Home

2K Football Next Gen Ideas......

This is a discussion on 2K Football Next Gen Ideas...... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: 2K Football Next Gen Ideas......

^^ Damn long post but some great ideas in it. I think it would be cool but that is a lot of stuff to put into a videogame.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:23 PM   #10
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks, Kevin82485. Lots of good ideas in that one. I would also like to see the next game add positional coaches. Like RB, WR, QB, DL, and LB coaches. These coaches will have a dramatic effect on how good your players progress from each week. Position coaches can suggest plays to be run in practice. Each coach has own seperate drills he can bring to the team.

For instance a DB coach can have:
-M Drill, quickfoot ladders, open field tackle, knockdown, jug machine
or another could have:
-jug machine, tip drill, knockdown, read 'n react, jam at the line. They could also recommend plays to be run at practice at staff meetings.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 17

I would ABSOLUTELY go insane if they added that real rag doll physics engine that someone posted a link to a few weeks ago that demonstrated this amazing engine with a ball carrier getting tackled by 2 different defenders.....the momentum, collision and ragdoll effects were unbelievable....I think that's what everyone would ultimately want. This would completely create a game of infinite replayability since no two tackles would ever be exactly the same anymore......This would finally open the door to the NEXT level of sports video gaming!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2005, 04:55 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

I would love to see drunk fans run out on the field and you have to catch 'em and tackle 'em, kinda like a mini-game.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:59 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
I would love to see drunk fans run out on the field and you have to catch 'em and tackle 'em, kinda like a mini-game.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:03 PM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
But instead you have to catch the burger king. That's almost as hard as trying to catch the greased up deaf guy on Family Guy!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 10-04-2005, 01:48 AM   #15
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Make the game just like WE 8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #16
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I would also love a generic football game with heavy customization. I think a logo maker similar to Forzas with many layers would be great. Also a heavy name data base and like posted maybe give Dan and Peter a face so you can see then in the booth and add a few more people to the broadcast, ie..on the field home and away broadcasters and a couple studio personalities would be nice. Maybe a real legends mode...where u make your player * yes this may be similar to EAs* but make it so when real legend is on you actually have to work to become a starter. You can't change the line ups the way you want, if the starting player gets hurt or isn't performing the coach will put you in. You can work out during the week in practice mode by doing the drills and helping your stats and ability go up....if you do good in practice maybe your status with the coaches improve and you move closer to being a starter, give it a kinda RPGish type feel. Now obviously you could try and do terrible with the starter so the coach will put you in but that wouldn't be much fun or a challenge. With great graphics and animation along with a mode like this and customization it would be a great game..also maybe a few years after you retire you could get in the "Legends Road to Glory" = Hall of Fame

Last edited by Sinner; 10-08-2005 at 11:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »