Home

Finn, a few comments and questions.....

This is a discussion on Finn, a few comments and questions..... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2005, 12:47 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Finn, a few comments and questions.....

I finally bought Xbox today and messed around with 2k5's default roster with your editor. Man, it was awesome to see 49ers CB Mike Rumph at FS on the depth chart, Young without stats, Peterson without a photo, all players advanced a year, Lloyd with dreads and all players body type based on weight. I must say Finn, spending over $200 just to use your editor was well worth it. When I loaded that edited roster and seeing that it worked, I was like the happiest person in the world.

Anyway, I downloaded your roster editor version 177 yesterday afternoon and now see that you're up to .190 and thus have a few questions.

1) What are the differences between 177 and 190 in terms of bugs, glitches, etc.?

2) In 190, are there any problems and if so, what are they?

3) What can be done in 190 without any problems whatsoever?

4) While I havent tried yet, are there any problems using an edited roster in Franchise? (version 190)

5) The one problem that I had using 177 was that players were still listed in the 50's and 60's for age. I also had created DT Hollis Thomas based on 2k4 and he was listed as being 252 years old. My laptop is correct in regards to date and time and all the rosters that I have saved in my laptop havent been edited and/or saved in any way. What else could be causing this?

6) In your editor, face type can go past 7 but in the actual game itself, the limit is 7. Do you know why this is?

7) As for re-naming players and date of birth, is it better to type it in or to select from the name list itself and by selecting the month, date and year via your setup?

Thanks Finn. Sorry about all the questions but im excited about using your editor and getting ready to start a franchise my way. I apologize for bugging you all the time and whatnot. I definitely appreciate all the work you do with your editor. You are indeed a God. Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Finn, a few comments and questions.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I finally bought Xbox today and messed around with 2k5's default roster with your editor. Man, it was awesome to see 49ers CB Mike Rumph at FS on the depth chart, Young without stats, Peterson without a photo, all players advanced a year, Lloyd with dreads and all players body type based on weight. I must say Finn, spending over $200 just to use your editor was well worth it. When I loaded that edited roster and seeing that it worked, I was like the happiest person in the world.

Anyway, I downloaded your roster editor version 177 yesterday afternoon and now see that you're up to .190 and thus have a few questions.

1) What are the differences between 177 and 190 in terms of bugs, glitches, etc.?

2) In 190, are there any problems and if so, what are they?

3) What can be done in 190 without any problems whatsoever?

4) While I havent tried yet, are there any problems using an edited roster in Franchise? (version 190)

5) The one problem that I had using 177 was that players were still listed in the 50's and 60's for age. I also had created DT Hollis Thomas based on 2k4 and he was listed as being 252 years old. My laptop is correct in regards to date and time and all the rosters that I have saved in my laptop havent been edited and/or saved in any way. What else could be causing this?

6) In your editor, face type can go past 7 but in the actual game itself, the limit is 7. Do you know why this is?

7) As for re-naming players and date of birth, is it better to type it in or to select from the name list itself and by selecting the month, date and year via your setup?

Thanks Finn. Sorry about all the questions but im excited about using your editor and getting ready to start a franchise my way. I apologize for bugging you all the time and whatnot. I definitely appreciate all the work you do with your editor. You are indeed a God. Thanks again.

1) Player Editor:
Fixed DOB Field giving value out of bounds error when changing.
Fixed college field being disabled if school is set to Clemson.
Fixed Multi-Player edit not removing values from last player Selected.
Allowed renaming in Historic Game Saves.

2) Overwriting names may cause place holder players (with no names) to point to a name. (I don't think will cause any problem in game since these place holder players are not accessible).

3) 2 is the only problem I am aware of at this point. "Aware of" being the key phrase in that sentence. As with any reverse engineering project, there are no guarantees!

4) Not that I am aware of but I am sure I didn't test for every situation.

5) Not sure about the age thing. You seem to be the only one with this problem. Send me a file you see this behavior and let me know a player with the wrong age.

6) I am not sure what all the values are... I just know some players had values higher then 7 based on my reverse engineering of the game save... Did I reverse engineer 100% correctly, only VC could answer that.

7) Renaming by selecting existing names is the safest way to rename in the editor. However, ovewriting names (typing in a new name) is almost nailed down with #2 being the only problem left (if it is a problem). As far as DOB, in .190 and above, which ever way you prefer.

Hope this answered you questions at least somewhat...

Cheers,
Finn
Old 09-30-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Finn, a few comments and questions.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
1) Player Editor:
Fixed DOB Field giving value out of bounds error when changing.
Fixed college field being disabled if school is set to Clemson.
Fixed Multi-Player edit not removing values from last player Selected.
Allowed renaming in Historic Game Saves.

2) Overwriting names may cause place holder players (with no names) to point to a name. (I don't think will cause any problem in game since these place holder players are not accessible).

3) 2 is the only problem I am aware of at this point. "Aware of" being the key phrase in that sentence. As with any reverse engineering project, there are no guarantees!

4) Not that I am aware of but I am sure I didn't test for every situation.

5) Not sure about the age thing. You seem to be the only one with this problem. Send me a file you see this behavior and let me know a player with the wrong age.

6) I am not sure what all the values are... I just know some players had values higher then 7 based on my reverse engineering of the game save... Did I reverse engineer 100% correctly, only VC could answer that.

7) Renaming by selecting existing names is the safest way to rename in the editor. However, ovewriting names (typing in a new name) is almost nailed down with #2 being the only problem left (if it is a problem). As far as DOB, in .190 and above, which ever way you prefer.

Hope this answered you questions at least somewhat...

Cheers,
Finn
Great, thanks a lot. I appreciate it. As for number 5, I think it had to do with editor .177 because I havent seen any player who's age is in the 50's or 60's yet and I have looked over both the opening and final roster updates in your editor .190 and thus far everything is working good. If I do have the problem again, I'll let you know. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it. Well, time to play!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »