Home

Whats the deal with draft freeze???

This is a discussion on Whats the deal with draft freeze??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Whats the deal with draft freeze???

Everytime me and many others sim or play a season then go into the draft after season 1 the game freezes so it kinda kills trying to have mutiple seasons

Any Fix??

This is pretty terrible to keeping the NFL 2K6 project going since the game will freeze all the time there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Whats the deal with draft freeze???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmogs10
This is pretty terrible to keeping the NFL 2K6 project going since the game will freeze all the time there
It seems to me that updated rosters for the 05-06 season, and draft freeze problems don't have much to do with each other. Aren’t the rosters for people who want to play the 05-06 season, and who aren’t necessarily concerned about franchise mode and drafting players once the season is over?

The other thing is that there are enough problems with the game, that if a person wanted to, they could find a ton of reasons not to keep playing it. And maybe the worst has to do with franchise mode and drafting. Player progression in this game is pre-programmed and player-specific. So it makes drafting and playing a franchise pretty pointless anyway, IMO.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
It seems to me that updated rosters for the 05-06 season, and draft freeze problems don't have much to do with each other. Aren’t the rosters for people who want to play the 05-06 season, and who aren’t necessarily concerned about franchise mode and drafting players once the season is over?

The other thing is that there are enough problems with the game, that if a person wanted to, they could find a ton of reasons not to keep playing it. And maybe the worst has to do with franchise mode and drafting. Player progression in this game is pre-programmed and player-specific. So it makes drafting and playing a franchise pretty pointless anyway, IMO.
Thats pretty much how I see it as well. Have to agree with baa on this one. With the rosters I'm working on, I'm focused on one game at a time gameplay. I want the computer to play smart, no silly animations, and the individualness of each player to stand out. Mismatches, dominating D, having to gameplan to face Manning or Vick, etc...
I gotta tell ya guys, I want these to be the best rosters available. I'm loving the testing so far
Old 06-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

good point
Old 06-19-2005, 01:48 AM   #5
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7

I gotta say that this pretty much sums up my train of thought and after going thru some games with the various rosters submitted here at "OS...Da Spot" I'm pretty much satisfied with my main focus the gameplay and from that stand point I'm impressed at what guys have done so far.

As for franchise modes of the game I haven't really given it too much thought due to the great edits for those one on one games and match ups if the franchise gets in there by way of these edits guys are doing then to me thats an extra added bonus for the life and replay value of the game since it does handel certain edits quite well and I've seen some really impressive stuff from most of the guys doing them,some are better then others but then maybe its due to guys deticated to getting them just right and for those efforts alone my hats off to these fellas they're all doing a fine job getting and making the most out of a so-so sitution with the exclusive deal and up to this point I'm not expecting any miracles just some more fun outta the game and these guys as well as myself are delivering some really decent rosters and gameplay for me so thats all one can really ask for,great job guys I'm liking what we're doing so far so keep it up its all in fun and thats what its really about anyway...great post baa7 you make alot of sense at least to me and Nick your rosters are really great too, hope to get my hands on em' soon.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »