Home

Ok time to break ya heart

This is a discussion on Ok time to break ya heart within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2005, 09:20 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ok time to break ya heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
So, its 100% certain. No 2k football.
I can't see how anyone could say it was 100% certain until an official announcement is made.

Was there any official announcement when Sega dropped college football? For some reason, I can't remember.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:27 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey
I really feel for you guys.

Some of you may know me here as a big NBA fan...but i've enjoyed the NFL series also.

I know I'd be pretty pissed off right now if EA had of got exlusive NBA rights...and all we had coming was LIVE 06 and typical EA gameplay flaws.

Especially with the hype that will grow...and grow...for the new consoles.

To not have an NFL game to look forward to...that's got to hurt.

It's a ridiculous situation in 2006 with some freaking amazing consoles coming...to not have competition in the NFL.

Chins up fellas.

I agree Monkey. It is a shame that in this day and age of advanced technology, the area of video football gaming has regressed to where it is represented by a company that only puts forth a half a** effort to bring it home to gamers.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
Oh well. My guess is that Take 2 & VC will abandon football...period. They seem to want to put all their eggs in Basketball, Baseball & Hockey. The absence of the NFL license is a killer and I suspect it will be even harder to enter the marketonce Madden really gets a foothold. EA, ESPN & the NFL have sewn it up regarding football. And EA even has the NCAA & Arena too. Guess VC & Take Two considered it too risky and folded their tent.

Personally, baseball, basketball & hockey games are nothing I will spend a great deal of time with despite the graphics. I just don't like playing any sports game other than football. I own ESPN basketball and played ooccasionally versus the A.I., but that's about it. Except for the die-hards, these games are popular for about a month and then drop off fast. I have yet to even play in a ESPN Basketball league that lasted more than a few weeks

So, come August, ESPN 2K5 football joins Tecmo Bowl, Joe Montana, Gameday & NFL Fever as a LEGEND and will forever haunt Madden due to "what could have been had there not been an exclusive license." Yeah, I might play the game with close friends on occasion...but I sadly accept that it is over. Long Live Madden!!!!
Oh well, I guess I have to accept it also. Premium pass here I come.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:48 PM   #20
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

As a person who plays both ESPN and EA brand games, i have to say Take Two/VC getting the rights to the MLB is worse than EA getting the NFL rights. At least Madden is a good enough game to suffice(same cant be said for ESPN MLB unless they imrpove it to get it even close to what MVP is), and for all the people saying their player models are still the same, we still have what 5 months until it actually comes out.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:05 PM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

thanks for the quote, lbz... as you can see it may be 2010 before some will give up "hope" but to each his own. this should be looked at as good news to sports fans. there was never a chance that the fully customizable game people were dreaming up would be created for this year so at least the talent is being used to make argueably the best NBA game out there even better.

longhorn it'd help to throw some "IMO's" in there. some here think Madden wasn't even decent, some think ESPN MLB 2k5 is better than MVP and some realize that the MLB deal allows other companies to make MLB games unlike the NFL deal. i'm sorry that it sucks so much for you but it's not quite so bad for all of the rest of us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2005, 04:17 PM   #22
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Well, at least we know. Now I can try a get my mind set for Madden...I don't believe I just said that. Well EA, the ball is in your court..You'd better run with it, Bitches.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:40 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

ah, well there is always next year. Hopefully they will make a football game then
Old 05-13-2005, 06:18 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn6
As a person who plays both ESPN and EA brand games, i have to say Take Two/VC getting the rights to the MLB is worse than EA getting the NFL rights. At least Madden is a good enough game to suffice(same cant be said for ESPN MLB unless they imrpove it to get it even close to what MVP is), and for all the people saying their player models are still the same, we still have what 5 months until it actually comes out.
C'mon, who really plays Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey videogames like they do the Football games? They are only popular for a month or two after release. It's the NBA playoffs, and ESPN Basketball is dead for the most part. MLB season just a month in and the "buzz" is off the Baseball titles. Yet, we are all discussing roster updates, prolonging ESPN 2K5's life, or looking forward to Madden 2006. EA knew what they were doing. Football exclusivity is more valuable than all the other sports games combined!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »