Home

Man, I am depressed...

This is a discussion on Man, I am depressed... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2005, 08:25 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Man, I am depressed...

I still play this game! My buddy and I play all the time (face to face AND online). We just chipped in and got the Action Replay so that we could download custom rosters and use them when we get together.

If VC/Take 2 opened up their servers to allow gamers to use custom rosters ONLINE . . . that would be a great big middle finger to EA Sports, IMO. No laws are being broken because it's STILL last year's game!

My love for this game continues to swell as I spend more time in practice mode and try to improve my play.

Also, this year, I plan to play more First Person Mode just to keep things fresh and make it seem like an all new game this year! I will also try to complete all of the challenges in the Crib mode as well.

Another way to keep things going is to join a legitimate online league. I may be mistaken, but I believe that online leagues use live rosters so you can trade players, etc.

Don't get down. Even with Madden's 'improvements' this year (flashlight mode, superstar mode, etc), ESPN NFL2K5 is STILL a better game, between the lines, in my opinion.

Keep Playin'!

BigBlue
Old 07-15-2005, 09:53 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caventer
Well, I am sure I can get the updates and get them on (not sure how you do it), but I play online alot. Playing the computer just doesnt do that much for me. There is no solution for that that I know of or is there?
I see your problem...
Old 07-15-2005, 01:36 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Hey Caventer!!

Quote:
Is anyone besides me totally bummed out right about now?
Welcome to OS former NFL2ker!

I feel your pain bro. I too am finding myself in a video game funk. I got used to being excited during the months of May, June and July, not because of playoff NBA and playoff NHL, but because around this time, details would begin to leak out about the next NFL2k title. Now, there is nothing. Our only hope for salvation is to trust in Sega/Take Two, that they are hard at work at a fully customizable, generic professional football title. Hopefully released this time next year for the next-gen systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #12
Rookie

chevrock22's Arena

OVR: 2

NFL 2K set it for me while i was playing the 2K series on my dreamcast. I didnt think it got better that, well it did, i also bought all the nfl 2k's for my PS2. I bought NFL 2K5 then i went to madden 2005. I guess i like madden better now because i am a die-hard NCAA fan and i would like to see my young badgers kick *** in the NFL.

Go Packers!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2005, 02:08 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

chevrock22, do you live in Wisconsin? I do. I live in Poynette. Will the Badgers mount any offense this year? I don't see it, unfortunately.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:13 PM   #14
Rookie

chevrock22's Arena

unfortunatly i dont see anything special myself. But last years lineup wasnt all that either and they shaped up to be a descent team, If Anthony Davis could have kept it together lasst year he would have a spot in the NFL and the badgers would have had a spot in a better bowl game. And yes I do live in Wisconsin, Waukesha area.

Go Packers!!!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2005, 10:08 PM   #15
Rookie

starbuck's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Is anyone besides me totally bummed out right about now? When the EA news hit a few months back, I must have gone in denial. Now, I realize that there is no ESPN, I am just so depressed. In a desperate attempt, I picked up NCAA '06 and quickly realized is so crappy that I would rather be playing Mattel Football.
I agree totally. I picked up NCAA 2006 and now I think I am playing Mario Football. The game takes football to another time zone. You can actually become Superman if your circle is glowing. What crap! Give me REAL FOOTBALL. Sorry, got carried away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 10:56 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
In a desperate attempt, I picked up NCAA '06 and quickly realized is so crappy
I totally agree. I loved NCAA Football 2003 and 2004, but '06 gives you the feel that you have next to know control of the game...

ESPN NFL 2K5 raised the bar for football games, and I too am sad.

Heck, even ESPN NHL 2K5, ESPN College Hoops 2K5, and ESPN NBA 2K5 are so much better then any of the EA offerings it's not funny.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »