Home

Its official!!!!!!!! No NFL 2k6

This is a discussion on Its official!!!!!!!! No NFL 2k6 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2005, 02:17 PM   #33
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Its official!!!!!!!! No NFL 2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
No problem Bubba. I’ll be leaving now, okay? You just tell your buddies Harley and Billy Bob to put them there squirrel guns down while I just back on out the door, ya hear?
First, my name is not "Bubba".

Second, if you're tired of posts that seem to be too negative, maybe you should try http://www.2ksports.com . I'm sure you'll find lots of folks like yourself who don't want to hear anything but happy, upbeat, positive messages concerning the 2k football series.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-17-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:06 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey coogr!

Is there anything wrong with trying to think positive? I mean, I have been critical about NFL2k in the past too, but at a time like this, what we say around hear could now mean the permanent demise of NFL2k or the resurrection of a great generic pro football title.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:20 PM   #35
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
Hey coogr!

Is there anything wrong with trying to think positive? I mean, I have been critical about NFL2k in the past too, but at a time like this, what we say around hear could now mean the permanent demise of NFL2k or the resurrection of a great generic pro football title.
There's nothing wrong with optimism. But not everyone shares that view, and those posts are as appropriate to the 2k forum as the "don't give up " posts. Baa7 doesn't seem to see it that way, hence our disagreement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2005, 03:24 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
There's nothing wrong with optimism.
I hear you. I am not standing in between you and baa, I just wanted to hear from you that you do appreciate optimism. Your first post sounded a little dark.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:33 PM   #37
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
Hey coogr!

I hear ya bro and have absolutly no problem with the company guys taking a peak in here to see just what the fuss is all about to me this can be considered as constructive critisism and help sway their minds as to go on and produce a game worthy of a new day because if we don't speak up on this then it will surly die and fade to dust...but I've a feeling that if they do see these type of post and get a vibe as to what the many fans of the 2K series want and how much a real interest lies here then perhaps we're making an impression and will be taken seriously.

This is our format to voice our ideas and let them know that there is indeed an interest in seeing such a game come about but if we don't say anything they won't hear us.

So forums and postings like this are needed to make ourselves heard and from the responses and replys I think we're making ourselves heard and have drawn some attention as to just how passionate some of us are in wanting to see them breakout with something that would keep us satisfied and content because some of us do believe such a game could be produced if enough interest is out there for one.

Holla Back y'all
Old 05-17-2005, 03:52 PM   #38
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Just curious, but how many sales do you think that represents? I think a resonable estimate of the hardcore 2k fanbase is around 500,000 (I'm basing that on VC's typical sales prior to last year's price drop). Let's assume that's accurate. What % of the hardcore would shell out for a generic game? Even if you assume 50% of those folks would (and imo that's an extremly optimistic estimate), that's still only 250,000 units sold. When you look at it from that perspective, TT's decision is to not publish 2k6 can be seen as the no-brainer it's been from the moment the NFL sold them down the river.
I'm going purely on gut feeling, just because I have no real numbers. All the people I know buy a game to play it, not to drool over the Buffalo Bills logo or how great it is that Lincoln Financial Field has that actual name.

These people buy their game because they want to have all those cool features that VC put in for 2k5. Of course some of them won't still be in there if they came out with a Football 2k6 (ESPN 25th Anniversary comes to mind), but a great deal would.

They wouldn't be able to be hot on EA's heels like they were this past year, but rather take a backseat and do what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-17-2005, 04:15 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I hear ya bro and have absolutly no problem with the company guys taking a peak in here to see just what the fuss is all about to me this can be considered as constructive critisism and help sway their minds as to go on and produce a game worthy of a new day because if we don't speak up on this then it will surly die and fade to dust...but I've a feeling that if they do see these type of post and get a vibe as to what the many fans of the 2K series want and how much a real interest lies here then perhaps we're making an impression and will be taken seriously.

This is our format to voice our ideas and let them know that there is indeed an interest in seeing such a game come about but if we don't say anything they won't hear us.

So forums and postings like this are needed to make ourselves heard and from the responses and replys I think we're making ourselves heard and have drawn some attention as to just how passionate some of us are in wanting to see them breakout with something that would keep us satisfied and content because some of us do believe such a game could be produced if enough interest is out there for one.

Holla Back y'all
Agreed. Good post Rickster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »