file and go to properties. Check the dates on the "last modified", or "last accessed", or whatever they are called. That should give you a good idea on what one you want to be using.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I appreciate the help guys you all were very helpful...good form.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »