Home

Editor Update

This is a discussion on Editor Update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2005, 12:21 PM   #1
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Editor Update

Just wanted to give you all a heads on up what's coming in the next release.

1: I fixed the schedule load so that the year will show as 2005 and the super bowl will be played in detroit, even if it is the first year in franchise. In addition, I am working on custom schedule creator that will allow you to create your own schedule (or edit an existing schedule) but I don't think that will make this release.

2: Added the ability to turn Dreads (hairstyle) on or off. You can do this for any player.

3: Exposed ability to change skin tone and face. NOTE: Players that have face maps in game will keep their face map when you change their face setting unless you change their photo to a photo of another player. If the photo you change to is of a player with a face map, then that player's face map will be used. (It was funny to see Rhonde's black face on a white man's body while I was trying to figure this one out).

4: PLAYER EDITOR: Added the ability to change a player's Play By Play Name by picking any play-by play name already in the game.

5: PLAYER EDITOR: Added the ability to change a player's Photo by picking any photo already in the game. (Paste Player Photo is being removed). NOTE: There are alot of photos in the game that are unknown to me so they will show up in the pick list as UNKNOWN with a number.

6: Fixed Paste Player I believe, but more testing is still needed.

7: Ability to rename more players then the game allows.

8: Added ability to clear a players stats so that new rookies can be created by overwriting existing players without stat problems.

I hope to have a release this weekend. I will keep you informed of the status (good or bad).

Cheers,
Finn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2005, 12:51 PM   #2
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Editor Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn

1: I fixed the schedule load so that the year will show as 2005 and the super bowl will be played in detroit, even if it is the first year in franchise. In addition, I am working on custom schedule creator that will allow you to create your own schedule (or edit an existing schedule) but I don't think that will make this release.

2: Added the ability to turn Dreads (hairstyle) on or off. You can do this for any player.

3: Exposed ability to change skin tone and face. NOTE: Players that have face maps in game will keep their face map when you change their face setting unless you change their photo to a photo of another player. If the photo you change to is of a player with a face map, then that player's face map will be used. (It was funny to see Rhonde's black face on a white man's body while I was trying to figure this one out).

4: PLAYER EDITOR: Added the ability to change a player's Play By Play Name by picking any play-by play name already in the game.

5: PLAYER EDITOR: Added the ability to change a player's Photo by picking any photo already in the game. (Paste Player Photo is being removed). NOTE: There are alot of photos in the game that are unknown to me so they will show up in the pick list as UNKNOWN with a number.

8: Added ability to clear a players stats so that new rookies can be created by overwriting existing players without stat problems.

I hope to have a release this weekend. I will keep you informed of the status (good or bad).

Cheers,
Finn
Hell Yeah. Finn I will have to throw you some bones potna for this. Thats what I'm talking about. Good lookin
Old 09-08-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Nice job Finn! Appreciate the work. I've always wanted to have my players last name pronounce. Since it wasn't an exact match before I couldn't.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:55 PM   #4
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxzone
Nice job Finn! Appreciate the work. I've always wanted to have my players last name pronounce. Since it wasn't an exact match before I couldn't.
It will only say the name if the play by play name already exists in the game. you can't create any new commentator lines for names not in the game. But if your named is sounds like another name but is spelled different, that would work.

Also, you can choose to just have the player called by jersey number as well.

I am not sure if there are hidden play by play names in the game... That will require a lot of time since every unknown Play-by-Play index would have to checked in game to see if it resulted in a the announcer saying a different name or not.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Kick butt

Finn, you never cease to amaze me Donations will be on their way.

Before I jump into this one like the past versions, how realistic is it that I could take the roster I have been working on now in .32, and use it in this upcoming release without any problems?

I'm going to finish my 3rd roster set in the .32 editor anyway, since I'm almost done. I'm looking at next week sometime for ETA on the GCOrosters v3...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Finn,

There are two things that I would love to have in this game but I am not sure they are possible:

1. The ability to change a team from computer controlled to human controlled during the season. This would make it possible for two players to play out a franchise during the season. Yes, I know that if you make all the teams human controlled, you can do this, but during offseason drafts, free agency periods, etc. you have to control all 32 teams.

2. A schedule editor that would create an 8 or 4 game season.

Do you know if this is possible? If #1 is possible and you don't have time to do it, please let me know because I've been creating utilites (schedule editors, franchise creators) for games since the Front Page Sports Football series. Unfortunately, after a wife and 3 boys I do not have the time to do that research anymore but I could help.

Thanks in advance,

Jim B.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Cheers,
Finn
I love you.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #8
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Quote:
It will only say the name if the play by play name already exists in the game. you can't create any new commentator lines for names not in the game. But if your named is sounds like another name but is spelled different, that would work.

Also, you can choose to just have the player called by jersey number as well.

I am not sure if there are hidden play by play names in the game... That will require a lot of time since every unknown Play-by-Play index would have to checked in game to see if it resulted in a the announcer saying a different name or not.
My last name is Hansen. The kicker for detroit is Hanson. Madden always made the connection, but ESPN never got it in there. It will be nice. I know it's really no big deal, but with nothing new this year it is to me . Thanks again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »