Home

NFL 2K5: Are there differences between PS2 and XBOX?

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5: Are there differences between PS2 and XBOX? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2005, 12:10 PM   #9
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NFL 2K5: Are there differences between PS2 and XBOX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrmikey
Unless you have some type of upscaler on your tv...only 16 X 9, 480p support is available for NFL 2k5...still looks worlds better than 4 X 3, 480i.

...and don't believe it if you see 720p support listed online somewhere, it's not true...peace
I was going to say this too. NFL 2K5 is definitely NOT 720p. Unless - hopefully - the game gets added to the list of backward compatible games on the 360 and gets the 720p treatment. That would be sweet.

As far as how it looks in 480p, on my HDTV, it looks nice and sharp, HOWEVER, it is extremely jaggy. Much more so than on my older non-HD display. Even with the jaggies though it looks better than on my old tv.

This game needs the 720p and full-screen anti-aliasing Halo and Halo 2 got on the 360.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:35 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

OK, thanks again. So other than that, it is a complete port of the PS2 Game...same roster cut off, same cut scenes, etc?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:53 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
OK, thanks again. So other than that, it is a complete port of the PS2 Game...same roster cut off, same cut scenes, etc?
I owned both and to me the XBox felt leauges ahead of the ps2 version, in terms of smoothness of the controls, the feel, animations seemed more fluid and varried. and the graphics running in HD were miles aheadof the ps2. but for some reason the ps2 did weather effects better though. just my take.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »