Home

ESPn fan Likes madden but wonders...

This is a discussion on ESPn fan Likes madden but wonders... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
ESPn fan Likes madden but wonders...

I've been a huge fan of the 2K series for years. last year I gave Madden a longer look than usual. Although thought it was their best effort in years it still wasn't close to my beloved ESPN.

This year, I'm really enjoying Madden after finding the right settings. . I think it's their best game to date.

Anyway, i peeked over here to see that a lot of you are taking last years 2K and making it up to date. So, I popped it in the other night and could not get over how beautiful it looked and how intuitive the running game was.

But, I was the Bucs playing the Falcons and two things were glaring after having played madden.

1st: Vick did not try to run on me once, not once. He also did not prove to be as elusive as she should be. It was way too easy to defend the falcons not having to worry about the threat of Vick running.

2nd: The play action was very weak, especially coming off the great play action that madden offers.

So, I was bummed because no matter how well madden plays, ESPN has the best running game I've ever seen. And, clearly, it's just flat out beautiful.

But then I heard from Rickster who alluded to the fact that some people have made modifications to the game that may make it play better.

What's the word? Are you guys experiencing the AI QB running on you? Have you been able to make the play action more effective?

Break me down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: ESPn fan Likes madden but wonders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I've been a huge fan of the 2K series for years. last year I gave Madden a longer look than usual. Although thought it was their best effort in years it still wasn't close to my beloved ESPN.

This year, I'm really enjoying Madden after finding the right settings. . I think it's their best game to date.

Anyway, i peeked over here to see that a lot of you are taking last years 2K and making it up to date. So, I popped it in the other night and could not get over how beautiful it looked and how intuitive the running game was.

But, I was the Bucs playing the Falcons and two things were glaring after having played madden.

1st: Vick did not try to run on me once, not once. He also did not prove to be as elusive as she should be. It was way too easy to defend the falcons not having to worry about the threat of Vick running.

2nd: The play action was very weak, especially coming off the great play action that madden offers.

So, I was bummed because no matter how well madden plays, ESPN has the best running game I've ever seen. And, clearly, it's just flat out beautiful.

But then I heard from Rickster who alluded to the fact that some people have made modifications to the game that may make it play better.

What's the word? Are you guys experiencing the AI QB running on you? Have you been able to make the play action more effective?

Break me down.
Good to know that another 2k fan can admit this. I too was a 2k5 junkie and I hated Madden the last few years but this year they finally got it right. The players and teams play exactly like they would in real life in madden and that is the one thing that keeps me from really enjoying 2k5 again. Yes 2k5 looks great but the game play in madden seems more realistic with the cpu actually looking to go deep, blitzes actually seem to work, and playing defense actually feels fun. Another thing is that when the cpu qb throws the ball, they don't just throw into traffic, the passing game is much better in my opinion in Madden. I know people are trying to rip it to pieces but this years Madden is the best one and again in my opinion much more fun to play.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15

2nd post? madden troll
Old 08-30-2005, 12:39 PM   #4
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
2nd post? madden troll
Very mature response. You bring so much to the table.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
Pro

AugustWest71's Arena

OVR: 5

Last year I played espn a lot and loved the hell out of it. This year I am playing madden and loving the hell out of madden also. Sometimes I get bored of madden and I'll switch to espn, then I'll switch back to madden, I don't see why we can't love both games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2005, 01:12 PM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

244 posts and that's all you had to contribute... but we should be worried about him? I guess you can't post unless you praise one game and diss another. Sounds like you may be a troll of another sort.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4

I have yet to play it...I've only heard bad things. But I might give it a rental after hearing this, thanks.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:45 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Are you guys experiencing the AI QB running on you?
Creating a custom playbook for the CPU with tons of QB running plays does help, although the VIP system conflicts with that fix (worked much better in 2K4). But that's the only way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »