Home

Walk me off of the Bridge Please

This is a discussion on Walk me off of the Bridge Please within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #9
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Walk me off of the Bridge Please

all i am saying is that 2k5 is good enough to have it as a sole football game in your collection. for a small amount of change, you can have an action replay and be able to have the updated rosters. and i dont understand how anyone sold back that game when it was only 20 bones to begin with.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyWint
Okay, I vowed not to buy Madden after they put the 2K series out of business, but I am just battling myself not to go out and get it. WHY CANT TAKE TWO THROW US A BONE AND ASSURE US THAT THERE IS INDEED A GAME IN THE WORKS?!?! Please help me regain my senses!
What are you, some kind of Sega ESPN disciple? Go buy yourself a copy of Madden and stop your misery. There ain't no Sega NFL for you this year so might as well burn *ehem*, I meant buy a copy of Madden 2006.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
What are you, some kind of Sega ESPN disciple? Go buy yourself a copy of Madden and stop your misery. There ain't no Sega NFL for you this year so might as well burn *ehem*, I meant buy a copy of Madden 2006.

2K sports got nothing to do with Sega anymore....taketwo is the man now
2K sports got nothing to do with ESPN...EA now own ESPN...

Sarah do some research before talking

Last edited by dabear_man; 08-10-2005 at 02:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

I didn't think I would buy Madden until the 360 came out, but since I really enjoyed NCAA this year I decided to give it a try. You know what, the game is still fun to play, and the V&P passing really does give the game a facelift (not an overhaul mind you, but a facelift).

Madden has always had a better franchise IMO, and although I do still wish I could have picked up NFL 2k6 I think I will be very happy playing this until I pick up the 360 in about 3-4 months....If you can make it that long just playing the cpu in 2k5 with updated rosters kudos to you, but since the online community is fading I decided to just bite the bullet now and get it over with. So far I'd say it is worth the $50, especially if you haven't played Madden very much the last couple of years.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:17 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 31

I am planning to start a new franchise after the rosters cuts and I make my own roster.

I didn't play Madden much last year and I can't justify buying it this year(although more complex playbooks are tempting). I still think 2k5 is the best football game I have played....one more year of tweaks who knows what it would have been damn NFLPA
Old 08-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #14
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

I rented Madden today to see how it is. The Vision Cone really wasn't too bad, but to be honest the gameplay in Madden just doesn't appeal to me personally. Gameplay-wise it really isn't much different than 2005, and the presentation and commentary is just as dull as ever.

If you like the Madden series, you will probably like '06. For me, I enjoy the gameplay of 2k5 much better....it feels more like football to me. I will continue to update and play 2k5 for another year, and longer if need be.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:51 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

who's driving? cause i'll go cliff driving with you. NCAA is pretty good, but Madden sucks. please let Next Gen Madden have some playability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 09:39 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabear_man
2K sports got nothing to do with Sega anymore....taketwo is the man now
2K sports got nothing to do with ESPN...EA now own ESPN...

Sarah do some research before talking
yeah, but what you know what she means...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »