Home

Questions for Finn's Editor

This is a discussion on Questions for Finn's Editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2005, 11:17 PM   #25
Pyramid Lake Games

OVR: 1
Re: Questions for Finn's Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub2k4
Ok, I probably won't get started until after the holidays when I really have time to sit down and get it done. But I would be more thank glad to do it.
Good luck either way. Bound to be a lot of work. Best idea would be to just look at the rookie information in game after week 8 (or whenever it shows up). Photograph each player face at the position (maybe do all QBs first). Write down the names of each, or simply view your photos on the computer while also having your XBox on at the same time next to you. Whew. Have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2005, 11:46 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessjogger
Good luck either way. Bound to be a lot of work. Best idea would be to just look at the rookie information in game after week 8 (or whenever it shows up). Photograph each player face at the position (maybe do all QBs first). Write down the names of each, or simply view your photos on the computer while also having your XBox on at the same time next to you. Whew. Have fun.
But you also have to know if they're bald, etc so that part of their head matches the player as well. And you can only know that if you see them in a cut scene from the sidelines with their helmet off, waving to the camera or whatever after a TD or great play.

What I did with 2K4 was this: I put the sliders on rookie and set up a situational game, my first down on the other team’s one yard line. My HB was the guy I used to check faces/hairdo. I’d give him the ball: TD! After the extra point the scene would switch to him on the sidelines, helmet off, mouthing “Hi Mom!” to the camera. Bingo, and it only took one quick play.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:18 PM   #27
Pyramid Lake Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
But you also have to know if they're bald, etc so that part of their head matches the player as well. And you can only know that if you see them in a cut scene from the sidelines with their helmet off, waving to the camera or whatever after a TD or great play.

What I did with 2K4 was this: I put the sliders on rookie and set up a situational game, my first down on the other team’s one yard line. My HB was the guy I used to check faces/hairdo. I’d give him the ball: TD! After the extra point the scene would switch to him on the sidelines, helmet off, mouthing “Hi Mom!” to the camera. Bingo, and it only took one quick play.
I'm not sure I follow you on this. The photograph of the player in their bio, overlays, etc has no relation to how you created them as a physical player. I could have a bald, white, 500 lb QB but give him Michael Vick's face. It wouldn't change any of the bald, white, 500 lb settings for the player.

Maybe I'm just not understanding your post?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:15 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure I follow you on this. The photograph of the player in their bio, overlays, etc has no relation to how you created them as a physical player. I could have a bald, white, 500 lb QB but give him Michael Vick's face. It wouldn't change any of the bald, white, 500 lb settings for the player.

Maybe I'm just not understanding your post?
Sorry, I though you people were talking about the generic faces in-game. I dropped out of school in the fourth grade -- never learned to read
Old 12-22-2005, 10:04 AM   #29
Pyramid Lake Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Sorry, I though you people were talking about the generic faces in-game. I dropped out of school in the fourth grade -- never learned to read
No you are correct. We are talking about the UNK (created) player faces. But like I said, I could make a 500lb QB bald and have his photograph be one of those UNKs that is black and has dreads. It wouldn't actually make him black with dreads. It's just the photo that is used in the overlays. It has no relation to changing/editing his actual physical appearance.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:30 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
No you are correct. We are talking about the UNK (created) player faces. But like I said, I could make a 500lb QB bald and have his photograph be one of those UNKs that is black and has dreads. It wouldn't actually make him black with dreads. It's just the photo that is used in the overlays. It has no relation to changing/editing his actual physical appearance.

I hope that makes sense.
Okay, got you. And what I was saying is I like to match up the generic faces with the pics, hair-wise (if that's a word). If the guy in the pic is bald, I try to find one of the generic faces where, when the guy takes off his helmet on the sidelines, you see his sweaty dome shining in the sun... not that I'm attracted to that sort of thing of course

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »