Home

Like an old Girlfriend.........

This is a discussion on Like an old Girlfriend......... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Like an old Girlfriend.........

Well went back to EB Games yesterday and returned both my Madden and NCCA and got raked under the coals(money not well invested) I am done trying to make myself like either of these games, NCCA was not that bad, and I was starting to get into it.....sorta. It is just something with the graphics and the presentation that I just don't like. Not going to get into it, have already posted many times looking for solutions and advice, to no avail. Right when you put it in and see Herby/Corso with there flipper hands it was down hill from there. Madden on the other hand does nothing for me. Played with a buddy of mine for about 4 hours, and the game just does nothing for me. I just can't believe a year later this is the best they have to offer. The cone system, not bad....but other than that it's the SAME FREAKING GAME!!!! The commentary is awful, the graphics are the same bloated images as before, the whole presentation is just sooooo average. I understand EA might be puting all there resources into the new systems, and I respect that, but to release this and charge $49.99 and call it new is a scam. And what blows me away is to read the reviews and see how everyone loves it just proves I am in the minority

But ENOUGH about EA, I am done.........good for some, but not for me. I popped in the 2k5 the other night and realized how AMAZING this game is. After playing it forever last year, I am finally getting the bug again. I tried something new last night with my Patriots Franchise. My team is now consisting of only players 25 years and younger, everyone is either a rookie or a 1st or 2nd year player. Pretty challenging, although I have some talent (Seymour/Ed Reed/Phillip Buccanon/Willis Mcgahee/Eugene Wilson etc.) I am currently 2-4 in my Franchise, just another way to make a great game fun and new again.

So after this long e-mail with a chance to vent to friends here in the 2k5 community, I pose a question.........who has the best sliders. I know there is a thread available, but I just don't feel like testing and changing settings. I am currently playing on Hall of Fame. After playing ESPN MLB for the last 5 months I have finally realized (Thanks to Big Joe) how important sliders are. Any reccomendations would be great.........long live 2k5!!!!!

P.S. Is this new Blitz game sparking anyones interest???? Just saw some new screen shots and they actually might be on to something It certainly looks WAY better than Madden at this point..........I'm out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 10:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Like an old Girlfriend.........

I, too, tried Madden this year...for TWO WEEKS. And I felt the same....just blah, nothing about it excited. me.
SO, after finding out there aere still people making updated rosters, I traded it in for an AR MAX drive for my PS2, and now am back with 2k5, and after a whole year, the game STILL impresses me!!
Old 08-24-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

The biggest thing that killed madden is the glitch but thats for another thread. I too started a 2K5 franchise yesterday with dreadedsteelers roster update. I got slider settings from nickchew at gamechewover.com. I got 2K5 used from EB for $7.99!! You could pay $7.99 for 2K5 or $50 for a broken madden game. 2K5 to this day still has unbelievable replayability and value for a game that was $20 last year. Its unbelievable. I popped it in the other day and I am amazed at how good it looks compared to Madden 06 and its last years game. I think I will be playing this at until the next gen stuff comes out.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:17 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt75
The biggest thing that killed madden is the glitch but thats for another thread. I too started a 2K5 franchise yesterday with dreadedsteelers roster update. I got slider settings from nickchew at gamechewover.com. I got 2K5 used from EB for $7.99!! You could pay $7.99 for 2K5 or $50 for a broken madden game. 2K5 to this day still has unbelievable replayability and value for a game that was $20 last year. Its unbelievable. I popped it in the other day and I am amazed at how good it looks compared to Madden 06 and its last years game. I think I will be playing this at until the next gen stuff comes out.
Why does Madden feel like work and its not learning the new stuff it just feel blah and tired. Going back to 2k5 is like going back to an old friend.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

i too have gone back to 2k5, and baby, it is sweet. i didn't get Madden this year, but did give NCAA a shot, and it is simply not that great. i went and popped 2k5 back in the ole XBox, downloaded rosters at GameChew, set up some new sliders, and lemme tell ya, it is like a brand new game baby!!! sweet as molasses....love it!!!
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 04:00 PM   #6
Rookie

BuckeyeBoyd's Arena

OVR: 3

Count me in too fellas. This game converted me last year and after trying Madden for a week I traded it in on an AR last night. I'd rather play this game with the best rosters some of these dedicated guys can put together than play that one.

Downed a roster,fired it up for the first time in a looong time. WOW! The contrast in football experience is just as stunning as it was for me last year. With it's minor deficiencies (for me) it's still the best football game I've ever played.

Thanks EA for killing what potentially could have been something spectacular.

Many,many,many thanks to you guys out there rosterizing,making editors,and testing rosters/sliders until yer eyes bleed. Salute.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #7
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Yep its like an old GF. You go back to her, play with her for a little bit and kick the bitch to the curb again because you realize why you dumped her in the first place.

Last edited by bergie56; 08-24-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie56
Yep its like an old GF. You go back to her, play with her for a little bit and kick the bitch to the curb again because you realize why you dumped her in the first place.
ummm, yeah, that's it.

ok, next?
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »