Home

hot d@mn!!! ESPN 2K4 has far better gameplay than 2K5. make rosters please!!!

This is a discussion on hot d@mn!!! ESPN 2K4 has far better gameplay than 2K5. make rosters please!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2005, 11:30 AM   #41
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: hot d@mn!!! ESPN 2K4 has far better gameplay than 2K5. make rosters please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersBaby
2k5 is the best football game ever made. Period.
That settles it. We should all stop debating it now. I suppose you didn't find any major flaws in it of any kind? Do you think fatigue was done better in 2K5? How about DB play or CPU QB play? There were some major areas that 2K5 screwed up. You can complain about the punter punting at the 30 yard line in 2K4 but that was hardly a game killer for me. 2K5's CPU QB play is.

There are definately areas where 2K5 improved from 2K4 but also got worse. I'm not even going to say 2K4 is better but I will say I liked it an awful lot more at the time than I did 2K5. 2K5 may be your favourite game of all time along with a million other people and that is fine. I'm finding NCAA 2006 to be far more enjoyable for me but personal preference should never be confused as fact. There is no right or wrong answer here. Period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2005, 04:19 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: hot d@mn!!! ESPN 2K4 has far better gameplay than 2K5. make rosters please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
You have some very valid points and when you consider how well the QB is defensed in 2k4 that alone is something that makes 2k4 in alot of ways a more solid playinmg game than 2k5...2k5 is just so darn pretty that alot of people get mesmerized by the graphics and presentation
I didn't read most of the responses, but in case no one mentioned them.

Screen plays were money on 2k4 and are just about useless in 2k5.
In 2k4 shifting my players while in FPF was possible, in 2k5 i have to revert to normal view and adjust my players, otherwise it can't be done while in FPF.

I also agree with many of the other opinions listed and you're right about being captivated by the beauty of the game.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:21 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes but a lot of things were corrected by editing rosters, sliders, etc.

Simming an entire season and seeing almost every punt return average be in the negatives no matter what edits yo do? Game killer for me.

To each his own. Period.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #44
Rookie

BBFAN, Any chance of us getting those 2k4 coach sliders? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:21 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 6

I remember having trouble sacking the QB in 2K4. I would take that problem over the bad CPU QB play in 2k5 though. The running game in 2k4 seemed fine to me after slider adjustment, the only thing was the CPU ran it too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1726
The running game in 2k4 seemed fine to me after slider adjustment, the only thing was the CPU ran it too often.
That can be fixed with pass-heavy custom playbooks, and coach tendency sliders... unlike 2K5 (because of the coach VIP's).
Old 10-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

bbfan, do you still plan to post your sliders? Hope you do.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:58 PM   #48
Rookie

I just lost in the playoffs in epsn2k4 , nevertheless epsn2k4 and epsn2k5 is bout the same in the gameplay area, now the graphics looks better in 2k5 looks way better and the sound is the same, and the control i would say 2k4 has the upper hand in that area. They change the button layout in 2k5 for some odd reason, and the running game seems to be better in 2k4 and 2k3, but the passing game is much better in 2k5, and it seems more real.

Overall, here is my votes for the best 2k games in order:

2k5 and 2k4 is a tie, both games has little flaws, but great/ near perfect.
2K3 is next in line, wonderful game , major upgrade from 2k2
2k2 is next, the dreamcast version rocks.

2k1 and 2k i wont mention , because i dont have them anymore, but was great in the pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »