Home

What are true 2K fans doing right now?

This is a discussion on What are true 2K fans doing right now? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2005, 08:09 PM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
What are true 2K fans doing right now?

first and foremost this is not a negative thread...

i'm an actual Madden fan wondering what you guys are doing with 2K not developing a game this year? are you boycotting madden? willing to give it a try? playing 2K with updated rosters? have you played NCAA football? was it comparable to 2K or was it horrible? did it turn you on or off towards madden? and why?more importantly, how are you guys coping?

i'm an avid fan of 2K's NBA series (as it is the far and away NBA SIM leader) and i can't imagine how i would have felt had LIVE "outbid" them for exclusive rights (and i doubt i would have played LIVE now that i think about it--it would have been a step back) but i pride myself on being objective and after trying2K last year....to me Madden was likewise the "far and away "leader on the gridiron..

but thats just an OPINION...

more importantly, what options are you die-hard 2K guys using?

and more importantly, what could EA do to convert you?

thanks guys, Kushmir
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: What are true 2K fans doing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
first and foremost this is not a negative thread...

i'm an actual Madden fan wondering what you guys are doing with 2K not developing a game this year? are you boycotting madden? willing to give it a try? playing 2K with updated rosters? have you played NCAA football? was it comparable to 2K or was it horrible? did it turn you on or off towards madden? and why?more importantly, how are you guys coping?

i'm an avid fan of 2K's NBA series (as it is the far and away NBA SIM leader) and i can't imagine how i would have felt had LIVE "outbid" them for exclusive rights (and i doubt i would have played LIVE now that i think about it--it would have been a step back) but i pride myself on being objective and after trying2K last year....to me Madden was likewise the "far and away "leader on the gridiron..

but thats just an OPINION...

more importantly, what options are you die-hard 2K guys using?

and more importantly, what could EA do to convert you?

thanks guys, Kushmir
I'm a fan of both games, I'm just a bigger fan of the 2k series a lot more then Madden, right Now I'm playing 2k5 and still loving every minute of it, when Madden comes out i will buy it and play and I hope not to regret it, thats all I have to say about that
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-03-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'll be playing Madden 06, 2k5, and NCAA 06. I definitely enjoy ESPN over Madden, but I'm not going to boycott Madden.

To tell you the truth, I can't put my finger on why 2k5 is my favorite game. I just enjoy playing it a lot more. I was 5 seasons into my 2k5 dynasty last year eventhough there were flaws that I didn't really like about the game. I was never able to PLAY 5 seasons in any Madden game. I do like to play madden and mess around with their new additions every year.

As far as what options I'll be using this year to keep 2k5 exciting, I may rearrange the divisions and do a fantasy draft. I'll probably put all the NY teams in one division, all the CA teams in a division, etc. I tend to like sim/realism, but I enjoy the gameplay of ESPN 2k5 and I don't want to update rosters or buy an Action Replay to download updates.

I'll by Madden for my roster and realism fix.

Kushmir, Eventhough you prefer Madden over ESPN, was there anything you did like about 2k5?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav
...but I enjoy the gameplay of ESPN 2k5 and I don't want to update rosters or buy an Action Replay to download updates.

I'll by Madden for my roster and realism fix.
If you like 2K5 that much, why not get the Action Replay and keep the rosters current? I probably will, even though i tend to like Madden more. ESPN is a nice change of pace, but it's not the perfect end-all-be-all kind of game that people are trying to remember it as. But neither is Madden.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #5
lav
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
If you like 2K5 that much, why not get the Action Replay and keep the rosters current? I probably will, even though i tend to like Madden more. ESPN is a nice change of pace, but it's not the perfect end-all-be-all kind of game that people are trying to remember it as. But neither is Madden.
I'll be buying Madden whether I buy an Action Replay or not. So, I figure I'll hold off on the Action Replay and save a little money. I'll probably get an Action Replay down the road, but I can still have fun with 2k5 without the AR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav
I'll be buying Madden whether I buy an Action Replay or not. So, I figure I'll hold off on the Action Replay and save a little money. I'll probably get an Action Replay down the road, but I can still have fun with 2k5 without the AR.
I've found that having an AR around is totally convenient. Sure, it's like buying a new game, but i find that it totally comes in handy for all sports games. Especially since there's a lot of roster editors out there for all types of sports games.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:42 PM   #7
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Well, we're going into season #4 of our online franchise (PS2). If this console generation wasn't ending, we'd keep going and going and going. The game NEVER gets old in a competitive environment.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:46 PM   #8
lav
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
I've found that having an AR around is totally convenient. Sure, it's like buying a new game, but i find that it totally comes in handy for all sports games. Especially since there's a lot of roster editors out there for all types of sports games.
I had a sharkport for the PS2 and used it to death. I just got my XBOX on Ebay this summer. I enjoy my XBOX and will probably end up with an AR. I just don't want to breakdown, buy an AR, and then buy the XBOX 360. So, I'll see. TRANSLATION OF MY POST = My wife just let me get an XBOX. I'll wait awhile before I mention the AR...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »