Home

Great Article, the business side.

This is a discussion on Great Article, the business side. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2005, 08:29 PM   #9
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Great Article, the business side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
That may be, but even if a majority of sports/football gamers see it that way, we have become (moreso than ever) a society of "we want what we want when we want it" and would rather put up and actually support this business venture (and if you bought Madden.....that's what you did, intentionally or not) than take a stand and send both EA and the NFL a message (I see them equally responsible.....they were both around the big table with coffee, donuts and lawyers when this was discussed). So in essence, we may not have asked for this.....but we'll sure as hell support it.
NFL is first to blame for all of this mess. Then EA and Take Two are next as the bidding war began. The only advantage that this license has given EA so far is access to the NFL FILMS MUSIC LIBRARY and AUTHENTIC OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOKS for teams. Both were great additions, but where is the rest.

WOW! What a way to utilize the license that you paid all this money for.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaunki
Well, I think MLB was far and away EA, but that's still 4-2. And it leads me to believe that the companies bought the wrong leagues. If T2 bought the NFL and EA bought MLB, I probably wouldn't be so pissed off. But since they took the better game away, and that prompted T2 to also take the better game away, it makes the sports gaming world sucky.
That is exactly what I was thinking to myself. The two best games in their respective genres are gone.

It certainly does make the sports gaming world sucky.....I may have to get out of this racket.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #11
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Every once in a while in the past few weeks, I finish up a game of 2K5 and just wonder how this game would of been if it was allowed to be made. Sports games are my livelyhood. I play non-sports games but not anywhere near the dedication I put in a sports game. Sometimes I feel as if EA just killed whatever dreams I had at having the "perfect" game. Not just with football but with all sports. We know EAs rep, we know what their capable of and how they do they business. With that known, sports gaming on next gen consoles looks bleak.
That's exactly what I was thinkign last night. I was imaginign what new animations and cutcenes and even franchise goodies would have been thrown in...it's soo sad. Sports gaming took a HUGE step backwards and most people don't even care.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 09:59 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
NFL is first to blame for all of this mess. Then EA and Take Two are next as the bidding war began. The only advantage that this license has given EA so far is access to the NFL FILMS MUSIC LIBRARY and AUTHENTIC OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOKS for teams. Both were great additions, but where is the rest.

WOW! What a way to utilize the license that you paid all this money for.
The NFL may be to blame, but I don't have the ire for them as I do for EA, and here's why:

The NFL doesn't have as much of a vested interest in videogames as EA does. It's a very diversified entity, whereas EA is basically videogames. So the NFL's putting the license up for exclusivity, as bad as that may be to me, isn't as bad as EA actively pursuing the exclusive license so that they could squelch force their brand of pro football down our collective throats. EA's subsequent actions of quickly scooping up other major licenses (AFL, ESPN and NCAA) shows that their fear lay in one place... ESPN NFL 2Kx.

Whether it's smart business or not is not my point. This is the reason I dislike EA more than the NFL. The NFL wasn't necessarily trying to end my game of choice the last couple of years, but EA was....
Old 08-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

I am not even upset anymore. I didnt buy Madden this year but I rented the game. It felt more like a job to "play" vs having fun playing a sim. Sometimes I go back to 2k but this have effectively kill my main hobby.

At least I am reading more books now.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #14
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

whats a "book"?
Old 08-24-2005, 04:11 PM   #15
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
whats a "book"?

I think its that thing you use to make unbalanced tables stable or something....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »