Home

Software for HDD on ps2 help needed

This is a discussion on Software for HDD on ps2 help needed within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Software for HDD on ps2 help needed

Hey, guys, I know there aren't many PS2 users here, and even less PS2 HDD owners, but the people here seem pretty bright, so I'm asking for some help.
I own a Seagate 60GB hard drive, which shows up on the compatability list for use with the PS2.
I REALLY want to use this to copy my games to the HDD, and have REAL replays while playing ESPN 2k5 (during halftime, end of game)......now, I know I need a software program called HD loader, or HD Advance....but I have HEARD that it is possible (with an AR MAx flash drive) to download a file, copy it to my memory card, and this will enable me to use the HD without having to buy this disk. (and I'm like everyone else, I don't want to spend 35 bucks unless I HAVE to for a program that I need once, and I don't consider this pirating really).
Can ANYONE help me out?? I am NOT a computer geek by any means, but can do some relatively easy things, but I've googled and searched but not found much help.
If anyone can help me out, I would be eternally grateful.
Also, I would think that the games would load and play much smoother and faster being on the HDD instead of read from a disk, plus then I don't have to worry about the dirty disk error anymore.
Thanks!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2005, 10:18 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Software for HDD on ps2 help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTJenness
Hey, guys, I know there aren't many PS2 users here, and even less PS2 HDD owners, but the people here seem pretty bright, so I'm asking for some help.
I own a Seagate 60GB hard drive, which shows up on the compatability list for use with the PS2.
I REALLY want to use this to copy my games to the HDD, and have REAL replays while playing ESPN 2k5 (during halftime, end of game)......now, I know I need a software program called HD loader, or HD Advance....but I have HEARD that it is possible (with an AR MAx flash drive) to download a file, copy it to my memory card, and this will enable me to use the HD without having to buy this disk. (and I'm like everyone else, I don't want to spend 35 bucks unless I HAVE to for a program that I need once, and I don't consider this pirating really).
Can ANYONE help me out?? I am NOT a computer geek by any means, but can do some relatively easy things, but I've googled and searched but not found much help.
If anyone can help me out, I would be eternally grateful.
Also, I would think that the games would load and play much smoother and faster being on the HDD instead of read from a disk, plus then I don't have to worry about the dirty disk error anymore.
Thanks!!
I forsee this getting Locked in the near future as you have scratched the outer edge of the "messages containing references to piracy" policy. As for stuff loading off of HD being faster. A friend of mine said that cut scenes seem to lag/shutter/have pauses (whatever you wanna call it)
Old 09-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Software for HDD on ps2 help needed

Having HD Loader will not give you a full motion halftime/postgame show. You can only get that with the Sony HDD. The PS2 will only reconize that HDD automatically. The other drives will work with HD Loader but only as a game storage player.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »