Home

Just Consider 2K Series "Retired"

This is a discussion on Just Consider 2K Series "Retired" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Just Consider 2K Series "Retired"

I just downloaded Finn Editor. Wow. With the new rosters updates and sliders it feel like I am playing a new game. I wish someone would develop an open source football game. Good stuff so far.

Action Replay is a must.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I just don't get it with the negative vibe thing,whats up with that? For me guys like Tim are one of the reasons hangin' on to my 2K5 is worth the time to play and own.

Tim along with some of the finest roster and slider guys including your truly make a difference around here and if you've been checking out this sites latest post relating to our beloved NFL 2K5 you'll see that we're not done just yet bro...yeah the series is on a long long sabatical of sorts but the true spirit lives on in the form of members and guys who just refuse to see this forced "Retirement" as the final curtain call.

Sorry bro (not you wwharton...my coach)
not to rain on you parade but as long as guys like Finn and his editor exist it ain't over,there exist a group of guys in my opinion that are the real heros in all of this,guys who have first of off a real "Passion" to get involved and push the envelope by using one of the "Best" things to come about in awhile for us roster and slider guys...that would be the incredible "Finns" editor.

In case you havent noticed theres a buzz going on around here dealing with this so called "Retirement" you reference to and guess what?

Oh its gonna happen 2K5 will not see the next edition and thats to bad it has happened and thats a shame...however being the die hard fans we are it just didn't bond well for us.

So we've taken matters in our own hand and have collectively been working on revising our own brand of poetic justice aided with tools and bright minds capable of inducing what we call "The 2K5 Project".

Its not the "Answer" for 2K6 we're aware of the sitution dealing with its storied and rumored history and have no problems with that...we just don't believe the hype and won't just lie down and take it!!!

Most of the rosters and sliders we put out are better then the ones originally designed by the guys who made the game...really they're that good and we know it.

We know this to be a fact and there are postings in the archives to back us up,we have the use of an "Editor" now in its 1.8 edition that allows us access to do things to certain files that can completly enhance and update the game to configure it almost anyway we want...and we want 2K6,the fans and gamers edition.

We're no big time company or anything like that just a few guys who know how to use the tools and talent available that will allow us to continue the series for as long as our skills and talents along with the proper tools to off set the so called "Retirement" issue allows us to.

Yeah we know the next gen is out there and most of us wish it great success no hard feelins but for a few of us it anin't over until its over.

Most likely we'll play the next gen games but they'll never replace the 2K series and there are ways to pump a little life outta a very good series you just gotta have a will and passion to see it thru and thats what we're gonna do. Why? Because we can and know how and for those of us who are involved in this "Project" it a labor of love for the passion of the game.

It ain't over yet bro the project is still on and things are looking up,thats not saying we or at least some of us are closed minded to whats going on we just want a hand in the matter and most would agree the 2K5 Project is alive and well and soon enough those few that are involved will continue to enjoy our beloved series on our own terms and still have room for the next gen games like it should be...we're giving the fan a choice and if involved in the project ....a "Voice"

Holla Back y'all
Damn dude. Great passion in that speech. You gave me an erection!!! olo
Old 05-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

i feel you, rickster... as always. i'm still in 2 2k5 leagues and i doubt they will be my last. i love this game. it's the best football video game i've ever played. what i won't do though is get pissed at VC for not telling me their plans or call EA the evil empire for taking advantage of an opportunity that only they were really able to take advantage of. life goes on, folks. actually the ones that realize that life goes on have accepted what's happened and decided to make edits, sliders, etc. that's moving forward! i wish you all luck.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:41 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
i feel you, rickster... as always. i'm still in 2 2k5 leagues and i doubt they will be my last. i love this game. it's the best football video game i've ever played. what i won't do though is get pissed at VC for not telling me their plans or call EA the evil empire for taking advantage of an opportunity that only they were really able to take advantage of. life goes on, folks. actually the ones that realize that life goes on have accepted what's happened and decided to make edits, sliders, etc. that's moving forward! i wish you all luck.
The voice of reason.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »