Home

Can someone help me

This is a discussion on Can someone help me within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Can someone help me

I've been so confused as to what roster edits to make and what sliders to use. I hear so many diffrent testimonials on diffrent rosters/sliders/etc that I have no clue what to do. I see some go with upping the stamina. Others go with complete tweaks to just QBs. Others tweak the QBs, RBs, WRs, and everything else. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

So far, all I did was use Bill Harris' slider set and its been good for the most part. But if I can get this game to play even better, I'm all for it. I got all the time in the world to edit rosters, its not like I got another 2K game to look foward to.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, I dont have a sharkport or Action Replay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 12:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Can someone help me

This is from augustus:

yeah, gamechewover.com and the guys in this forum has done alot of work and I think they got it down.

In general you must...

-severely cut pass read coverage (as was said before, is the one-stop solution to CPU QB's who seemingly always rush for force their throws into coverage. sounds really counter-intuative, but once you try it, you won't go back.)

-increase stamina tremendously (stamina has a enormous impact on consistency and many players are extremely underrated in this category)

-increase catching (min 70-obvious reasons here)

-increase consistency across the board (helps eliminate those "12 consecutive incompletion" games)

-increase pass strength (allows QB's to get the ball into those tight seams, avoiding int's)

-decrease route running (In real football, at all levels, most incomplete passes are not tipped or dropped; instead, they are typically mis-timed throws on the part of the QB/WR, resulting in a pass which looks over/underthrown. Lowering this rating helps to create slightly more over/underthrown passes which miss their target, instead of those which hit the reciever, and are tipped or dropped.
In other words, it helps reduce the rate of tipped passes, hence lowering interceptions)

the sliders play a very secondary role in actually addressing this problem fully, but as was said earlier, please read the previous discussions on this issue. I had the same frustrations with the CPU QB, and have completely eliminated them thanks to these dedicated guys. thanks again

This is from Sportsforever:

Recently I read on here that increasing the stamina improves gameplay. I started looking, and all QB's have such low stamina ratings. I know the manual says that the stamina ratings are unique to each position, but they are still low (most are below 40). I ended up jacking up every player's stamina rating to 99 and playing with all sliders except for injury and fumble zeroed out. I have had the computer play out about 20 games the last few days tweaking some things here and there and here is what I have found:

I really believe the sliders are relative. What I mean by that is that for example, if you max out the CPU passing slider, but you leave the human slider at 0 the CPU does horrible. It seems that for some reason performance is better when they are equal (except if you use default settings). Not sure why. One other interesting thing I found is that if you move the fumble slider up (I usually have it at 21-22) to around 28-30 the interceptions really decrease. The only reason I can think of is that the game basically attempts to replicate the number of turnovers that should occur based on statistics. Since there are more fumbles at 28-30 there are fewer interceptions. I actually had to move the interception slider up from 0 to start seeing some because I went like 4 games without seeing one. Not sure if that was a coincidence or not, but I did think it was interesting. Anyway, after running all these games I have actually got the computer to play fairly well against itself. I generally see completion %'s between 55-65% with 2-3 picks a game. I had a couple games where McNabb completed 73-75% of his passes. I also had some games where a QB would complete like 45-50%, but actually this happens about 15% of the time in the NFL (I base that on looking through old boxscores from last year. Usually around 6-7 QB's a week are less than 50% completions). Sorry for the long post, but I am determined to fix this because I flat out love this game.

People are talking about Nick Chew’s roster and/or sliders, wherever those can be found. I saw a screenshot of them (I think it was of them) and the offensive sliders were way down. Personally, that makes no sense to me. This game suffers from poor QB performance and WR drops, so it needs all those bumped up IMO, even with the catching edits mentioned above.

Also, the problem I have with decreasing Run Route (as suggested above) is the QB will not throw to receivers whose ratings are too low, so one has to be careful there. Also, the RR ratings are already too low IMO. Someone with an average RR -- say 65 -- will completely miss running his route maybe 2-3 times out of 10. That’s ridiculous and just unacceptable. No receiver in the NFL would keep his job if that's the best he could do. 19 out of 20, maybe… but even that’s borderline benching material.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:22 AM   #3
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Thanks alot for the info. I'm gonna get started on this this weekend and start up a Bears franchise. Looks promising.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:34 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Thanks alot for the info. I'm gonna get started on this this weekend and start up a Bears franchise. Looks promising.
Yup

You should consider purchasing an Action Replay. Heck, I'll lend you mine if you pay the postage
Old 07-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Yup

You should consider purchasing an Action Replay. Heck, I'll lend you mine if you pay the postage

Ahh yes, thats one of the things I keep forgetting to get. I need AR to make my life easier. I actually bought AR for PS2 and found out that I needed an additonal cable or program to hook it to my PC. I was pissed cause I wasted 30 on that junk. Come to find out that the XBOX version has all you need with one purchase. I may take you up on that offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 12:09 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Ahh yes, thats one of the things I keep forgetting to get. I need AR to make my life easier. I actually bought AR for PS2 and found out that I needed an additonal cable or program to hook it to my PC. I was pissed cause I wasted 30 on that junk. Come to find out that the XBOX version has all you need with one purchase. I may take you up on that offer.
Man, I don't have internet access with my XBOX. I was wondering if you ever got any info on roster edits. I wouldn't mind manually editing the rosters myself.

Another concern would be how to get an updated season schedule.

That's what all games need. A mode where you can create schedules. I don't mess around with all that franchise stuff. That way you could play the game year after year after year...
Old 07-27-2005, 12:16 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberstabone
Man, I don't have internet access with my XBOX. I was wondering if you ever got any info on roster edits. I wouldn't mind manually editing the rosters myself.

Another concern would be how to get an updated season schedule.

That's what all games need. A mode where you can create schedules. I don't mess around with all that franchise stuff. That way you could play the game year after year after year...
You need to look around the forums more re: your desires.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
You need to look around the forums more re: your desires.
Like I said, I don't have internet access at home. Everything I see is downloading stuff and using Action Replay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »