Home

Top 5 reasons why Madden fans hate 2K5

This is a discussion on Top 5 reasons why Madden fans hate 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2005, 12:13 PM   #81
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Top 5 reasons why Madden fans hate 2K5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
lmao @ people still talkin about NFL 2k5 or anythin into the NFL series...it's OVER...why are ya'll still on this? lol
I still play Galaga too.... so shaaaaadupppp!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2005, 04:46 PM   #82
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
NFL 2kx did go down. VSArena? Yeah that's what it's called, not NFL2kx, and it's a whole different site, moreso, like a small OS.

Nothing against you, lol relax.
you clearly know my involvement with nfl2kx but can't seem to figure out that the site didn't go down but has shifted focus. you may not understand but like real businesses even those of us in this free service business tend to start small and eventually expand. a site named nfl2kx leaves little room for expansion. i try not to even talk about another site here but since you need some help with this, a site focused on one game goes through long periods of little activity as there's only so much you can talk about and thoughts of expanding came long before any deal was made by EA.

that doesn't address that you bringing up nfl2kx or it going down has nothing to do with this thread or even what it looked like you were trying to say, or that when vsarena launches i'm sure you'll be there asking a million question about forum color changes or whatever else even after trying to toss me an underhanded insult. so, nothing against you, but you still don't know what you're talking about.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:17 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
you clearly know my involvement with nfl2kx but can't seem to figure out that the site didn't go down but has shifted focus. you may not understand but like real businesses even those of us in this free service business tend to start small and eventually expand. a site named nfl2kx leaves little room for expansion. i try not to even talk about another site here but since you need some help with this, a site focused on one game goes through long periods of little activity as there's only so much you can talk about and thoughts of expanding came long before any deal was made by EA.

that doesn't address that you bringing up nfl2kx or it going down has nothing to do with this thread or even what it looked like you were trying to say, or that when vsarena launches i'm sure you'll be there asking a million question about forum color changes or whatever else even after trying to toss me an underhanded insult. so, nothing against you, but you still don't know what you're talking about.
Your argument holds no weight, knowing that you can't clearly understand me. Following you? No, I just remembered you ran NFL 2kx, so I went to go check. Truthfully, NFL 2kx, VSA, whatever you run, it runs slow. Updates are rare. Yes I do remember NFL 2kx and I did visit once every 1-2 weeks, and you would never update. For you to talk to me like you're a business owner, just sit down. The only reason NFL2kx has changed (or in your excuse/word, expanded) is because EA bought the NFL rights, so technically, NFL2kx did go down, there is no longer a NFL2kx. It obviously has shifted focus, because it had to, it's only common sense. You tell me you're not trying to talk about another site on here, but yet your whole post consists of your site. Again, your little posts hold no weight. Why? Because, I have already won. How? I simply got you to defend yourself.

I win. Go update your site, something you need to do more. And when you try and go at me with something along the lines, " you don't know/your knowledge is low" etc...sit down. Every single post you made was made as if you knew who I am. Go update.

Forum color changes? I only saw the site yesterday and left. Why? VSA = a poor man's OS.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:49 AM   #84
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Wow, this thread seemed to take on a life of its own. Everything I said in my original post was all said in jest. It was'nt like those were a statistically proven top 5 countdown to why Madden fans did'nt like 2K5. I could of easily made a post about those gripes that those Madden fans at EB told me without going through a numeric system.

Anyway, that was the second time I have been sorrounded by a group of Madden devotes at EB. The first time was last year when Madden 05 first came out and I went up to the store to pick up my copy and a 2K5 vs Madden discussion came up. But the last time was completely diffrent. I was sorrounded by a group of ppl who felt that there were good enough to test there skills in a public tourney which meant that Madden was defitnitly they're preffered game of choice.

I did'nt even come there to debate about Madden and 2K5, I was simply there to browse around for games like I normally do on a saturday afternoon. Whenever 2K is brung up in comparison to Madden, I'm always the underdog no matter how many ppl are in the store. And I've always got a kick out of listening to ppl dog 2K5 because it always becomes quickly obvious that they really dont know what there talking about or they dont appreciate real life NFL football like I do. Not saying that all cats think like that, its just that each and every run-in with so called Madden fans I have leaves me that exact impression.

With that said, I rarely run into a dude who actually does check the net out, browse forums and hop between sites looking for information so none of the info in my first post does'nt apply to anyone here.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:26 AM   #85
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Wow, this thread seemed to take on a life of its own. Everything I said in my original post was all said in jest. It was'nt like those were a statistically proven top 5 countdown to why Madden fans did'nt like 2K5. I could of easily made a post about those gripes that those Madden fans at EB told me without going through a numeric system.

Anyway, that was the second time I have been sorrounded by a group of Madden devotes at EB. The first time was last year when Madden 05 first came out and I went up to the store to pick up my copy and a 2K5 vs Madden discussion came up. But the last time was completely diffrent. I was sorrounded by a group of ppl who felt that there were good enough to test there skills in a public tourney which meant that Madden was defitnitly they're preffered game of choice.

I did'nt even come there to debate about Madden and 2K5, I was simply there to browse around for games like I normally do on a saturday afternoon. Whenever 2K is brung up in comparison to Madden, I'm always the underdog no matter how many ppl are in the store. And I've always got a kick out of listening to ppl dog 2K5 because it always becomes quickly obvious that they really dont know what there talking about or they dont appreciate real life NFL football like I do. Not saying that all cats think like that, its just that each and every run-in with so called Madden fans I have leaves me that exact impression.

With that said, I rarely run into a dude who actually does check the net out, browse forums and hop between sites looking for information so none of the info in my first post does'nt apply to anyone here.
I hear ya. I really hope nobody took this thread seriously as the "Official reasons" that go thru EVERY Madden fan's head.

I remember a couple of years ago going into the store and the clerk asked me if I wanted to pre-order Madden. I said "no, I wanna get ESPN." Another guy dude (looked to be in his 30's) turned around and looked all shocked and put up his index fingers "in the sign of the cross". Like he was trying to ward me off or something!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2005, 02:36 PM   #86
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Your argument holds no weight, knowing that you can't clearly understand me. Following you? No, I just remembered you ran NFL 2kx, so I went to go check. Truthfully, NFL 2kx, VSA, whatever you run, it runs slow. Updates are rare. Yes I do remember NFL 2kx and I did visit once every 1-2 weeks, and you would never update. For you to talk to me like you're a business owner, just sit down. The only reason NFL2kx has changed (or in your excuse/word, expanded) is because EA bought the NFL rights, so technically, NFL2kx did go down, there is no longer a NFL2kx. It obviously has shifted focus, because it had to, it's only common sense. You tell me you're not trying to talk about another site on here, but yet your whole post consists of your site. Again, your little posts hold no weight. Why? Because, I have already won. How? I simply got you to defend yourself.

I win. Go update your site, something you need to do more. And when you try and go at me with something along the lines, " you don't know/your knowledge is low" etc...sit down. Every single post you made was made as if you knew who I am. Go update.

Forum color changes? I only saw the site yesterday and left. Why? VSA = a poor man's OS.
Yep, you know everything and you won. Hope you get your virtual cookie. I don't come here to pimp anything that I'm doing and therefore don't talk about it here. Definitely not worth continuing to for you. I'm still waiting for you to post something on topic. I'll stop now b/c I can't do a better job of making you look more idiotic than you do on your own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »