Home

ESPn fan Likes madden but wonders...

This is a discussion on ESPn fan Likes madden but wonders... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2005, 10:23 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ESPn fan Likes madden but wonders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I agree with you on this one slthree. In fact, I love calling the PA in Madden, because after dropping back over and over again, it really fools the defense and leaves my QB wide open with some extra time to either find a WR or, if need be, to scramble. And believe me, when it works well enough to let Rex Grossman scramble eight yards for a first down, then it works well enough for me
I have noticed that QBs seem to have a lot more time than in previous versions so you can actually look down the field to find your receivers. Maybe it's just me though.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:30 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
I think lowering his composure might make him get happy feet
I tested that last year. My results: Composure only affects how accurate / inaccurate the QB throws when under pressure. It doesn’t get him running around if the pressure’s on. And any QB with a Composure rating of less that 85 is useless. It’s one of several QB ratings that have to be bumped up to the 80+ range, in order to get CPU QB’s to throw the ball accurately and realistically as far as statistics go.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:29 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
when I play micheal vick he runs.. while not a lot he does run.. I think lowering his composure might make him get happy feet.. What you could do is make a vip where you run a lot.. and play against it with the CPU vick..or just download a cheesers VIP.. they will run a lot..

I dont play Vick that much but when I do he runs.. I did a lot of tweaking to my rosters So maybe thats why he does.. if you want it I can post it
you need to lower his field vision rating to about 20-25 that makes him run more.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #20
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I read your post over in that thread in the Madden forums, and my problem is where you mention on blitzes where the blitzing LB or CB will tackle the RB on a playaction. My problem is I never see that. I've seen it maybe once or twice in 50 games in NCAA and I've yet to see it in 9 full games of Madden. I see my CPU controlled blitzing defenders do it just about every time however, biting on every CPU play fake. So the CPU is never fooled, while my CPU controlled teamates are fooled every time. That's my problem. Regardless of the matchup. Whether its my PSU dynasty were I'm Top 5 team three years deep and playing Eastern Michigan, or I'm UConn playing USC. The playaction always goes in the CPU's favor.

Your other point, about RB's picking up blitzers. Once again, I never see that happen. An OLB will blitz between the tackle and guard in a nice lane and my FB will just stand there with his hands at his shoulders as the OLB literally brushes against his outside shoulder, yet my 96 OVR fullback picks up 1 outta 5 blocks he should.

I guess you're really lucky if these two things work for you, because I admit these two games would be much more enjoyable if they worked the way they say they do for you.

Whenever I shut one of these games off in frustration, it's usually when a blitzer runs right past my OL or RB who's suppose to be blocking for the 10th time in one game. I feel like that d-bag OL from Remember The Titans is on my team, purposely trying to get my QB killed.
Class move man! Thanks for reading that post over there. And again, sorry I couldn't link you directly to it. I may agree that the user may bite more than the CPU does, but it really is the best play action they have had in any of the madden games.

And, I did mention that sometimes my backs wouldn't block at all. And yes, there have been times when the OL can't or won't make an attempt at a blitzer, but that also happens in the NFL. Thats when the commentator calls the OL a 'swinging door'.

I was just looking for a few answers because I am such a huge ESPN fan but could not get Vick to run against me and was underwhelmed py the play action I was experiencing in ESPN. That was not a problem for me last year when I wore ESPN out because the game is just so darn good anyway.

But, although I'm not an EA fan, I was forced to get their game this year because I'm a football junkie and I had to have the newest football game. I did not expect to like it as much as I do and I love how hard it is to defend a running QB. They've really done that well. And the play action is great, albeit not perfect.

If you plan to play Madden 06 at all, why not go check out my Pro Sliders and see what happens. Maybe you won't see any CPU cheats and ratings boosts. that may help even out the effect of the play action passing for both user and AI.

Anyway, it was a class act for you to do what you did. I have a lot of respect for you.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:09 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

as far as the CPU passing problems and blitzes go, those have already been fixed a long time ago by roster/slider edits. Just head to the roster section and take a gander.

However...

As for the scrambling QB's, I must confess that I have found absolutely not solution to make the scrambling QB's.... scramble more. Moving composure down seems to make them fold under pressure much more than anything else.

Is there anything that can be done about the QB's scrambling ability?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus
Is there anything that can be done about the QB's scrambling ability?!
Custom playbooks with tons of QB running plays, or custom VIPs. That's it.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:12 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopie
lower his field vision rating
What's that?! Ain't no field vision rating in 2K5.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:01 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Custom playbooks with tons of QB running plays, or custom VIPs. That's it.
anywhere I can find VIP's or playbooks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »