Home

How many NFL2K fans.....

This is a discussion on How many NFL2K fans..... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2005, 03:33 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How many NFL2K fans.....

Im playin Madden only because its the only game, just to give me my methodone instead of the real heroin fix I need.I too am totally unfulfilled with football gaming and I cant believe Madden is still saying the same dribble since I last played it in 99'
Old 09-16-2005, 05:50 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
Well, the reason I walked away was because I COULDN'T change it off rookie. I wanted to see what it was like beyond that, but couldn't.

The point I guess I was trying to make was how they cater to the casual crowd. Anyone walks up to the game because it's "Madden" and has instant success. I wanted to try out the game, but couldn't play football because it wouldn't let me. Honestly, I suck and running back kicks, and I could have driven 2 Hummer H2s through the holes I was given.
thanks for replying since my comment was to you and not baa7... but i guess he felt a need to say something since there was an opportunity to attack something in this forum. tends to like that.

anyway, my point was you based your opinion on the game from your experience in the store. i think you'd agree that's not really fair to the game. plus if it were 2k6 up there to play, i can promise you the situation would've been exactly the same. all default settings are horrible for anyone that frequents sites like OS and any store with a playable demo/version of these games would have it on the default setting. not really fair to blame the game for that.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #35
All Star

OVR: 21

I liked Madden 06 because of the passing cone, teams/players playing like their real life counterparts, better playbooks, and pleathora of pre-snap offensive/defensive options. After a month or so, I've found the cone to be too cumbersome (for me), DBs making ridiculous plays on deep balls too irritating, and the lack of good player interaction slowly began to stick out more and more (ultra-corny tackles, ridiculous amount of pancakes, etc.). Turning the cone off makes the game play near-exactly like last year's game.

There's a lot of good with the game, but there's a lot of not-so good... And the game does nothing to infuse you with the feeling of a true appreciation of football in the way that 2K5 does. I think ultimately that's what makes Madden feel hollow, and makes 2K feel more like a work of passion - even with all of it's flaws (okay, maybe "passion" is too strong a word)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2005, 07:54 PM   #36
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
thanks for replying since my comment was to you and not baa7... but i guess he felt a need to say something since there was an opportunity to attack something in this forum. tends to like that.

anyway, my point was you based your opinion on the game from your experience in the store. i think you'd agree that's not really fair to the game. plus if it were 2k6 up there to play, i can promise you the situation would've been exactly the same. all default settings are horrible for anyone that frequents sites like OS and any store with a playable demo/version of these games would have it on the default setting. not really fair to blame the game for that.
wwharton,

I totally agree with you and always respect your opinion. You've always been a voice of reason on these boards w/respect to 2k and Madden. Yeah, if it was 2k and I was a Madden fan, I'd have the same response. I just think it's lame that they put these in kiosks, let you pick ANY team, but don't let you adjust the difficulty so you like it. I understand making it available for 8 year olds to play, but throw me a bone too....

I seriously haven't played either EA game this year, but if I was to go after one, I'd go after NCAA to rent. But, every time I think about it, I just CAN'T get myself to play EA's brand of football on these consoles anymore after playing 2k.

Go Badgers!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:47 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Not me. Madden 2004 is still the best current gen Madden and 2k5 crushes them all. How sad is that? I rented 2006 and im sorry but if I was stuck playing Madden, I would easily choose 2004 over 2006 and 2005.

Injured Reserve is still flawed in 2006 and has been since 2004 (hell, it could be longer but 2004 was the first Madden that I ever played). How the hell is that possible when Madden himself is supposed to be looking over the game?

Of course, im not surprised considering that Madden is a Michael Vick *** kisser and think he's great when he's average at best and its his receivers, its him. Once Vick's legs go, he's done.

And back to 2006, that unrealistic, fake, doesnt exist in the NFL player position requirement crap is still in Madden when it shouldnt be.

Bottom line, Madden sucks as does EA. 2k5 > Madden. And come November, 2k5 > Madden next-gen.
There maybe a mod can come in and sticky this post so people know what an actual fanboy is.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #38
Rookie

RanRon's Arena

OVR: 3

The only reason I played Madden 06 is because I was waiting for 06 rosters for 2K5. NFL 2K5 is a far more superior game than Madden 06. I have been an avid EA and Madden fan for years but the graphics and gameplay in all of the 2K series are in a class by themselves.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:45 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
wwharton,

I totally agree with you and always respect your opinion. You've always been a voice of reason on these boards w/respect to 2k and Madden. Yeah, if it was 2k and I was a Madden fan, I'd have the same response. I just think it's lame that they put these in kiosks, let you pick ANY team, but don't let you adjust the difficulty so you like it. I understand making it available for 8 year olds to play, but throw me a bone too....

I seriously haven't played either EA game this year, but if I was to go after one, I'd go after NCAA to rent. But, every time I think about it, I just CAN'T get myself to play EA's brand of football on these consoles anymore after playing 2k.
I know what you're saying. You have to wonder what the purpose is. It makes sense to set the game at the default level but if you can play with any team for any amount of time then they're not worried about people just trying to get some free runs in. You also have to consider that the game is developed for all types of gamers so why not give all types of gamers the chance to see if they'll enjoy the game the way they'll play it?

Unfortunately though, the same was true for 2k5 when it was on display at those stores. Many Madden fans came to the forums saying this was too easy and that was not realistic all because they were playing on the joke of a default level. It's a wonder why people are so inclined to defend their favorite title even if they haven't played it yet. Reviews can't help, playing it store can't help, talking to one of the employees definitely can't help. It's almost like dropping the money and playing for yourself is all you've got and we've got to convince ourselves it's worth doing that.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:28 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanRon
The only reason I played Madden 06 is because I was waiting for 06 rosters for 2K5. NFL 2K5 is a far more superior game than Madden 06. I have been an avid EA and Madden fan for years but the graphics and gameplay in all of the 2K series are in a class by themselves.

You mean the basketball player models from previous years for 2K was the greatest every year right?

Please 2K5 was good but I sense haterade more then anything with this post. The gameplay in Madden 05 and 06 is extremelly good and doesn't take a back seat to any other football game.

I realize this a 2K thread but I play football games regardless of who's name is on it and if it's a good game I'm going to play it. But to say the word SUPERIOR you are only trying to blindly fool yourself. The game had too many flaws to be SUPERIOR to anything. It's eye candy and after awhile once you see the flaws then you began to accept the game for what it truly is a good game that could have been great but hey VC dropped the ball.

Words like SUPERIOR, GREATEST and BEST only applys if you are blinding yourself to all the flaws that exist. Until those things get corrected it is simply a good game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »