Home

Testers Needed for new version.

This is a discussion on Testers Needed for new version. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2005, 10:10 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Testers Needed for new version.

EDIT: OK..you should be able to replicate this. Seems that when you transfer to the game and back to the editor..the Player-Create players go blank. I just renamed the Player-created JJ Arrington (in the Cowboys) back to Louska Polite transfered to the game (looked OK) then back and he was missing along with his friends.

Finn... this happened again... I used the file that you posted and downloaded the latest version. Opened the file and everything looked fine..Made some changes loaded it up, looked good, but when I reloaded it into the editor they were gone.

I completely rewrote the following players
Kellen Winslow - MAtt Kranchick
Matt Mauck - Kyle Orton
Tony Brown - Jacques Cesaire
Michael Moore - Adam Snyder
J.J. Arrington - Cedric Benson

J.J. Arrington was created by attaching names to Dorsey Levens. I copied players from an old roster to transfer their info faster (i,e DOB, Weight, etc..)

Last edited by wallydog; 09-26-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:56 PM   #58
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydog
EDIT: OK..you should be able to replicate this. Seems that when you transfer to the game and back to the editor..the Player-Create players go blank. I just renamed the Player-created JJ Arrington (in the Cowboys) back to Louska Polite transfered to the game (looked OK) then back and he was missing along with his friends.

Finn... this happened again... I used the file that you posted and downloaded the latest version. Opened the file and everything looked fine..Made some changes loaded it up, looked good, but when I reloaded it into the editor they were gone.

I completely rewrote the following players
Kellen Winslow - MAtt Kranchick
Matt Mauck - Kyle Orton
Tony Brown - Jacques Cesaire
Michael Moore - Adam Snyder
J.J. Arrington - Cedric Benson

J.J. Arrington was created by attaching names to Dorsey Levens. I copied players from an old roster to transfer their info faster (i,e DOB, Weight, etc..)
Thanks for the testing, I was able to reproduce based on the first part and fixed an error in my name writing logic. After doing so, renaming JJ Arrington to Louska Polite worked and loaded correctly in the editor after closing and re-opening.

Version 2.0.1.140 is uploading now. I can manually fix your file again if you'd like.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:58 AM   #59
Rookie

Finn...Thanks..I installed your latest editor 2.0.1.140 and made a number of renames with the file you sent back... seems that pesky problem is still there after I saved in game and transferred it back to the editor.

All the edits are present when I first transfered to the game but saving and transfering back to the editor seemed to make the Create-Players disappear
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_R1.zip (270.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by wallydog; 09-27-2005 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:16 AM   #60
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Finn...Thanks..I installed your latest editor 2.0.1.140 and made a number of renames with the file you sent back... seems that pesky problem is still there after I saved in game and transferred it back to the editor.

All the edits are present when I first transfered to the game but saving and transfering back to the editor seemed to make the Create-Players disappear
Here is the file, manually fixed again. Next time you do any renaming, can you keep track of everything you do in the editor so I can try to reproduce again. Being able to reproduce last time allowed me to find/fix one bug but evidently there is another in there some where.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_R1.zip (249.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-27-2005, 12:41 PM   #61
Rookie

thanks finn.... more issues...

Seem that overwriting has caused a number of players (that were not touched) to change their first names...(There are quite a few). The file you sent back has them in them. Check the Lions... Fox Fox, Cody Cody, etc. I could give you a list of players that I renamed (selecting No) but the lis ispretty long.

Also I noticed that if you type in a name in the editor that is not matched there is no prompt.(seems fine but don't know if that's what's causing the errors)

UPDATE: Finn I just checked the first file you sent me in this thread (09-26-2005, 07:04 PM) and the duplicate names were not there so this is definately related to the naming (selcting no)

Last edited by wallydog; 09-27-2005 at 12:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2005, 01:01 PM   #62
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
thanks finn.... more issues...

Seem that overwriting has caused a number of players (that were not touched) to change their first names...(There are quite a few). The file you sent back has them in them. Check the Lions... Fox Fox, Cody Cody, etc. I could give you a list of players that I renamed (selecting No) but the lis ispretty long. )
I had a problem where the names would not show in red sometimes so that might explain why you were seeing this because you were overwriting names assigned to other people.

Quote:
Also I noticed that if you type in a name in the editor that is not matched there is no prompt.(seems fine but don't know if that's what's causing the errors)
If you type in a new name, not already in the gamesave, and the name you are overwriting is only used by the player you are editing, it will not prompt.

Quote:
UPDATE: Finn I just checked the first file you sent me in this thread (09-26-2005, 07:04 PM) and the duplicate names were not there so this is definately related to the naming (selcting no)
So you mean, you are overwriting names by typing in a new name. However, this new name already exists in the save somewhere so you are hitting "No" when prompted to point to the existing name... Is this correct? Also, why are you selecting "No"? Pointing to an existing name is the most efficient way to change the name of a player.

Anyway, thanks again for all the testing!
Old 09-27-2005, 02:07 PM   #63
Rookie

[quote=FlyingFinn]I had a problem where the names would not show in red sometimes so that might explain why you were seeing this because you were overwriting names assigned to other people.

I was checking names that I had 'attached' and it seems like the same rollover problem as before

So you mean, you are overwriting names by typing in a new name. However, this new name already exists in the save somewhere so you are hitting "No" when prompted to point to the existing name... Is this correct? Also, why are you selecting "No"? Pointing to an existing name is the most efficient way to change the name of a player.

Yup.. I created 3 categories.
1) Those whose F and L names could be found in the list
2) First Name Only
3) Second name only

But in the end for cat. 2 and 3 I just ended up rewriting players..selecting No to both First and Last.

I rewrote approx 27 players (first & last) (when I tried checking this I noticed the rolloever issue) and had to fix exactly 54 players (first names)... so don't know if its related or a coincidence..also found some duplicates with locked names like funkmaster and steve-o
Old 09-27-2005, 04:36 PM   #64
Rookie

Post Re: Testers Needed for new version.

UPDATE:

I noticed that this happens when you save and the file is repacked.

UPDATE:

Finn..I was able to recreate the problem with duplicate names (i.e. Fox Fox).
I used the previously mentioned file (09-26-2005, 07:04 PM) which you fixed and started renaming players. I attached names to 6 more players and rewrote 2. Saved/Transfered/Saved/Transfersed back to the editor without any problems.

Then I completely rewrote the following players and ended up with 2 players who had duplicate names - Donterrious Thomas (Thomas Thomas) and Jerametrius Butler (Butler Butler)

Here's a list of players that I created and the players that were rewritten. After I transfered to and from, I did a search and noticed the 2 names. Is there a limit to the number of names you can rewrite before you save? Like 10 or something.. just guessing

Michael Roos, T Tony Pape, T
Jacques Cesaire, DE - 3(SD) Tony Brown, DE
Kyle Orton, QB Matt Mauck, QB
Michael Boley, ILB Marcus Reese, OLB
Rob Petitti,T Jacob Rogers, T
Logan Mankins, G Mark Wilson, T
William Whitticker,G Bo Lacy, G
Courtney Roby, WR Richard Smith, WR
Alex Barron, G Alan Reuber, T
Barret Ruud, ILB Caleb Miller, OLB
David Pollack, OLB Jorge Cordova, OLB
David. Tyree, WR Brad Pyatt, WR
Erasmus James, DE Antonio Smith, DE

Last edited by wallydog; 09-27-2005 at 06:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »