Home

EDITING ATTRIBUTE PLAYERS PROBLEMS

This is a discussion on EDITING ATTRIBUTE PLAYERS PROBLEMS within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2005, 10:02 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: EDITING ATTRIBUTE PLAYERS PROBLEMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
How can I explain this? The roster I uploaded the other day is the roster I’m currently testing. It’s a test roster and nothing else. Once I finish testing things, that roster will probably require several weeks of individual player rating editing to get it into “updated, 2005/2006 schedule” form and shape. I appreciate your interest, but I really have nothing to offer you at this time as far as a finished roster goes.

Sorry,the only thing I wanna be sure is that when you'll have a final roster you'll contact me at my email.
I'm testing your file,I have played 3 games Cowboys against Falcons and the thing I noticed is that the running game is way too easy,if you run outside the tackle you obtain about 12 yards/carry.
I wanna help you testing the file,and I repeat I wanna be sure you contact me as soon as you have a new file.
My email is:
[email protected]
Old 12-09-2005, 10:31 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
I'm testing your file,I have played 3 games Cowboys against Falcons and the thing I noticed is that the running game is way too easy
I’ll let you know if and when this project ever ends, sure Now, as for gameplay/sliders: I’m testing CPU vs CPU games. If you’re playing User games and finding the running too easy, bump up the Tackle slider from 8 to 24 or something. And raise the Pursuit slider up 8 points. Both of those will affect the running game difficulty.

One problem – which isn’t much of a problem IMO – is CPU vs CPU games play differently than User vs CPU games, so it’s next to impossible to get the sliders to work for both without some adjustments. Also, what you consider easy might not be for others, which is why ideally I’d like to come up with sliders that allow for user adjustment either way.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #35
Banned

Bascape666, for a User-CPU game I just played, I bumped up the CPU Tackle slider from 8 to 24, and the CPU Pursuit slider from 16 to 24, and sure enough it’s tough to run those outside tosses, etc. And that leaves all sorts of room for adjusting them further if one finds the running game either too easy or too difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2005, 01:08 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bascape666
I mean with no QB that complete only 25% of attempts
I forgot to mention: I've been testing two teams where both QB's were having trouble completing more than 45% of their passes. So I fired up Finn's editor and edited the two QB's, raising their Pass Read, Pass Accuracy and Consistency to 127 (you can raise ratings above 99 using Finn's editor). Sure enough, both QB's are throwing at 90% completion rates when I use those teams, plus all those idiotic passes disappear, AND the INT's are way down. Good to know that at some point it's going to be real easy to get the CPU QB's to throw well... another whole editing/testing project right there

And something else that goes along with that: 90% of the WR drops disappear as well with QB ratings up like that. So it’s going to be possible to have a really wide range of WR Catch ratings – maybe between 60 and 99, instead of 80 and 99 which is where I’ve got them currently rated.

Last edited by baa7; 12-09-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I forgot to mention: I've been testing two teams where both QB's were having trouble completing more than 45% of their passes. So I fired up Finn's editor and edited the two QB's, raising their Pass Read, Pass Accuracy and Consistency to 127 (you can raise ratings above 99 using Finn's editor). Sure enough, both QB's are throwing at 90% completion rates when I use those teams, plus all those idiotic passes disappear, AND the INT's are way down. Good to know that at some point it's going to be real easy to get the CPU QB's to throw well... another whole editing/testing project right there

And something else that goes along with that: 90% of the WR drops disappear as well with QB ratings up like that. So it’s going to be possible to have a really wide range of WR Catch ratings – maybe between 60 and 99, instead of 80 and 99 which is where I’ve got them currently rated.
baa,

I was just about to do this because I can't get anyone over 55% or so on a regular basis. Glad to see it really does help!! If 127 yields 90%, it probably should be set anywhere between 99 and about 120?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:01 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
baa,

I was just about to do this because I can't get anyone over 55% or so on a regular basis. Glad to see it really does help!! If 127 yields 90%, it probably should be set anywhere between 99 and about 120?
Well, I can tell you raising it to 120 for both QBs didn't help at all. Maybe it has to be maxed out at 127. Each QB still threw 3 picks and made some real dumb reads/throws.

Still not satisified with how good DBs are now...LBs as well. Both are still closing too fast and making immediate tackles. The coverage ratings improve the animations, but man...these guys don't make a mistake! The Consistency is in the 40's and 50's for the DBs...maybe it needs to be even lower for DBs and LBs. Tackle ratings need to drop into the 40's and 50's too I think.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:51 PM   #39
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

I'll all for increasing the CPU's completion % and lowering their INT's, but do you guys think these edits will mess up the simmed season stats?

NickChewOver's edits have been the best I've found so far that help these QB issues while still keeping the season stats in line.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
I'll all for increasing the CPU's completion % and lowering their INT's, but do you guys think these edits will mess up the simmed season stats?

NickChewOver's edits have been the best I've found so far that help these QB issues while still keeping the season stats in line.
Flyer,

It's less of an issue for me because I am solely working on historic teams/players. But you bring up a good point...I have no clue what these would do to simmed stats in a season. I know the basic principle being applied here is to get the game to look and feel like the real NFL if possible from a play/watch the game view. Not sure how far off the simmed stats will be due to these changes...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »