Home

What are true 2K fans doing right now?

This is a discussion on What are true 2K fans doing right now? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2005, 08:44 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: What are true 2K fans doing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
- Atmosphere. In NFL2K5, you feel like you're in a stadium with thousands of people. I don't get that with NCAA/Madden. Hmmmm... "wait until..."
Spank, I can understand what you're saying with the rest of your post, but I can't agree with this point.

The crowd in all of the 2K5 games are too quiet, IMHO. I don't feel like the fans are even in the stadium during certain parts of the game and then when they do get "rowdy" it's not really that noticeable. I think Madden and NCAA are better at stadium/crowd noise than 2K5, but definitley not in overall presentation.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:22 AM   #58
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Spank, I can understand what you're saying with the rest of your post, but I can't agree with this point.

The crowd in all of the 2K5 games are too quiet, IMHO. I don't feel like the fans are even in the stadium during certain parts of the game and then when they do get "rowdy" it's not really that noticeable. I think Madden and NCAA are better at stadium/crowd noise than 2K5, but definitley not in overall presentation.
I think you need to go play 2K5 gain, every year the 2k series always had better crowd noise then madden, dud the crowd in Madden almost show no sound of emotion what so ever. So I must dissagree with you on this one.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-05-2005, 10:50 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I think you need to go play 2K5 gain, every year the 2k series always had better crowd noise then madden, dud the crowd in Madden almost show no sound of emotion what so ever. So I must dissagree with you on this one.
I get more of a feel for the crowd in Madden/NCAA than i do in all of 2K Games games. I think their College Hoops game is the best basketball game I've ever played, but I don't think the crowd gets into it enough. The same goes for NFL 2K5.

I'm not saying the crowd doesn't get louder, but i like to have them sound LOUD and i don't quite get that from the crowd in 2K5. I will pop the game back in tonight after work and try to be more descriptive.

Last edited by bangpow; 08-05-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:53 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
I get more of a feel for the crowd in Madden/NCAA than i do in all of 2K Games games. I think their College Hoops game is the best basketball game I've ever played, but I don't think the crowd gets into it enough. The same goes for NFL 2K5.

I'm not saying the crowd doesn't get louder, but i like to have them sound LOUD and i don't quite get that from the crowd in 2K5. I will pop the game back in tonight after work and try to be more descriptive.

Don't know how loud Madden or NCAA are, but I DEFINITELY feel that the presentation... or better yet... REpresentation of "grown men playing NFL football" is better captured on-field in ESPN. In madden, it feels (I don't know if it's stadium design, player size, whatever... probably both, along with uninspired commentary) but it feels amateur. It looks more like me and my friends playing football as opposed to watching a television broadcast.

Oh and it's true about the interaction. Whether it's O-line D-line play, gang tackling (not just a random animation, but where I can actually jump in on a tackle) or breaking through a wrap tackle (again, not just a random animation, but a controllable occurance), the player interaction in ESPN is GOLDEN.

Last edited by gooberstabone; 08-05-2005 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #61
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

Your opinion is your opinion, but Madden crowd noise last year was Blah, and that was said from a lot of people, 2K5 crowd noise was far better thens madden last year. NCAA may very well be the best in crowd nosie though.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2005, 12:59 PM   #62
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

thanks for the kind words, spank...

in my opinion while i think that madden is a better overall game (i would--i am a Madden fan) i think 2K is more SIM-heavy. this is important because the users that EA wants to bring over from 2K will EXPECT a more SIM-heavy experience or they won't enjoy the game. believe it or not, but HARDCORE madden fans complain about the same issues that you do--its just that we consider madden to be a better work in progress and in our opinion it is closer to achieving true SIM-gameplay than the 2K series...

your suggestions are duly noted and while i think fans of each game are more comfortable with what they have (notice how the issues of graphics always comes up--i've conceded that when your "used to" something, looking at another graphics styles seems "strange" and different) issues like presentation, collision detection and and player interation definitely need to be improved in madden...but i think that most people will agree that the next-gen graphics will be the best seen in a football game.

Gameplay is where its at however, and personally i'd like to see all long-time issues dealt with FIRST and then new SIM-heavy features added as well...
Old 08-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #63
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

bangpow, thanks for making this a 2k vs madden war again
Old 08-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
bangpow, thanks for making this a 2k vs madden war again
It's not a war. I think the exchanges have been even tempered and some good points were made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »