Home

Editor Update

This is a discussion on Editor Update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #33
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Editor Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Don't know if if available in the last release or not (it might be) but you can multi-select all the players on a team, right click and select edit player. This will allow you to edit the equipment of the entire team at once.

As for body types, not sure if this is what you are looking for but ...you can auto update body types based on a player weight. Just edit ENFAutoBodyType.txt file in the config files folder to set the weight ranges you want for each body type. (Make sure you leave it in the correct format). I am providing a section in the options screen to set these in the next release.

Cheers,
Finn
You're right Finn it is possible. Thanks that will save lots of time...
It allows equip but not body size

Last edited by noplace; 09-09-2005 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:42 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Don't know if if available in the last release or not (it might be) but you can multi-select all the players on a team, right click and select edit player. This will allow you to edit the equipment of the entire team at once.

As for body types, not sure if this is what you are looking for but ...you can auto update body types based on a player weight. Just edit ENFAutoBodyType.txt file in the config files folder to set the weight ranges you want for each body type. (Make sure you leave it in the correct format). I am providing a section in the options screen to set these in the next release.

Cheers,
Finn
Sweet...This alone just bumped up the release date of the next rosters. Learn something new everyday with this editor

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Just wanted to give you all a heads on up what's coming in the next release.

1: I fixed the schedule load so that the year will show as 2005 and the super bowl will be played in detroit, even if it is the first year in franchise. In addition, I am working on custom schedule creator that will allow you to create your own schedule (or edit an existing schedule) but I don't think that will make this release.

2: Added the ability to turn Dreads (hairstyle) on or off. You can do this for any player.

3: Exposed ability to change skin tone and face. NOTE: Players that have face maps in game will keep their face map when you change their face setting unless you change their photo to a photo of another player. If the photo you change to is of a player with a face map, then that player's face map will be used. (It was funny to see Rhonde's black face on a white man's body while I was trying to figure this one out).

4: PLAYER EDITOR: Added the ability to change a player's Play By Play Name by picking any play-by play name already in the game.

5: PLAYER EDITOR: Added the ability to change a player's Photo by picking any photo already in the game. (Paste Player Photo is being removed). NOTE: There are alot of photos in the game that are unknown to me so they will show up in the pick list as UNKNOWN with a number.

6: Fixed Paste Player I believe, but more testing is still needed.

7: Ability to rename more players then the game allows.

8: Added ability to clear a players stats so that new rookies can be created by overwriting existing players without stat problems.

I hope to have a release this weekend. I will keep you informed of the status (good or bad).

Cheers,
Finn
Action Replay - $30
Donation to FlyingFinn for his editor - $10+
Not needing to play Madden 2006 for my NFL fix - Priceless

There are some things EA can't buy.

Thanks a ton, Finn!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #36
MVP

noplace's Arena

Thanks Finn, just made a donation for your hard work there is more to come.

Keep it up yo!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassiladelph
Action Replay - $30
Donation to FlyingFinn for his editor - $10+
Not needing to play Madden 2006 for my NFL fix - Priceless

There are some things EA can't buy.

Thanks a ton, Finn!
100% agreed. thanks flying finn for your hard work man!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:21 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Finn,

Do you know the if the two possiblilities below are feasible?

1. The ability to change a team from computer controlled to human controlled during the season. This would make it possible for two players to play out a franchise during the season. Yes, I know that if you make all the teams human controlled, you can do this, but during offseason drafts, free agency periods, etc. you have to control all 32 teams.

2. A schedule editor that would create an 8 or 4 game season.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #39
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb68
Finn,

Do you know the if the two possiblilities below are feasible?

1. The ability to change a team from computer controlled to human controlled during the season. This would make it possible for two players to play out a franchise during the season. Yes, I know that if you make all the teams human controlled, you can do this, but during offseason drafts, free agency periods, etc. you have to control all 32 teams.

2. A schedule editor that would create an 8 or 4 game season.
1. Yes in the regular season (will be in the next version), not sure about the playoffs though.

2. Off the top of my head, I would say no because that stats etc... would get all screwed up but you never know.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #40
MVP

Thanks Finn. Man I have to have to now get back on the roster makers side and start updating.

Gamertag XRob da Realist

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »